We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
- Best CBD isolate capsules: Medterra Isolate CBD Gel Capsules
- Best organic CBD softgels: Joy Organics Premium CBD Softgels
- Best priced CBD softgels: Lazarus Naturals Full Spectrum CBD Softgels
- Best full-spectrum CBD softgels: Bluebird Botanicals Classic Concentrated CBD Soft Gels
- Best vegan CBD capsules: Sunsoil CBD Oil Vegan Capsules
CBD oil is one of the most common types of CBD products, but it isn’t the only one. You can also take CBD in a pill or capsule. Pills and capsules are easy to use and can provide more consistent dosing than oils, as each dose is premeasured.
However, unlike CBD oils, CBD capsules and pills are subject to additional breakdown in your digestive tract via
Currently, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) doesn’t guarantee the safety, effectiveness, or quality of over-the-counter (OTC) CBD products. However, in order to protect public health, the FDA can
Since the FDA doesn’t regulate CBD products in the same way they regulate drugs or dietary supplements, companies sometimes mislabel or misrepresent their products. That means it’s especially important to do your own research and find a quality product.
We’re here to help with our top six picks of some of the best CBD pills and capsules on the market today. We’ll also go over how to choose a product, as well as cover safety and side effect information.
Where available, we’ve included special discount codes for our readers.
We chose these products based on criteria we think are good indicators of safety, quality, and transparency. Each product in this article:
- is made by a company that provides proof of third-party testing
- is made with U.S.-grown hemp
- contains no more than 0.3 percent THC, according to the certificate of analysis (COA)
- passes tests for pesticides, heavy metals, and molds, according to the COA
As a part of our selection process, we also considered:
- certifications and manufacturing processes
- whether the ingredients are certified organic
- indicators of user trust and brand reputation, such as:
- customer reviews
- whether the company has been subject to an FDA
- whether the company makes any unsupported health claims
Additionally, most of the products on this list contain full-spectrum CBD. Full-spectrum CBD, also known as whole plant extract, has some advantages over isolate — namely, the entourage effect, a theory that states cannabinoids work better together than they do alone.
- $ = under $50
- $$ = $50–$75
- $$$ = over $75
Best CBD isolate capsules
- Price: $
- CBD type: isolate
- CBD potency: 25 or 50 mg per capsule
- Count: 30 per container
- COA: available online
The hemp used in these capsules from Medterra is non-GMO and organically grown. The company offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, so if you’re new to CBD and not sure if it’ll work for you, this product may be a good one to try.
Use code “health15” for 15% off.