In an effort to help you take the best care of your health and well-being, we occasionally partner with brands and recommend products in our content. Any product we recommend or brand we work with is thoroughly vetted by our team for medical credibility, good business practices, and social impact.
Products chosen by our editorial teams go through a similar process to ensure brand integrity and product safety. Ultimately, this vetting process ensures that you’ll only see recommendations for products and companies that we stand behind.
Why we prioritize vetting at Healthline
We feel a responsibility to our community to make sound recommendations that have been evaluated and approved by our team of medical experts.
Not only do these high standards have a positive impact on you and your health, but they also set a standard across the industry at large.
Our vetting process
Our scoring system is based on (but not limited to) answers to the following questions:
- Are the health or medical claims made supported by the current body of scientific evidence?
- Does the brand adhere to industry best practices? Are they leading the industry in their business practices?
- Is there any third-party validation for the industry practices?
- Has the company been issued an FDA warning letter?
- Are there any pending lawsuits or previous settlements related to class-action, fair employment practices, and/or marketing practices?
- Does a product contain anything that has potential for interaction, allergies, or other harmful reactions when ingested?
- What are the ingredients/composition of the product? Do the ingredients and/or composition have the potential to cause harm?
We also consider the social impact of the companies we partner with. This is a purposeful initiative to highlight companies that are transparent about their diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
We reevaluate all brands that partner with Healthline Media on a regular basis to ensure they continue to meet our standards. If a product or brand is re-evaluated and no longer meets our standards, we’ll remove it from our site.
And if we do share something that hasn’t passed our vetting process, we’ll be transparent about why, so you can make an informed decision.
In short, we do the legwork — backed by a team of experts — so you don’t have to. So that you can feel confident in the choices you make for your health and well-being.
Click here to learn more about Heathline’s approach to content integrity, including our high standards for medical accuracy and editorial quality.