In an effort to help you take the best care of your health and well-being, we occasionally partner with brands and recommend products in our content. However, any product we recommend or brand we work with is thoroughly vetted by our team for medical credibility, good business practices, and social impact.
We put the brands we partner with through a rigorous process of vetting so that you have the necessary information to make informed decisions. Products chosen by the editorial teams go through a similar process to ensure brand integrity and product safety. Ultimately, this rigorous vetting process ensures that you’ll only see recommendations for products and companies that we stand behind.
Why we prioritize vetting at Healthline
Our top priority is to give you the information you need to make health-related decisions, so we vet brands and products carefully to ensure that we are making recommendations that can benefit you and your loved ones.
Health seekers have made us the fastest growing information site with hundreds of millions of people turning to Healthline each month. We feel a responsibility to our community to make sound recommendations that have been evaluated and approved by our team of medical experts.
These high standards not only have a positive impact on you and your health, but they also set a standard across the industry at large.
Sometimes, you may encounter a product or brand on our site that doesn’t meet our standards. If we share a brand or product that hasn’t passed vetting, we’ll be transparent about why, so that you can make an informed decision about the brand or product in question.
Our vetting process
We use a rigorous vetting process for every brand we work with and product we feature, assessing each company based on medical claims, business standards, and social impact.
Our scoring system is based on (but not limited to) answers to the following questions:
- Are the health or medical claims made supported by the current body of scientific evidence?
- Does the brand adhere to industry best practices? Are they leading the industry in their business practices?
- Is there any third-party validation for the industry practices?
- Has the company been issued an FDA-warning letter?
- Are there any pending lawsuits or previous settlements related to class-action, fair employment practices, and or marketing practices?
- Does a product contain anything that has potential for interaction, allergies, and other harmful reactions when ingested?
- What are the ingredients/composition of the product? Do the ingredients and/or composition have the potential to cause harm?
Alongside these medical and business questions, we also explore the social impact of the companies we partner with. This is a deliberate initiative to bring forward companies that are being transparent about their diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
To maintain and uphold our high standards, we reevaluate all brands that partner with Healthline Media on a regular basis to ensure they continue to meet our criteria for quality, credibility, and integrity.
Simply, we do the legwork — backed by a team of experts — so you don’t have to. So that you can feel confident in the choices you make for your health and well-being.
Click here to learn more about Heathline’s approach to content integrity, including our high standards for medical accuracy and editorial quality.