We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
Healthline only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
Healthline has sole editorial control over this article. Potential uses for the products listed here are not health claims made by the manufacturers. The information in this article is intended to be general in nature. It’s not intended to be a substitute for medical advice from a healthcare professional. Healthline encourages you to make any treatment decisions with your healthcare professional.
Soul CBD is a relative newcomer to the cannabidiol (CBD) market. They’re one of the few brands we’ve reviewed that offer only tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)-free, or isolate, CBD products.
Soul CBD is great option for those looking to avoid THC. Read on for our full review
Pros of Soul CBD
- All products are third-party lab tested.
- Products are made with organic hemp grown in the United States.
- Lots of options for both people and pets.
Cons of Soul CBD
- They are not certified by the U.S. Hemp Authority.
- They have a strict return policy.
A majority of Soul CBD’s reviews are on their website. Most reviews are positive, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars across 26 products, at time of publication. Customers note that they feel calm after using the products and that the flavors taste good.
There is also a frequently asked questions section in the reviews section under each product.
As Soul CBD is a relatively new company, they cannot be found on Trustpilot nor the Better Business Bureau, at time of publication.
Quality and transparency
At time of publication, Soul CBD has not received any warning letters from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Sourcing and manufacturing
Soul CBD’s website says their hemp is grown organically in the United States. The products don’t appear to be certified organic by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, but they may still follow organic growing practices even if the products aren’t certified.
Soul CBD uses industrial-grade carbon dioxide extraction in order to extract CBD from their hemp. Proponents say this is a “cleaner” method of processing hemp because it doesn’t leave any chemical residue behind like solvent-based extraction does.
Certificate of analysis (COA)
Soul CBD third-party tests their products through ProVerde Laboratories, an ISO 17025 accredited lab.
Batch-specific COAs are posted online under a lab results tab for each product, making it easy to verify quality for the specific batch of product you purchase. COAs for all products can also be viewed on this page.
The COA results cover cannabinoid profile and potency, heavy metals, microbiological contaminants, pathogenic bacterial contaminants, and pesticides.
Range of products and pricing
Soul CBD offers CBD isolate products. This means that all of their products only contain pure CBD. They do not contain any other components of the cannabis plant.
In terms of variety, Soul CBD offers a wide range of products, such as:
- gummies for daytime and nighttime use
- CBD capsules
- topical creams and salves
- CBD oil
- bath bombs
- dog treats
- CBD oil for pets
Soul CBD has a membership service that is available to customers who subscribe to their products. Members enjoy a 15% discount on their product subscriptions, free shipping on all purchases, reward points, free products after a certain number of purchases, giveaways, and member-exclusive sales.
Members have the option to skip a shipment or change the product they are subscribed to, and delivery intervals can be changed at any point.
Verified buyers on the Soul CBD website say their customer service is quick and responsive.
The company offers refunds to unopened and sealed products within 14 days of receiving the product, and customers are responsible for return shipping.
One of our editors tested a range of Soul CBD products. They used each product for at least 5 days, comparing the flavor, potency, and effectiveness of each one. Here’s our take on how Soul CBD’s products stack up.
|• offers a wide range of products, including products for pets
• all products are third-party lab tested
• products are made with U.S. grown, organic hemp
|• strict return policy
• not certified by the U.S. Hemp Authority
|• discount program available
|• most products certified USDA organic
• products come with a 30-day guarantee
• products are made with hemp flower only
|• some products limited to a single-potency option
• all products are full-spectrum, meaning they can contain up to 0.3% THC
• price point is higher than other brands
|• discount program available
• rewards program available to all customers regardless of discount program enrollment
|• competitive pricing
• good variety of products
|• no assistance programs available
• unclear if products are certified organic
• doesn’t name CGMPs facility
|• loyalty program available
|• positive reputation
• uses organic, non-GMO hemp
• offers three discount programs
|• some poor customer service reviews
• unclear on hemp farm locations
|• discounts for veterans, first responders, and those with legal disabilities
• auto-ship discounts available
Once you add your chosen products to your cart, the site will display a bar that shows progress to free shipping at $75 and free gummies at $120. There is also a place to use points toward your order. Shipping and handling is calculated at checkout.
Deciding which Soul CBD product to use will depend on factors such as your specific needs, likes and dislikes, and your lifestyle. Some important factors to consider:
- Onset of effects: Soul CBD’s oils use MCT (medium-chain triglycerides) oil, which is often extracted from coconut oil. The body breaks down and absorbs MCTs rapidly, so they are frequently used in CBD products. The onset of these products is generally 1–2 hours.
- Flavor preferences: If you’re not keen on the taste of hemp, Soul CBD’s gummies and oils are available in a variety of flavors.
- Desired effects: Creams are best for targeting a specific area of the body, such as aching joints. Ingestible products, such as oils and gummies, have a body-wide effect.
- THC preference: Soul CBD uses CBD isolate, meaning that there is no THC in any of their products. However, if you want to have THC, you may want to opt for full-spectrum products.
If you’re trying CBD for the first time, the best thing to do is start with a small serving. Everyone is different, and this will allow you to see how you react and adjust accordingly. Low and slow is a good rule of thumb for CBD.
Factors such as your body weight and body chemistry can affect your tolerance. Method of consumption will also affect dose, absorption rate, and onset of effects.
It can take up to 2 hours for solid ingestibles, such as gummies, to take effect. So, you might want to avoid taking any more within that time frame.
The effects of tinctures and sublingual, or under the tongue, products are noticeable within 15–45 minutes. Topicals can take up to an hour to provide relief.
Dosage also depends on the type of product:
- Oils: Soul CBD recommends one full dropper per serving, or 17 mg of CBD. However, you may want to start with even less if you’re new to CBD. Drop the oil under your tongue and hold for 30 seconds.
- Softgels: Take these as you would with a pill and swallow with water.
- Gummies: Soul CBD recommends 1–2 gummies per serving for adults, but you may want to start with less if you’re new to CBD. Chew these like any other gummy.
- Topicals: Apply these products as needed. You may want to do a patch test first to make sure your skin doesn’t react negatively to any ingredients.
CBD products are considered safe, but you may experience some common side effects with use, such as:
Note that CBD may interact with prescription drug medications, over-the-counter drugs, and dietary supplements, including medications with a grapefruit warning.
CBD may also cause liver toxicity or injury. However, it is important to note that this study was conducted on mice and that you would need to take extremely high doses in order for this to be a concern.
Use caution when ingesting CBD with foods that are high in fat. Fats
Avoid using CBD if you are nursing or pregnant.
Talk with a healthcare professional before taking CBD, especially if you’re taking other medications or supplements, or managing other health conditions.
CBD may interact with other medications, OTC drugs, and dietary supplements. Your healthcare team can make a recommendation based on your current medications and your health history.
If you’re new to CBD, a healthcare professional or knowledgable cannabis clinician can recommend a starting dose.
The best practice is to start with the lowest possible dose so you can learn how CBD affects you. From there, you can slowly increase the amount you take.
Where is Soul CBD located?
Soul CBD is based in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Is Soul CBD a reputable CBD brand?
Yes. Despite being a relatively new company, Soul CBD has a positive reputation, and all products are third-party lab tested for safety and quality.
Is CBD FDA approved?
It’s important to choose a positively reviewed brand that is transparent about their practices and provides third-party testing. It’s also important to make sure that a brand isn’t making over-the-top claims about their products.
Is CBD safe for pets?
Soul CBD has a product line specifically for pets. Before administering CBD to your pets, speak with your veterinarian.
Soul CBD is a relatively new CBD brand that offers a large selection of CBD isolate products. They are transparent in their practices, with batch-specific COAs for each product and easily understandable product labels.