We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
- Best upright: Schwinn 170 Upright
- Best lightweight: Schwinn 130 Upright
- Best recumbent: Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike
- Best indoor cycling bike: Schwinn IC4 Indoor Cycling Bike
- Best airdyne bike: Schwinn Airdyne AD6
Whether you love riding outside or enjoy the motivation of a spin class, Schwinn exercise bikes offer a convenient alternative for days when you want to work out from home.
Schwinn is a well-known fitness brand that offers several types of home exercise bikes, all of which are durable, quiet, and easy to use.
What’s more, while some are more affordable or geared toward beginners, other models come equipped with advanced features, including LCD screens, charging ports, dumbbells, and multiple user profiles. As a result, Schwinn has an option to suit riders of all fitness levels.
However, with so many great options to choose from, it can be difficult to decide which machine to purchase.
The Schwinn bikes in this article were selected based on the following criteria:
- Features. We included Schwinn exercise bikes with a wide variety of features, including LCD screens, USB charging ports, built-in workouts, and a range of resistance levels.
- Value. We looked for exercise bikes that offer a good value for the price.
- Customer reviews. The products on this list have mostly positive customer reviews.
Here are the 5 best Schwinn home exercise bikes.
Weighing just 62.8 pounds (28.5 kg), the Schwinn 170 Upright bike is loaded with features for riders of all levels.
Specifically, the bike offers 25 levels of resistance, 29 built-in workouts, 2 LCD display screens, a media rack, dual water bottle holder, and USB port for charging your device as you ride.
It also includes Bluetooth-enabled speakers if you’d rather listen to your music without headphones.
What’s more, the seat is easily adjustable and contoured to keep you comfortable throughout your workout.
One thing to note is that some customers notice a slight dragging sensation when peddling at slower speeds. However, this hesitation goes away once you start moving faster.
The bike supports riders up to 300 pounds (136.4 kg) and comes with a 10-year warranty on the frame.
If you’re looking for a lightweight bike that’s easy to maneuver, the Schwinn 130 Upright is a good option, as it weighs just 58.4 (26.5 kg) pounds yet supports users up to 300 pounds (136.4 kg).
The bike also comes with 16 resistance levels, 13 programmed workouts, Bluetooth connectivity, adjustable handlebars, a padded contour seat, media rack, and LCD screen.
However, while it’s lighter and more affordable than the 170 Upright, the Schwinn 130 has fewer resistance levels and programmed workouts. It also lacks certain features, including a USB port, forearm rests, and built-in speakers.
If you’re looking for a comfortable recumbent bike, the Schwinn 270 is a great choice.
The bike supports users up to 300 pounds (136.4 kg) and is equipped with 25 levels of resistance. Plus, with Bluetooth capabilities and a sealed acoustic chamber, the Schwinn 270 is ideal for listening to music or podcasts as you ride.
Additionally, the bike comes with 29 built-in workouts and pairs with the RideSocial App, which allows you to virtually experience bike routes from all over the world.
However, given that the flywheel — the revolving wheel located at the front of the bike — weighs just 13 pounds (5.9 kg), some reviewers mention that the machine doesn’t feel as sturdy as they expected given the price.
Best indoor cycling bike
If you’re looking to replicate a spin class from the comfort of home, the IC4 indoor cycling bike is the best choice.
While it doesn’t have a built-in tablet, the bike is equipped with a device holder and Bluetooth connectivity, allowing you to stream workout classes from popular cycling apps, including Peloton, Explore the World, and Zwift.
The IC4 also includes two water bottle holders, an LCD console, and easily accessible dumbbell cradles for incorporating upper-body exercises during your ride.
What’s more, the bike features dual-link pedals with toe cages, so you can use either SPD clips or regular athletic shoes.
The bike also offers 100 microadjustable resistance levels, supports users up to 330 pounds (150 kg), and allows for fore and aft seat adjustments, which allows you to move the seat forward and backward as well as vertically for proper alignment.
While the bike offers performance tracking, some customers express concerns over the accuracy of the speed readout.
Best airdyne bike
Similarly to an elliptical machine, airdyne bikes are designed to provide a full-body workout by featuring moving handlebars.
While Schwinn offers three models, the Airdyne AD6 is the best overall option, as you get many of the same features as the AD7 but at a more affordable price.
With an oversized extra-padded seat, a quiet fan, and LCD screen, the AD6 is a comfortable way to ride. It also includes a heart rate monitor and revolutions per minute (RPM) meter designed for interval training.
The machine has a max weight capacity of 300 pounds (136.4 kg) and an adjustable seat to accommodate users of varying heights. However, as the seat only adjusts vertically, it may be more difficult to get the saddle perfectly aligned with the pedals.
With many models available, it can be hard to decide which Schwinn exercise bike is right for you. Here are some factors to consider:
- Style. Do you want the feel of an indoor spin class or need the lower back support of a recumbent bike? As Schwinn offers several types of home exercise bikes, you’ll want to consider the pros and cons of each before making your selection.
- Features. As bikes with high tech features tend to cost more, it’s important to decide which features you feel are worth paying more for.
- Space. If you’re tight on space or need to frequently move your bike out of the way, you’ll want to choose a model that’s lightweight and easy to maneuver. Also, make sure to check that the dimensions of the bike will fit in your intended workout space.
- Budget. As Schwinn bikes come in a range of prices, look for models that are within your budget. Also, keep in mind that many stores offer sales throughout the year, so it’s a good idea to shop around for the best price.
Schwinn is well known for its line of home exercise bikes, all of which are fairly priced and offer an effective solution for getting your sweat on from home.
By considering your workout needs and using the list above, we’re confident that you’ll find a Schwinn exercise bike that’s right for you.