We include products we think are useful to our readers, including products we may have received for free. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
Healthline only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
Olly specializes in gummy vitamins that are third-party tested. While some Olly products may offer benefits for certain health concerns, the gummies are not suitable for everyone, including those following a vegan diet.
Known for colorful packaging and fruity gummy flavors, Olly supplements have become increasingly popular among health enthusiasts in recent years.
The company offers an assortment of gummies and capsules designed to boost mood, metabolism, gut health, hair growth, immune function, and more.
If you’ve ever been curious about trying Olly, you may wonder whether these supplements really live up to the hype.
This article will take an in-depth look at Olly, including the products the company offers, who they’re for, and how they stack up against competitors.
Olly is a supplement company based in San Francisco.
It was founded by entrepreneurs Eric Ryan and Brad Harrington in 2013 and acquired by Unilever in 2019.
According to the brand’s website, Olly aims to help promote happiness from the inside out and make it easier to pursue good health without compromise.
The company is also a Public Benefit Corporation and supports The Jed Foundation, a nonprofit organization focused on mental health and suicide prevention in teens and young adults.
Currently, Olly offers more than 60 unique formulations for children and adults. Products are grouped into the following categories on the brand’s website:
- Ultra Softgels + Capsules
- Wellness Boosts
- Joy Jar Bundles
- Refill Pouches
Supplements can be purchased online and at many nationwide retailers, including Target, Walgreens, and CVS.
Here are a few pros and cons you may want to keep in mind before trying Olly.
- The brand offers a wide variety of supplements.
- Some products are third-party certified by NSF International.
- All products are third-party tested.
- Most supplements are gluten-free.
- Supplements are available in a variety of forms, including gummies and softgels.
- All products are free of artificial flavors and sweeteners.
- Olly gummies contain gelatin and may not be suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- Certain products contain nutrients in amounts that are lower than clinically studied, which might affect their effectiveness.
- Some gummies contain added sugar.
With more than 60 supplements to choose from, Olly offers products tailored to a wide range of health concerns and needs.
Olly supplements may be a good option for people who:
- are interested in filling the gaps in their diet
- are looking for tasty, kid-friendly multivitamins
- are seeking supplements designed to support specific aspects of health, such as immunity, gut health, or mood
- follow a gluten-free diet
- prefer gummies over capsules, tablets, or pills
Olly partners with both domestic and international facilities to produce its line of supplements, and all products are manufactured in facilities that comply with the Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMPs) established by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
According to the company’s website, all supplements are also third-party tested in the United States, though the specific testing lab or facility is not disclosed.
Furthermore, many products are certified by NSF International, an independent organization that tests supplements to ensure safety and quality.
While Olly does not test any products on animals, not all Olly products are vegan-friendly.
In fact, most of the gummies are made with gelatin, which means they’re unsuitable for people following a vegan or vegetarian diet.
Olly offers a wide range of products, many of which are intended to address specific health concerns.
Here is a closer look at a few of Olly’s most popular supplements.
- Nutrition per 2-gummy serving (1): 15 calories, 4 grams (g) carbs, 2 g added sugars
- Included nutrients: thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, folate, biotin, pantothenic acid, calcium, phosphorus, iodine, zinc, selenium,, chromium, boron, and vitamins A, C, D, E, B6, and B12
This berry-flavored gummy multivitamin contains a blend of nutrients specifically for women.
It’s particularly high in folate, a micronutrient that is essential during pregnancy to help ensure proper fetal development. Plus, it contains vitamin D, another important micronutrient that supports bone health and immune function (
In addition to being free of gluten and artificial flavors and colors, this women’s multivitamin is NSF certified.
- Nutrition per 2-gummy serving (4): 15 calories, 3 g carbs, 2 g added sugars
- Active ingredients: GABA, L-theanine, lemon balm extract
Featuring gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), L-theanine, and lemon balm, this strawberry verbena-flavored supplement is formulated to promote calmness and alertness.
But more research on GABA’s effects is needed. In fact, a 2020 review on the effects of GABA concluded that there is limited evidence to support any beneficial effects on stress (
Overall, while L-theanine and lemon balm may help reduce stress levels, more research is necessary. Furthermore, there’s no research on the effectiveness of this supplement specifically.
Like several other Olly products, Goodbye Stress is gluten-free, made without artificial ingredients, and NSF certified.
- Nutrition per 1-gummy serving (9): 5 calories, 2 g carbs, 1 g fiber, <1 g added sugars
- Active ingredients: Bacillus coagulans MTCC 5856, prebiotic blend (fructooligosaccharides, inulin, xylitol)
Olly’s peach-flavored Probiotic + Prebiotic supplement claims to help balance the digestive system and is made with a blend of live cultures and gut-friendly fiber.
Specifically, it contains 500 million colony-forming units (CFUs) of Bacillus coagulans MTCC 5856 per gummy. This is a strain of bacteria that has been shown to reduce symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and other digestive disorders (
However, keep in mind that most studies use significantly higher doses of B. coagulans than this product contains.
However, some people may have difficulty tolerating these ingredients and may experience digestive side effects (
This product is NSF certified and free of gluten and artificial ingredients.
- Nutrition per 2-gummy serving (17): 15 calories, 3 g carbs, 2 g added sugars
- Included nutrients: biotin, keratin, and vitamins C and E
According to Olly, this grapefruit-flavored gummy can support beauty from the inside out by enhancing the health of the hair, skin, and nails.
It contains biotin, a B vitamin that is often added to supplements to promote hair growth.
Undeniable Beauty is gluten-free, NSF certified, and free of artificial flavors and sweeteners.
- Nutrition per 2-gummy serving (22): 15 calories, 3 g carbs, 2 g added sugars, <1 g protein
- Active ingredients: L-theanine, melatonin, chamomile extract, passionflower extract, and lemon balm extract
Made with melatonin, L-theanine, and botanicals, Olly’s Sleep Blackberry Zen is designed to promote relaxation and support a healthy sleep cycle.
Some research also suggests that L-theanine may relieve stress, which could help support rest and relaxation. It may also improve sleep quality when combined with other ingredients, such as GABA or magnesium (24,
While studies have shown an effective dose ranging from 200 to 400 milligrams (mg), Sleep Blackberry Zen contains only 100 mg of L-theanine per serving.
Additionally, as with other Olly supplements, Sleep Blackberry Zen’s effectiveness has not been studied.
Sleep Blackberry Zen is NSF certified, gluten-free, and formulated without any artificial flavors or colors.
- Nutrition per 1-gummy serving (28): 10 calories, 2 g carbs, 1 g added sugars
- Included nutrients: folate, biotin, pantothenic acid, choline, iodine, zinc, Bacillus coagulans MTCC 5856, and vitamins A, C, D, E, B6, and B12
This berry punch-flavored gummy provides a range of nutrients for kids ages 2 years and up, along with an added dose of probiotics to support gut health.
Specifically, it contains Bacillus coagulans MCTCC 5856, a probiotic strain that may offer benefits for people with IBS and other digestive disorders, though research in children is needed (
Olly’s Kids Multi + Probiotic is NSF certified, gluten-free, and naturally colored and flavored.
Olly’s products cost $9.99–$24.99 per bottle, depending on the product and number of servings provided. Discounts are available for subscriptions.
Shipping is free for orders over $59. The shipping cost for smaller orders depends on your delivery location.
Olly currently ships to all 50 U.S. states and Puerto Rico.
Keep in mind that pricing is current as of publication and is subject to change. Additionally, exact prices may vary by retailer.
Olly has a solid reputation as a quality supplement manufacturer, and its products are available at a variety of retailers.
Olly is NSF certified, and all supplements are tested by a third-party lab. Additionally, Olly does not make any unacceptable or unsubstantiated health claims about its products.
As of the time of publication, Olly is not accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and holds a C+ rating from the organization, which is based on factors such as the company’s complaint history and business practices.
In 2022, Olly was named in a class-action lawsuit, which alleged that the company misled consumers by inaccurately dosing some supplements that contained melatonin.
Olly was also involved in a 2021 lawsuit involving digital accessibility issues with its website.
In terms of customer satisfaction, many Olly products are highly rated. For example, the Ultra Strength Women’s Multi + Omega-3 has an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars on Amazon, which is based on 33,155 reviews.
Positive reviews state that the gummy version is easy to chew and has a nice texture. A few also mention experiencing beneficial health effects with consistent use.
On the other hand, less favorable reviews report an unpleasant flavor, smell, and aftertaste. Some also note that the packaging can be difficult to open.
Though Olly supplements have not been included in any research studies, most of the brand’s products are formulated using clinically studied ingredients.
On its website, the company provides information on the ingredients found in each supplement and the rationale for why each was included.
However, some of the supplements contain ingredients in lower doses than those used in clinical studies.
For example, the Probiotic + Prebiotic supplement contains 500 million CFUs of B. coagulans MCTCC 5856. Some research suggests that a dose of at least 2 billion CFUs may be more effective than lower doses in treating digestive issues (
Some other supplements may not have much of an effect unless you have a nutrient deficiency or are lacking certain nutrients in your diet.
For instance, supplements such as Ultra Strength Hair Softgels, Heavenly Hair, and Undeniable Beauty contain high doses of biotin, which are unlikely to be beneficial unless you have a deficiency (
Still, many of Olly’s other supplements and multivitamins can help round out your diet and boost your intake of important nutrients, which could benefit your health.
Though Olly’s products are likely safe for most healthy adults, it’s important to talk with a healthcare professional before adding supplements to your routine, especially if you have any underlying health conditions or are taking any medications.
Furthermore, note that Olly supplements are not a good fit for some people:
- People following a vegan or vegetarian diet: Most of Olly’s gummies contain animal-derived gelatin.
- People following a very low carb diet: Most Olly gummies contain 1–2 g of added sugar, which may not fit into a very low carb diet such as the ketogenic diet.
- People following a gluten-free diet: While most Olly supplements are gluten-free and tested to verify that they are safe for those following a gluten-free diet, some products, such as Beat the Bloat, may contain ingredients derived from wheat.
- People with serious food allergies: While the company notes that none of its gummies contain major allergens, it also states that its manufacturing facilities may process other products that contain these allergens. Although the company mentions that it regularly tests for cross contamination, it’s best to use caution if you have a serious allergy.
Several other supplement brands are comparable to Olly, especially in terms of quality, testing, and product selection.
Here’s a closer look at how Olly compares with a few of its competitors:
|Products||Supplement forms||Certifications||Third-party testing|
• multinutrient blends
• dissolvable tablets
• multinutrient blends
|Clean Label Project||yes|
|HUM Nutrition||• multivitamins|
• multinutrient blends
• dissolvable tablets
|Clean Label Project||yes|
• single nutrients
• multinutrient blends
Are Olly vitamins FDA-approved?
The FDA does not evaluate or approve dietary supplements for safety, purity, or effectiveness.
However, Olly notes that its products are manufactured in facilities that adhere to the CGMPs established by the FDA, which ensure that supplements are accurately labeled and meet safety requirements.
Is Olly a good brand of vitamins?
Olly offers a wide range of supplements formulated to address a variety of health concerns. All Olly products are third-party tested.
Olly products might be a good fit for people who prefer gummies over tablets or pills and are looking for a tasty way to help round out their diet.
Are Olly vitamins tested?
All Olly products are tested by an independent lab for safety and quality. Many are also certified by third-party organizations such as NSF International.
Olly offers more than 60 supplements, many of which are formulated to address specific health concerns for children or adults.
All products are third-party tested, and many are certified by NSF. Most are also gluten-free and made without any artificial flavors, sweeteners, or other unnecessary ingredients.
While they may not be a good choice for vegans, vegetarians, or those following a low carb or ketogenic diet, Olly supplements may offer benefits for certain health concerns and can be a tasty and convenient way to round out an otherwise balanced diet.