Dr. Vicente Diaz is an ABMS board certified ophthalmologist at Yale Medicine and Yale Health who specializes in ocular inflammatory and infectious diseases. He is also the chief of ophthalmology at the Yale Health Plan and director of ophthalmology for the Bridgeport Hospital Burn Unit, where he oversees the care of all patients with Stevens-Johnsons syndrome, a rare and potentially lethal disease.
- Yale School of Medicine, MD
- Yale School of Management, MBA
- Brown University, BA
- American Board of Ophthalmology – Ophthalmology
- Completed ophthalmology residency at Yale University
- Founded the La Unidad Latina Medical Guild and was the architect of its annual medical mission to the Dominican Republic, Guatemala, and Honduras, where he performs surgery, teaches residents, and cares for patients in need
- Completed a fellowship in ocular immunology and infectious disease at The New York Eye & Ear Infirmary