We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
Healthline only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
- Best overall cooling sheets: Slumber Cloud Essential Sheet Set, Comfort Spaces Coolmax Moisture Wicking Bed Cooling Sheets
- Best linen cooling sheets: DAPU Pure Linen Sheets Set
- Best eucalyptus cooling sheets: Olive + Crate Tencel Sheets Set
- Best bamboo cooling sheets: BAMPURE 100% Organic Bamboo Sheets
- Best moisture-wicking sheets: The Original PeachSkinSheets
- Best cooling percale sheets: Peru Pima Bed Sheet Set
- Best cooling sateen sheets: California Design Den Sheet Set
- Best cooling cotton sheets: CGK Unlimited 100% Cotton Sheets
- Best ultra-soft cooling sheets: Pottery Barn SleepSmart Temperature Regulating Sheet Set, Mellanni Bed Sheet Set
- Best value: Target Smart Cool Microfiber Sheet Set
If you tend to sleep hot, you have probably had some pretty uncomfortable, sweaty nights in the past, especially during the warmer seasons. Whether you have night sweats or just run hot naturally, you may find it harder to fall and stay asleep if your body can’t cool down.
Keeping yourself at the right temperature while you sleep is important, as your core body temperature plays an integral role in your sleep quality.
In addition, a consistent lack of sleep may even make you irritable and can reduce cognitive functioning. Not getting enough sleep can also adversely affect the immune system, potentially making you more susceptible to conditions like diabetes and heart disease.
So, if your nights are heating up or you’re waking up too warm, it may be a good time to research the best sheets for hot sleepers. That’s why we pulled together our list of top picks to help narrow your search. Here, we also share some extra shopping tips to consider before adding some cooling relief to your sleeping routine.
The sheet sets on this list are made from toxin-free fabrics that generate and support cooler body temperature.
We looked at unsolicited, online consumer reviews from multiple sales sites, and only chose sheet sets with significantly more excellent reviews than negative ones.
We also took each manufacturer’s reputation and policies into account, opting for transparent sellers that provide guarantees, warranties, or consumer-friendly return policies.
Healthline was not paid or influenced to promote any of the products on this list.
While not as expensive as a cooling mattress, the price of cooling sheets can still be significantly high, especially if they are made with high quality materials. With that in mind, we made a conscious effort to offer sheet sets across multiple budgets, from inexpensive to splurge-worthy.
The prices here are for queen-size sheet sets. Our price range is listed as:
- $ = under $75
- $$ = $75–$150
- $$$ = over $150
Best overall cooling sheets
- Price: $$$
- Materials: cotton and viscose
The Slumber Cloud Essential Sheet Set is made from a cotton and viscose blend. The viscose fibers have NASA-engineered Outlast Technology.
According to the company, the Outlast temperature regulation works by allowing the sheets to absorb and store heat, which is later released as you cool down. This purports to keep you feeling “just right.” (We couldn’t independently vet or confirm exactly how, or how well, this works.)
Slumber Cloud has a 60-day trial and free shipping. Returns can be in any condition, according to the company website, and will receive free return shipping.
The set is available in all regular sizes, as well as twin XL, California king, and split king. These sheets aren’t deep-pocket and will only accommodate mattresses up to 15 inches (in) deep. Additionally, the twin and twin XL sheet sets only come with one pillowcase — something that’s common but could be irksome.
- These sheets are made from cotton with Outlast Technology that’s designed to keep you cool.
- The manufacturer offers a 60-day warranty.
- They’re available in several colors.
- Twin and twin XL sheet sets only come with one pillowcase.
- The sheets aren’t great for mattresses more than 15 in deep.
- Price: $
- Materials: polyester and microfiber
One of the best features of these sheets is their budget-friendly price. At less than $50 a set for queen and king sizes, it’s tough to go wrong.
The sheets are made from moisture-wicking polyester microfiber, and many users say they produce a significant cooling effect and reduce hot sleeping and night sweats. The fabric is hypoallergenic and fade-resistant.
The sheets, which are available in all regular sizes, twin XL, and California king, come with a 30-day return policy, and free shipping.
Some say the elastic band that holds the sheet onto the mattress isn’t strong enough to keep it firmly in place without popping off. What’s more, the sheets are only 16 in deep, so they might not be the best option for particularly tall mattresses.
- These sheets are available in several colors and a gray and white pattern.
- The manufacturer offers a 30-day return policy.
- Reviewers praise the sheets for helping them sleep cool.
- Some have issues with the elastic band that secures the fitted sheet.
- At 16 in deep, the sheets will fit most but not all mattresses.
Best linen cooling sheets
- Price: $$
- Materials: French linen
This set is made from 100% linen flax that’s harvested in an eco-friendly manner. The fabric is stone-washed for softness and to create a glossy finish. As with many linen fabrics, users say these sheets become softer with time.
According to the company, linen can absorb as much as 20% of its weight in moisture before it starts to feel damp. So, if you’re prone to night sweats, these sheets could feel dry for some time, keeping you more comfortable.
This set also boasts the OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certification — meaning that the entire sheet set, from fabric to elastic, and any other components, is free of toxins and harmful substances.
Linen is often not as soft as high quality cotton percale or sateen. If you’re looking for a very soft feel instead of a textured, crisp one, you may not enjoy these sheets. In addition, while these sheets are made from French fabric, some customers are surprised to learn that they’re manufactured in China.
The other major downside is the limited sizes. This set is only available in twin, full, queen, and king sizes.
- These sheets are made from linen, which is highly absorbent and softens over time.
- The manufacturer offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Users praise this manufacturer for excellent customer service.
- Initially, the sheets might not feel as soft as cotton or percale sets.
- The sheets are only available in regular sizes.
Best eucalyptus cooling sheets
- Price: $$$
- Materials: lyocell fibers derived from eucalyptus wood
The Olive + Crate Tencel Sheets Set are all-natural, made from lyocell fibers derived solely from sustainable eucalyptus wood sources in Europe. According to the brand, the sheets are made with “closed loop” production, meaning water and resources used are reused to make the process more eco-friendly.
Users say the fabric is breathable, and praise the sheets for remaining cool to the touch all night. The company claims that these sheets are great at wicking, too, meaning sweat will be drawn away from your skin throughout the night, helping you stay comfortable.
The set is soft to the touch, and hypoallergenic, according to the company, which could make it a solid eco-friendly alternative to polyester sheets.
The set isn’t available in as many sizes as most options on our list: It’s only available in queen, king, and California king sizes.
Several reviewers note that these sheets tend to tear at the seams. However, users also say that the manufacturer is quick to replace ripped or frayed sheets at any time after purchase. The sheets may also be more prone to pilling, based on reviews.
- The sheets will wick away moisture.
- The fabric is hypoallergenic.
- Users say the fabric is breathable and remains cool throughout the night.
- Some people note that this set tends to tear at the seams.
- A number of reviewers say the sheets tend to pill.
Best bamboo cooling sheets
- Price: $$
- Materials: bamboo
BAMPURE 100% Organic Bamboo Sheets use bamboo viscose that’s grown in a chemical-free environment, according to the company. They also say the sheets are wrinkle-free and odor-resistant.
The sheets hold the OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certification, so you can rest assured the entire set — from fabric to elastic down to the thread used for stitching — is completely free of toxins and harmful substances.
Users like that these sheets are more breathable than most cotton or polyester options, and that they provide soft, cooling comfort all night. However, some mention that these sheets stretch out and lose their shape over time. Also, they may stain easily.
- The sheets are made with chemical-free bamboo viscose.
- The sheets are OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certified.
- According to the company, the sheets are wrinkle-free and odor-resistant.
- The sheets tend to stretch out and lose their shape over time.
- The fabric may stain easily.
Best moisture-wicking sheets
- Price: $$
- Materials: polyester microfiber
The Original PeachSkinSheets are made from breathable moisture-wicking poly microfiber, an athletic performance fabric. Users say the sheets do a great job at reducing and in some cases eliminating night sweats.
The set is available in a massive range of colors, from light pink to camel to navy. It also comes in classic colors: black, white, and gray. At 18 in, the fitted sheet’s pockets are deep enough to accommodate most pillow top mattresses. The set is available in all regular sizes, as well as twin XL, full XL, split king, split head king, and California king
The sheets are sold on Amazon, but they’re from a small business — so you can feel good about supporting them. Plus, the company offers a 1-year warranty against defects in the “fabric, finish, or workmanship.” It’s unclear how Amazon customers access the warranty.
Some users mention that the elastic on the fitted sheet gives out or snaps within a few months.
- Users say these sheets had a positive effect on night sweats — reducing or eliminating them entirely.
- The set is available in a variety of sizes, including less common full XL and split head king.
- These sheets are from a small business.
- Some complain the elastic on the fitted sheet snapped within a few months.
- The sheets aren’t great if you don’t like synthetic fabrics.
Best cooling percale sheets
- Price: $$
- Materials: cotton
This set is made from cotton percale — a lightweight, breathable, fabric that has a non-slippery, crisp feel that’s cooling to the skin. Percale is a durable, natural fabric, which could make it a great choice if you don’t like synthetic sheets.
The sheets are OEKO-TEX certified, so you know you’re purchasing something that’s free of toxins and harmful substances. In addition, the set comes with a 30-day warranty in case something crops up. It’s not as long as other companies’ warranties, but it’s better than being on your own if something arises!
The sheets are available in all regular sizes and twin XL.
The main consideration for any cotton percale sheets is that they tend to wrinkle. So, if you’re not a fan of crumpled-looking sheets, but also like to avoid the ironing board, these might not be the best choice for you. In addition, they’re not deep-pocket and won’t fit easily over a pillow top or deep mattress.
- The sheets are made from percale, which is known for its crisp feel.
- The set is OEKO-TEX certified.
- The sheets have a 30-day warranty.
- The sheets don’t have deep pockets, so they won’t work with particularly deep or pillow top mattresses.
- Percale is prone to wrinkling, which may be bothersome.
Best cooling sateen sheets
- Price: $
- Materials: cotton
The California Design Den Sheet Set is 400-thread count made with all-natural cotton, that has a sleek, sateen finish and soft feel. User reviews consistently mention how cooling and comfortable these sheets are.
The set is available in a massive selection of 31 different colors, so there’s something for every bedroom and aesthetic. Plus, you can purchase the set in any regular size, as well as twin XL, split king, and California king.
The biggest complaint? Some users find the pillowcases are skimpy in size and don’t fit over large pillows easily, which could be bothersome.
- The sheets are made from cotton with a sateen finish and soft feel.
- The set is available in 30 different colors and regular sizes, as well as three less common ones.
- Reviewers say the sheets are cooling and comfortable.
- The company uses pima cotton for these sheets, which has a longer staple.
- The sheets are 16 in deep, so they’ll work with most, but not all, mattresses.
- The pillowcases may not fit over large pillows easily.
Best cooling cotton sheets
- Price: $$
- Materials: cotton
CGK’s sheets are made of 100% long-staple cotton fibers (unlike short fibers, long fibers produce a softer, more durable fabric). Reviewers say this set is breathable and cooling.
The fitted sheet has a durable elastic band that won’t ride up, even if you’re a restless sleeper. What’s more, the sheets work on mattresses up to 16 in tall. The set is available in all regular sizes, in addition to twin XL, split king, and California king.
Like all cotton sheets, these may be noticeably wrinkly after washing. Some users also mention that they fade after laundering.
- The sheets are made from long-staple cotton.
- The fabric is breathable.
- The elastic band won’t budge, even if you’re a restless sleeper.
- Some reviewers note that these sheets fade after washing.
- Cotton sheets are prone to wrinkling.
Best ultra-soft cooling sheets
- Price: $$$
- Materials: cotton and polyester
This sheet set uses a blend of 80% cotton and 20% performance yarn. According to Pottery Barn, the unique fabric can help keep you at the right temperature all night so that you wake up feeling refreshed.
Users rave about how soft they feel next to the skin, and some say the sheets soften even more with washing.
The set comes in regular sizes as well as California king. Pottery Barn says the twin size also works for twin XL mattresses. Beyond a good sleep experience, these sheets are Fair Trade certified and produced with ethical, safe labor practices per Pottery Barn.
Users mention that these sheets stain easily. The set is only available in one color: white.
- These sheets are soft, and reviewers say they got softer after washing.
- The fabric is designed to keep you at the right temperature all night.
- The sheets are Fair Trade certified.
- The sheets tend to stain easily.
- They only come in white.
- Price: $
- Materials: microfiber
The Mellanni sheets are made from 100% polyester brushed microfiber, which is soft to the touch. In addition, the company claims the fabric is hypoallergenic and great for year-round use.
The set, which is available in more than 40 colors and patterns, comes with a lifetime manufacturer’s guarantee and a refund policy.
These sheets are available in all regular sizes, as well as twin XL, short queen, California king, and split king. You can also purchase an extra deep pocket version if your mattress is too tall for the regular set. At 21 in, the extra deep pocket option is generous and will work with even the deepest mattresses.
- The sheets are soft to the touch and hypoallergenic.
- The set comes in more than 40 colors and patterns.
- There’s an extra deep pocket version for particularly tall mattresses.
- The sheets aren’t great for folks who prefer natural fabrics, as they’re made of polyester.
- Price: $
- Materials: polyester and microfiber
These polyester and microfiber sheets from Target provide significant cooling and moisture-wicking at a reasonable price. At less than $50 for even the biggest sizes, these are a great choice for folks on a budget.
The fabric is soft, according to user reviews, and it’s hypoallergenic. The sheets have pockets that accommodate mattresses up to 17 in deep. They come in regular sizes, though the selection of special sizes is more limited than with only California king available.
The sheets, like some of the others on our list, are OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certified.
The only downside of these sheets is that the deep pocket design may make them too loose on some mattresses.
- The sheets are soft, according to reviewers, and hypoallergenic.
- The set comes in four muted colors.
- The sheets can accommodate deep and pillow top mattresses.
- The deep pocket design could make these sheets not snug enough on thinner mattresses.
One way to sleep cool is to choose the right sheets. Certain materials in bed sheets can either provide cooling relief or retain heat, which is why choosing the right materials is important.
Cooling sheets are made from fabrics designed to be breathable and reduce body heat, and some can help dissipate or wick away moisture if you tend to sweat. Sheets made with materials like cotton, bamboo, eucalyptus, and microfibers can typically help you stay cool at night.
Avoid sheets made of flannel or acrylic materials, as they can retain and generate heat. These materials can’t absorb or disperse moisture, which can leave you feeling sweaty and hot.
Whatever your budget, you want your sheets to cool you down, feel great, and last without ripping. Some things to consider prior to purchase include:
Ease of use
If you love cotton and linen but hate wrinkles, keep in mind that most natural fabrics require ironing.
The vast majority of sheets sold today can be machine-washed and dried. However, make sure to note the temperature settings recommended by the manufacturer. Some sheets may fade or shrink when washed or dried hot.
Consider the fabric used. Polyester microfiber is moisture-wicking and hypoallergenic, but it tends to pill.
Cotton and linen are natural, breathable fabrics but can run too thin. Double-check the opaqueness and sturdiness of cotton and linen sheets before you buy.
Questions to ask when shopping for sheets
- Will these sheets be comfortable for two people, if one or both are hot or restless sleepers?
- How secure is the elastic band on the fitted sheet?
- How exactly do these sheets generate cooler temperatures?
- Are they hypoallergenic?
- Will they fade, pill, or rip?
- What’s the manufacturer’s warranty?
- Are there shipping costs associated with the original purchase, or for returns?
- Where are these sheets made, and where do their materials come from?
- Do they come from a well-known and trusted manufacturer that has a solid track record of positive customer reviews?
To truly sleep cool, you need to pay attention to your sleeping environment, and lifestyle habits.
To make your bed as cool as possible, think about buying a cooling pillow, and, if budget allows, a cooling mattress, as well as cooling sheets.
Keep your room as cool as possible with air conditioning, a ceiling fan, or by opening windows when the air temperature outside is low.
Large cool-mist humidifiers can add cool moisture to the room.
Certain lifestyle habits can raise body temperature. They include:
- eating hot, spicy food
- drinking alcoholic beverages
- smoking cigarettes or vaping
How often should I replace my bed sheets?
There’s no hard and fast rule on when to replace bed sheets. General knowledge says sheets should be replaced after 2 or 3 years of use. However, if your sheets start losing elasticity, pilling excessively or in a way that bothers you, or generally looking worse for wear, it might be a good time to replace them.
Are there any materials hot sleepers should avoid when selecting bed sheets?
Hot sleepers should avoid materials that are designed for warmth. Fleece and flannel, for example, are intended to keep you warm and are made specifically for winter months and cooler climates.
What are the best sheets for night sweats?
The best sheets for night sweats will provide wicking and dry quickly. If you have night sweats, you’ll want to avoid things that trap and retain moisture, as they will absorb sweat and hold onto it. If the sheets don’t dry, they could exacerbate your temperature swings by making you feel colder once you’ve cooled off.
However, at the end of the day, the best bed sheets for hot sleepers will depend on your preferences regarding things like fabric.
If you tend to sleep hot or have night sweats, you may benefit from using cooling sheets.
Cooling sheets can absorb and disperse body heat. Some also wick moisture away from the body, reducing the clammy feeling caused by hot sleeping.