We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
Sleeping hot can make for uncomfortable, sweaty nights. Whether you have night sweats or run hot naturally, you may find it harder to fall and stay asleep if your body can’t cool down. This is extremely important, because core body temperature plays an integral role in sleep quality.
A consistent lack of sleep may make you irritable and reduce cognitive functioning. Not getting enough sleep adversely affects the immune system, and may make you more susceptible to conditions like diabetes and heart disease.
One way to ensure that you sleep cooler is by choosing the right sheets. Some sheets, such as those made from flannel or acrylic, can generate additional heat. Others don’t absorb or disperse moisture, leaving you feeling sweaty and hot.
Cooling sheets eliminate these issues, because they are made from fabrics designed to reduce body heat, or dissipate moisture.
The sheet sets on this list are made from toxin-free fabrics that generate and support cooler body temperature.
We looked at unsolicited, online consumer reviews from multiple sales sites, and only chose sheet sets with significantly more excellent reviews than negative ones.
We also took each manufacturer’s reputation and policies into account, opting for transparent sellers that provide guarantees, warranties, or consumer-friendly return policies.
Healthline was not paid or influenced to promote any of the products on this list.
While not as expensive as cooling mattresses, the price of cooling sheets can still be a significant amount. With that in mind, we made a conscious effort to offer sheet sets across multiple budgets, from inexpensive to splurge-worthy. The prices here are for queen-sized sheet sets. Our price range is listed as:
- $ = under $75
- $$ = $75–$150
- $$$ = over $150
Slumber Cloud Stratus Sheet Set
- made from 300-thread count cotton, and NASA-engineered, Outlast viscose (Outlast temperature-regulating fibers help these sheets absorb, store, and release heat, which may stop you from sweating)
- manufacturer offers a 60-day trial and free shipping
Considerations: These sheets are not deep pocket, and will only accommodate mattresses up to 15 inches deep. Additionally, the twin and twin XL sheet sets only come with one pillowcase instead of two.
Comfort Spaces Coolmax Moisture Wicking Bed Cooling Sheets
- made from moisture-wicking polyester microfiber (many users say they produce a significant cooling effect and reduce hot sleeping and night sweats)
- soft, hypoallergenic, and fade-resistant
- manufacturer offers 100-percent guarantee, 30-day return policy, and free shipping
Considerations: Some say the elastic band that holds the sheet onto the mattress is not strong enough to keep it firmly in place without popping off.
DAPU Pure Linen Sheets Set
- made from 100-percent linen flax harvested in an eco-friendly manner
- stone-washed for softness and to create a glossy finish (many users say they become softer over time)
- significant moisture-wicking capabilities and can absorb 20 percent of their weight in moisture before they become damp
- OEKO-TEX standard 100 certification (assurance that the entire sheet set, including fabric, elastic, and any other parts, are completely free of toxins and harmful substances)
- manufacturer offers a 30-day money-back guarantee
- users often tout this manufacturer for excellent customer service
Considerations: Linen is not as soft as high-quality cotton percale or sateen. If you are looking for a very soft feel instead of a textured, crisp one, you may not enjoy these sheets. Since they’re made from French fabric, some users are surprised to learn that these sheets are manufactured in China, instead of France.
Olive + Crate Tencel Sheets Set
- all-natural, made from fibers derived solely from sustainable wood sources
- users say they are highly breathable, remain cool to the touch all night, and have superior wicking ability
- very soft to the touch
- hypoallergenic, making them an excellent natural alternative to polyester sheets
Considerations: Several users have noted that these sheets tend to tear at the seams. However, users also say that the manufacturer is very quick to replace ripped or frayed sheets at any time after purchase.
BAMPURE 100% Organic Bamboo Sheets
- unlike many bamboo-derived viscose sheets, these are made via a chemical-free process
- OEKO-TEX standard 100 certification (assurance that the entire sheet set, including fabric, elastic, and any other parts are completely free of toxins and harmful substances)
- users say they are more breathable than most cotton or polyester sheets, and provide soft, cooling comfort all night
Considerations: Some users have mentioned that these sheets stretch out and lose their shape over time. Also, they may stain easily.
Cosy House Collection Luxury Bamboo Bed Sheet Set
- 60-percent bamboo-derived rayon and 40-percent moisture-wicking microfiber
- antimicrobial and hypoallergenic, making them an excellent choice for people with allergies to dust, dust mites, or pollen
- stain-resistant and wrinkle-resistant
Considerations: These sheets need to be washed cold and dried on low heat to avoid shrinking.
The Original Peach Skin Sheets
- made from breathable moisture-wicking poly microfiber, an athletic performance fabric
- users say they significantly reduce or eliminate night sweats and hot sleeping
- each sheet set, from twin to California king, costs the same
- available in 24 colors and patterns
- have pockets that are deep enough to accommodate most pillow top mattresses
Considerations: Some users have mentioned that the elastic on the fitted sheet gives out or snaps within a few months.
Peru Pima Bed Sheet Set
- cotton percale is lightweight, breathable, and has a non-slippery, crisp feel that is cooling to the skin
- 415-thread count and made from 100-percent, high-quality Peruvian pima cotton
- durable and all-natural, and OEKO-TEX certified (completely free of toxins and harmful substances)
- come with a 30-day warranty
Considerations: Like all cotton percale sheets, these tend to wrinkle. Also, they’re not deep pocket and won’t fit easily over a pillow top or deep mattress.
California Design Den Sheet Set
- 400-thread count, all-natural cotton, with a sleek, sateen finish and soft feel
- users consistently mention how cooling and comfortable these sheets are
- users also appreciate the all-natural, chemical-free fabric
- come in 30 colors and patterns
Considerations: Some users find the pillowcases are skimpy in size and don’t fit over large pillows easily.
CGK Unlimited 100% Cotton Sheets
- made from 100-percent long staple cotton fibers (unlike short fibers, long fibers produce a softer, durable fabric that is breathable and cooling)
- fitted sheet has a durable elastic band that won’t ride up, even if you’re a restless sleeper
Considerations: Like all cotton sheets, these may wrinkle significantly. Also, some users have mentioned that they fade in the wash.
Pottery Barn SleepSmart Temperature Regulating Sheet Set
- combine cotton with performance fibers to help maintain a cool temperature
- users rave about how soft they feel next to the skin and some say the sheets soften with washing
- Fair Trade Certified and produced with ethical, safe labor practices
Considerations: Users have mentioned that these sheets stain easily.
Mellanni Bed Sheet Set
- 100-percent polyester brushed microfiber (very soft next to the skin)
- moisture-wicking and hypoallergenic
- come with a lifetime manufacturer’s guarantee and 100-percent refund policy
- come in 43 colors and patterns
Considerations: If you need extra deep pockets on your fitted sheet, you will have to buy a more expensive version of this product. Also, some users prefer natural fibers to manufactured polyester.
Target Smart Cool Microfiber Sheet Set
- polyester, microfiber sheets provide significant cooling and moisture wicking at a budget price
- very soft and have deep pockets
Considerations: Because they are designed to have deep pockets, these sheets may fit too loosely on some mattresses.
SHEEX Luxury Copper Sheet Set
- polyester, copper, and spandex sheets are breathable, moisture-wicking, and odor absorbent
- designed to promote ventilation and significant heat release
- release copper ions that decrease oxidants in the body, per the manufacturer (we can’t substantiate that claim, but users find them very cooling, soft, and luxurious to the touch)
Considerations: Some people don’t like the stretchy feel of spandex. Others have mentioned that spot cleaners may stain these sheets.
Whatever your budget, you want your sheets to cool you down, feel great, and last without ripping over time. Some things to consider prior to purchase include:
Ease of use
If you love cotton and linen but hate wrinkles, keep in mind that most natural fabrics require ironing.
The vast majority of sheets sold today can be machine-washed and dried. However, make sure to note the temperature settings recommended by the manufacturer. Some sheets may fade or shrink when washed or dried hot.
The fabric used should be a strong consideration. Polyester microfiber is moisture-wicking and hypoallergenic, but has a tendency to pill.
Cotton and linen are natural, breathable fabrics but can run too thin. Double-check the opaqueness and sturdiness of cotton and linen sheets before you buy.
Questions to ask when sheets shopping
- Will these sheets be comfortable for two people, if one or both are hot or restless sleepers?
- How secure is the elastic band on the fitted sheet?
- How exactly do these sheets generate cooler temperatures?
- Are they hypoallergenic?
- Will they fade, pill, or rip?
- What is the manufacturer’s warranty?
- Are there shipping costs associated with the original purchase, or for returns?
- Where are these sheets made, and where do their materials come from?
- Do they come from a well-known and trusted manufacturer who has a solid track record of positive customer reviews?
To truly sleep cool, you need to pay attention to your sleeping environment, and lifestyle habits.
To make your bed as cool as possible, think about buying a cooling pillow, and, if budget allows, a cooling mattress, as well as cooling sheets.
Keep your room as cool as possible with air conditioning, a ceiling fan, or by opening windows when the air temperature outside is low.
Large cool-mist humidifiers can add cool moisture to the room.
Certain lifestyle habits can raise body temperature. They include:
- eating hot, spicy food
- drinking alcoholic beverages
- smoking cigarettes or vaping
If you have a tendency to sleep hot or have night sweats, you may benefit from using cooling sheets.
Cooling sheets can absorb and disperse body heat. Some also wick moisture away from the body, reducing the clammy feeling caused by hot sleeping.