The Healthline & Feeding America
Our 2020 Stronger Scholarship is now open to applicants!
The Stronger Scholarship is looking for students making an impact in the area of food insecurity, hunger, and nutrition. The deadline for this scholarship is April 30th, 2020.
1 in 9 households in the United States will have had difficulty securing enough food for all of its members this year. Are you hungry to help?
Food insecurity is a pervasive struggle, yet the shame and stigma associated with it leads many families to suffer behind closed doors.
At Healthline, we believe that access to nutritious, nourishing food should be guaranteed to everyone — and that’s exactly why we’re passionate about ending national hunger.
This year, Healthline is dedicating its annual scholarship funds to four outstanding students working to change the face — and future — of food insecurity.
With a reach of over 187 million visitors per month, Healthline’s mission is to help build a stronger, healthier world by providing outstanding digital content, resources, and conversations on the most important health and wellness topics affecting people today.
This year, we’re putting a spotlight on the issue of food insecurity and access to nutritious foods by teaming up with Feeding America, a leading organization in the fight against hunger.
Feeding America is a nationwide network of more than 200 food banks that feed more than 40 million people through food pantries, soup kitchens, shelters, and other community-based agencies.
Together with Feeding America, Healthline is launching our 2020 scholarship program, which aims to assist and empower college students making a positive impact on food insecurity and nutrition.
About the scholarship
This year’s scholarship is dedicated to the advancement of food security and access to nutrition, either through research, raising awareness, community building, or increasing access. The program will award four students with a $5,000 scholarship each. The awarded scholarships will include:
- Two scholarships awarded to undergraduate recipients making an impact on food insecurity
- Two scholarships awarded to graduate recipients making an impact on food insecurity
Meet our 2020 scholars
Healthline’s 2020 Stronger Scholarship sponsored four students making strides in the areas of mental health.
Eligibility and how to apply
Requirements for eligibility include:
- Current student in pursuit of an undergraduate or graduate degree (as of winter 2020)
- Current U.S. resident
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 from most recent college transcript
- Demonstrated involvement in the advancement of nutrition and/or food security and access to nutrition, either through research, raising awareness, or community building. Nutrition can include, but is not limited to: food security, access to nutrition, food justice and equity, agriculture, and eating disorders.
- March 4 - April 30, 2020: Application opens
- June 25, 2020: Winners notified
- August 1, 2020: Funds distributed to University
How to apply:
- Go to https://aim.applyISTS.net/Healthline to create an AIM account using your email address and chosen password.
- Log in to your AIM account to be taken directly to the Welcome page of The Healthline and Feeding America Stronger Scholarship Program application.
- Complete all required fields in the online application, and upload any required documents (such as GED certificate, high school transcript, college transcript, and/or ACT/SAT scores). As part of the application process, you’ll be required to upload answers to three essay questions.
- Click the Submit button on the Save/Submit page of the online application.
NOTE: The status “Complete” will display on your AIM home page when all forms have been submitted and all documents have been verified. Applicants are responsible for monitoring the progress of all application requirements to make sure their application is complete by 11:59 p.m. PST on April 30th. Late submissions will not be considered.
The Healthline and Feeding America Stronger Scholarship Program is administered by International Scholarship and Tuition Services, Inc. (ISTS). For additional information or assistance with the application process, click here or call toll-free (855) 670-ISTS(4787). ISTS' office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Central. Please view answers to our frequently asked questions here.