We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
HUM Nutrition is a subscription vitamin delivery service. It provides customized recommendations based on your unique needs, preferences, and health goals.
The company develops its products based on scientific evidence, and each product goes through rigorous testing to ensure safety and quality.
The service also offers personalized coaching from a registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN) to help you decide which products are right for you.
This article reviews HUM Nutrition, how it works, and who it may be a good fit for.
HUM Nutrition is a personalized vitamin service that provides monthly shipments of supplements to your doorstep.
The company was co-founded by Walter Faulstoh, who was inspired by the role that nutrition played in resolving his struggle with acne.
While HUM Nutrition was originally focused on skin and beauty products, it now offers a full lineup of vitamin and mineral supplements — many of which are designed to target certain concerns or needs, including:
- skin care
In addition to offering supplement delivery to your home, the company aims to customize recommendations for you using the results of a brief online health assessment.
However, you can also pick and choose your own products if you already know what you’re looking for.
Additionally, HUM Nutrition differentiates itself from other personalized vitamin services by assigning each customer an RDN. This person can give you information about the various HUM Nutrition products and general wellness advice.
HUM Nutrition is a subscription vitamin service that offers access to an RDN, personalized product recommendations, and monthly deliveries.
To get started, the first step is taking a 3-minute health quiz on HUM Nutrition’s website.
The quiz asks for basic health information, such as:
- your usual eating style
- how you typically feel
- how you like to unwind
- your health goals
- your waist size
Based on your answers, HUM recommends three products that may be a good fit for your goals and needs. You can choose to keep these products and continue to checkout, or edit your cart by adding or removing products.
Once you’ve made your selection, the service will deliver a 30-day supply of your chosen vitamins. Keep in mind that unless you edit your cart, you’ll automatically be sent the same products each subscription period.
Speaking of subscriptions, you can choose to pay monthly or for 3 months at a time (with a 25% discount). You can also pause or cancel your subscription if needed.
One thing to note is that unlike many other subscription vitamin services, HUM Nutrition’s supplements are delivered in their original bottles, rather than packaged in daily envelopes.
Additionally, samples are available only to existing customers.
HUM health report
After completing the quiz, you’ll be assigned to one of HUM Nutrition’s staff RDNs. This person can guide you and answer questions about the company’s products.
They’ll also email you a comprehensive health report, which contains four main sections:
- “Great choices you already make.” This section reviews healthy lifestyle choices that you’re already making, based on your answers to the health quiz. It reviews positive aspects of your current diet, water intake, exercise, and other lifestyle factors, such as not smoking.
- “Things to watch out for.” This section offers diet and lifestyle advice, also based on your answers to the quiz. It might include information about nutrients your diet may be short in, recommendations for weight loss, or strategies to help you increase your daily exercise.
- “Your areas of concern.” This section reviews the areas of concern that you identified in the quiz and provides a bit of advice for each. Areas of concern that you can select in the quiz include immunity and bone strength, skin, and beauty.
- “HUM solutions for your goals.” This section offers the rationale behind your initial product recommendations and serves as a summary of the full report.
HUM Nutrition provides personalized vitamin recommendations based on the results of a brief online assessment. The service also offers access to an RDN to help you decide which products are right for your health needs.
HUM Nutrition currently offers 35 supplement products, including:
- soft gels
In addition to single-ingredient vitamins and minerals, the company provides daily supplement blends designed to target specific health needs.
Examples of HUM’s daily supplements include:
- Big Chill: contains Rhodiola rosea for stress
- Flatter Me: contains digestive enzymes for digestion
- Red Carpet: contains vitamin E and black currant oil for skin and hair
- Private Party: contains probiotics and cranberry for vaginal and urinary health
- Beauty zzZz: contains vitamin B6 and melatonin for sleep
In addition to daily supplements, HUM offers the following products:
- Raw Beauty Green Superfood Powder. These powders contain antioxidants, digestive enzymes, nutrients, and probiotics. They’re designed to help with energy, skin health, and appetite regulation. Current flavors include Vanilla & Berry and Mint Chocolate Chip Infusion.
- Collagen Pop. These tablets are made for skin health and contain collagen and vitamin C. The tablets dissolve easily in water and have a strawberry-lemon flavor.
- Core Strength. Core Strength is a plant-based, vanilla-flavored protein powder that provides 20 grams of protein per serving. It’s worth noting that it’s the only HUM Nutrition product to contain 15, rather than 30, servings per container.
Hum Nutrition offers 35 products designed to target specific concerns, such as stress, digestion, skin and hair health, and sleep.
Although supplements are not as rigorously overseen by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as medications, HUM Nutrition’s website claims that each product goes beyond Good Manufacturing Standards. These ensure that products meet and exceed the requirements set forth by the FDA.
Additionally, each product is tested by an independent, third-party lab for:
- presence of contaminants
Another benefit is that the company doesn’t use proprietary blends — custom formulations that don’t disclose the exact amount of each ingredient on the supplement label.
By avoiding these formulations, HUM Nutrition can be fully transparent about the exact amounts of each active ingredient in its products.
All of HUM Nutrition’s supplements are gluten-free and most are vegan — with the exception of products that contain collagen or fish oil.
The supplements are also free of artificial colors, flavors, and sweeteners, as well as genetically modified ingredients.
For quality and efficacy, all of HUM Nutrition’s products are developed using an evidence-based approach. This means that the company selects its ingredients and dosages based on the results of high-quality scientific studies.
HUM Nutrition has also conducted its own research on the effectiveness of certain products, the results of which are available on the company’s website.
However, it’s important to take these in-house studies with a grain of salt due to the possibility of bias in the findings.
Additionally, the studies have not been published in peer-reviewed scientific journals and are mostly based on survey results or observations made without a control group. Therefore, the data may not be as strong or reliable as results from a randomized controlled trial.
Regardless, HUM Nutrition is unique in that it uses only ingredients backed by research.
In contrast, many other supplement companies offer products that — while they may have been used traditionally — fall short when it comes to scientific evidence of their effectiveness.
HUM Nutrition also includes RDNs and researchers in nearly every step of the process, from developing products and choosing ingredients to providing customer recommendations.
Still, as with any supplement product, it’s important to note that while some people may find a product to be effective, there’s no guarantee you’ll experience the same results. For example, while the Skin Squad Pre+Probiotic supplement may reduce breakouts in some people, it may not work for all acne cases.
HUM Nutrition uses scientific research to inform its product development and ingredient selection. Still, as with any supplement, effectiveness is not guaranteed and results may vary by individual.
While HUM Nutrition’s formulations and doses are based on scientific evidence, certain supplements may still cause side effects.
If you have known allergies, it’s also important to carefully check each supplement label and ingredient list for potential allergens.
Even if you don’t have existing allergies, it’s best to introduce new supplements one at a time so if you do have a bad reaction to one, it’s easier to pinpoint which product or ingredient caused it.
Pregnant and breastfeeding women, children and adolescents under the age of 18, and people with preexisting medical conditions or who are taking prescription medications should also be particularly careful with new supplements.
This is due to the risk of side effects, complications, or drug interactions.
Finally, make sure to speak with a healthcare professional before adding any new supplement to your routine, especially if you’re in one of the groups mentioned above.
Before starting a new supplement regimen, be sure to talk with your healthcare provider, especially if you’re pregnant or currently taking prescription medications.
HUM Nutrition’s products range in price from $10–$60 per bottle.
Shipping is free within the United States (including Alaska and Hawaii) for orders over $50, with a $5.95 fee if you spend less than $50. There’s also a flat $10.95 shipping cost for international deliveries.
HUM Nutrition does provide various discounts, including:
- 25% off when you select a 3-month subscription plan
- 15% off when you order three or more products
- $10 off your first order
Additionally, the company offers a full refund for unopened products or store credit for opened products, as long as it’s within the first 30 days.
Hum Nutrition products range from $10–$60 each, with a $10 discount for new customers. Shipping is free on orders over $50.
There are several personalized subscription vitamin companies on the market, including:
- Nurish by Nature Made. Nurish is less expensive than HUM Nutrition, offering products ranging in price from $4–$15 per month with free shipping. The vitamins are third-party tested and packaged in daily packs, rather than their original bottles, making it easy to grab your day’s vitamins. However, Nurish doesn’t provide access to an RDN.
- Persona Nutrition. Persona Nutrition provides daily vitamin packs, with over 90 supplements to choose from. The supplements range in price from $3–$55 per month. The company also offers one-on-one consultations with health experts, including RDNs and pharmacists. However, Persona’s products aren’t third-party tested.
- Care/of. Care/of is another company offering daily vitamin packs, along with protein powders and drink mixes. The company’s products range in price from $5–$32. Care/of’s website includes a robust research library and categorizes each active ingredient based on the strength of the research behind it. However, the products aren’t third-party tested, and the service doesn’t offer access to an RDN or other health professional.
- Ritual. Ritual differs from other vitamin services in that the company offers multivitamin subscriptions based on age — including kids, teens, prenatal, postnatal, adults ages 18–49, and adults ages 50 and over. For this reason, there’s no need to complete a health assessment. The company’s third-party tested products cost $30–$40 per month and are packaged in full-size bottles.
Unlike some competitors, HUM Nutrition doesn’t offer daily vitamin packs and may be slightly more expensive, depending on your product selection. However, HUM Nutrition’s products are third-party tested, and it’s the only service that offers every customer guaranteed access to an RDN.
Hum Nutrition is an excellent choice if you want access to an RDN for support and personalized guidance about your vitamin regimen.
Plus, you can trust the quality of the supplements since each product is third-party tested and intentionally designed to help address specific health concerns.
What’s more, reviews for HUM Nutrition are overwhelmingly positive, though some customers find the gummy and powder products to be overly sweet.
However, unlike Persona, Care/of, and Nurish, HUM doesn’t offer convenient daily vitamin packs. The products are also more expensive than other services, like Nurish.
Still, if it fits your budget, HUM Nutrition is a great option for a subscription vitamin service since it provides both quality products and expert advice.
HUM Nutrition stands out from other personalized vitamin services because of its approach to product development and use of high quality ingredients — as well as the access to RDNs.
HUM Nutrition is slightly more expensive than many other subscription vitamin services and doesn’t offer daily vitamin packs.
However, because each product is formulated using quality, research-backed ingredients, the service is worth the cost.
Plus, unlike other companies, HUM Nutrition provides personalized recommendations and support from RDNs.
Still, it’s best to start slowly, with one product at a time, to more easily monitor for allergies or intolerances. Additionally, make sure to talk with a healthcare professional before starting a new supplement regimen.