We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
- Best overall: Lululemon Wunder Under High Rise Yoga Pants
- Best custom fit: Core 10 Build Your Own Yoga Pants
- Best high rise: Lululemon Align High Rise 25-Inch Yoga Pants
- Cheaper high rise alternative: Colorfulkoala Full Length High Waisted Yoga Pants
- Best bootcut: Old Navy High Waisted Slim Bootcut Yoga Pants
- Looser fitting bootcut alternative: Hard Tail Contour Rolldown Wide Leg Yoga Pants
- Most affordable: 90 Degree by Reflex Yoga Pants
- Best shorts: Custer’s Night High Waist Out Pocket Yoga Pants
- Best extra large: Just My Size Women’s Plus Size Capri
- Best stylish: Betabrand Women’s Dress Pants Yoga Pants
Yoga pants are generally made of thick, stretchy, opaque material. Due to their comfort and versatility, they’ve surged in popularity in recent years — and they’re no longer limited to athletic activity. Many people wear them even if they never intend to set foot in a yoga studio.
Whether you’re someone who wakes up excited to roll out your exercise mat or just looking for a comfy pair of pants to run errands in, options abound.
Healthline evaluated yoga pants based on the following criteria:
- Fit. While there’s no one perfect yoga pant for every body type, we’ve tried to showcase the best in a variety of styles and noted when diverse body types found a style comfortable.
- Materials. How well does the fabric hold up? Is it soft? Will it keep your skin dry?
- Price. Yoga pants range widely in affordability. The options below hit a number of price points so that you can find a pair that best suits your budget.
- Customer reviews. No one knows a pair of yoga pants better than the people wearing them every day. All the pants in our list have high customer reviews.
Here are the 10 best yoga pants of 2021.
These pants feature high rise coverage — meaning that they stop at or above your belly button — and Full-On Luxtreme fabric, which is designed to wick sweat and provide a four-way stretch.
There’s a waistband pocket for storing keys, money, or other small necessities like a gym card. These pants also come in a wide range of colors.
Despite their high price tag, these pants are one of Lululemon’s bestsellers and receive rave customer reviews.
|Fabric||Full-On Luxtreme: 69% nylon, 31% Lycra elastane|
Best custom fit
If you’re having trouble finding the right fit, custom yoga pants may be the way to go.
These Core 10 pants allow you to choose the size (XS–XXXL), waistband type, and inseam length that’s right for your body.
|Fabric||88% polyester, 12% spandex|
|Waistband||the style of your choice|
|Inseam||the size of your choice|
Best high rise
Originally designed for yoga, these high waisted pants with a soft waistband are breathable and comfortable enough for other types of workouts.
The waistband pocket can store cash, cards, or keys depending on your needs.
What’s more, these pants come in over 15 colors.
Despite the high cost, the four-way stretch and sweat-wicking fabric mean that this product can endure a lot before showing signs of wear and tear.
|Fabric||81% nylon, 19% Lycra fiber|
Cheaper high rise alternative
If you’re looking for a cheaper alternative that gets rave reviews and is said to feel similar to the Lululemon Align pants, you may want to consider these pants from Colorfulkoala.
This particular product is full length, but the company also offers a 7/8-length version.
Like the Lululemon pants, these come in a variety of colors and are made with four-way stretch, sweat-wicking fabric, and a hidden waistband pocket — for a fraction of the cost.
|Fabric||80% nylon, 20% spandex|
If you’re looking for a yoga pant with a bit more room at the bottom and a lower price tag, this pant has a tapered fit that flares out from the knee to the ankle.
You may want to keep in mind that this Old Navy product runs long.
|Fabric||cotton and polyester blend, with some spandex to allow for stretch|
Looser fitting bootcut alternative
The Old Navy Product above isn’t super loose at the bottom, which many customers say they appreciate.
However, if you want a looser feel all the way down the leg, you may want to try these pants from Hard Tail.
|Fabric||90% cotton, 10% Lycra|
These pants have a high waistband and a 7/8-length option.
Furthermore, this product offers the all-important features of flat seams and a built-in gusset to maximize free movement.
Best of all, they’re some of the most affordable yoga pants around.
|Fabric||87% nylon, 13% spandex|
If you’re planning on trying hot yoga — an intense yoga variation that will get you sweating — you may not want a full length yoga pant.
Notably, yoga shorts are becoming more popular.
This type is made with moisture-wicking material and long enough to make sure you’re still comfortable exercising and running errands in them.
Plus, their pockets allow you to keep keys and cash handy.
However, the shape isn’t necessarily a great fit for all body types.
|Fabric||83% polyester, 17% spandex|
Best extra large
Customers who bought Just My Size Women’s Plus Size Capri have commented time and again how well these pants stayed in place regardless of their height or body size.
The fabric accommodates a wide range of thigh sizes.
Plus, this product comes in a variety of colors.
|Fabric||88% polyester, 12% spandex|
Not all yoga pants are versatile enough to wear both to work and your lunchtime yoga class.
Yet, these Betabrand pants are designed to be professional enough to pair with a blazer but stretchy enough to be active in.
This item includes belt loops, a false zipper, and a button in front for a more professional appearance while still being machine washable.
|Fabric||68% rayon, 27% nylon, 5% spandex|
If you’re in the market for some yoga pants, you’ll want to consider the following factors:
- Purpose. Do you plan to work out in your yoga pants, or do you just want something comfy to wear when you’re running errands?
- Style and type. Think about the fits, fabrics, and colors that appeal to you. Are there any special features that appeal to you?
- Customer reviews. Especially if you’re planning to order pants online, read customer reviews to gain insight about the fabric and fit. Most customers tend to be upfront about whether they feel their purchase was worth the cost.
If you’re looking for a pair of yoga pants that fit well, hold up for a long time, and stay within your budget, you’ve come to the right place.
Since so many options are on the market, there really is a perfect pair for everyone — from high waist to looser fitting to stylish and professional yoga pants.
The list above can help you get started.