We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission Here’s our process.
Healthline only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
- Best overall: Nike Pro Tights
- Best high end: Lululemon Align Full Length Yoga Pants
- Best affordable: Dragon Fit Compression Yoga Pants
- Best for yoga: Alo Yoga Woman’s High Waist Moto Legging
- Best for running: Under Armour Fly Fast Crop Leggings
- Best for strength training: CW-X Women’s Stabilyx Joint Support Compression Tights
- Most comfortable: Adidas Believe This Training Pants
- Best high rise: CompressionZ High Waisted Women’s Leggings
- Most stylish: CRZ YOGA Women’s Naked Feeling High Waisted Yoga Pants
- Best with pockets: Beyond Yoga Spacedye Out of Pocket High Waisted Midi Leggings
- Best with extended sizes: ODODOS High Waisted Workout Leggings
Like other compression garments, such as shorts, socks, and sleeves, compression leggings are a type of sportswear used to increase blood flow during exercise.
In fact, some research suggests that compression leggings may help increase endurance, enhance performance, and speed recovery after exercise (
However, with so many options available, finding a pair of comfortable, high quality compression leggings can be challenging.
The products included in this article were selected based on the following criteria:
- Quality. We looked for leggings made from high quality materials that are lightweight, breathable, and sweat-wicking.
- Style. Prefer a certain color or fit? The options below are available in a range of styles, colors, and patterns.
- Price. We know budget is an important consideration, so we included compression leggings at a variety of price points.
- Customer reviews. All of the compression leggings on this list have great customer reviews, so you can feel confident with your purchase.
Here are 11 of the best compression leggings for women.
A note on price
General price ranges with dollar signs ($ to $$$) are indicated below. One dollar sign means the product is rather affordable, whereas three dollar signs indicate a higher cost.
Generally, prices range from $23–$118, though this may vary depending on where you shop.
- $ = under $50
- $$ = $50–$100
- $$$ = above $100
Nike Pro Tights
These leggings from Nike strike the perfect balance between comfort and compression, making them a great option for high intensity workouts.
They feature mesh panels for extra breathability, plus a sweat-wicking fabric and form-fitting shape.
They also feature an extra-wide elastic waistband for added support.
Best high end
Lululemon Align Full Length Yoga Pants
Lululemon is a popular brand for compression leggings — and for good reason.
These leggings are made with high quality materials that have plenty of stretch and are lightweight, soft, and breathable.
As an added bonus, the waistband sports hidden pockets, which you can use to store your essentials while working out.
Dragon Fit Compression Yoga Pants
Dragon Fit’s compression leggings are not only budget-friendly but also incredibly sleek, stylish, and comfortable.
Thanks to their moisture-wicking, four-way stretch fabric, these pants are ideal for exercising as they stretch both lengthwise and widthwise.
Plus, with a variety of colors, lengths, and patterns to choose from, it’s easy to find a pair that works for you.
Best for yoga
Alo Yoga Woman’s High Waist Moto Legging
Available in 10 colors, these high waisted leggings from Alo Yoga are designed to minimize friction and keep your movements smooth.
Made from a combination of nylon and spandex, each pair has plenty of extra stretch so you can move comfortably through your yoga routine.
This product also features moisture-wicking and odor-resistant fabric, which may be particularly helpful for sweaty hot yoga sessions.
Best for running
Under Armour Fly Fast Crop Leggings
With anti-odor technology, lightweight fabric, and breathable mesh panels, Under Armour’s Fly Fast Crop Leggings are a great option for runners.
Customers specifically appreciate the zip-up storage pocket, which is the perfect size to keep your phone or keys on hand.
Additionally, these compression leggings offer a reflective design and are available in several bright colors for added safety when you’re running at night.
Best for strength training
CW-X Women’s Stabilyx Joint Support Compression Tights
Made with CW-X’s patented EXO-WEB technology, these compression leggings are specifically designed to provide targeted support for your joints, core, and lower back.
They’re also made with moisture-wicking materials to help keep sweat off your skin.
What’s more, these pants include a double-reinforced waistband, an inner pocket for your keys, and reflective details to promote visibility in poorly lit areas.
Adidas Believe This Training Pants
Adidas’s compression leggings are made with moisture-wicking fabric that absorbs water quickly to keep you cool, dry, and comfortable during your workout.
Each pair is high waisted and fitted to hold its shape, so it will stay in place even during intense training sessions.
These leggings are available in 15 colors.
Best high rise
CompressionZ High Waisted Women’s Leggings
If you’re looking for a pair of high rise compression leggings designed to boost your athletic performance, check out these leggings from CompressionZ.
These high waisted pants are made from premium fabric with chafe-free stitching and four-way stretch material to maximize comfort and mobility during your workout.
They’re also super lightweight and include a small pocket on the back with a zipper for easy storage.
CRZ YOGA Women’s Naked Feeling High Waisted Yoga Pants
These slimming, sweat-wicking compression leggings are comfortable, supportive, and stylish, with 28 versatile colors and patterns to choose from.
They also feature a high waist with four-way stretch material and two side pockets to hold your phone, wallet, or keys.
Best of all, you don’t have to choose between style and price, as they’re one of the more affordable options.
Best with pockets
Beyond Yoga Spacedye Out of Pocket High Waisted Midi Leggings
Designed with four-way stretch fabric and a double-layer waistband, these high rise compression leggings are a flattering option for any body type.
Each pair features pockets at the hip for keeping your phone and keys secured while you exercise.
Customers also appreciate that these leggings are made with Beyond Yoga’s signature Spacedeye knit fabric, which is especially soft and sweat-wicking.
Best with extended sizes
ODODOS High Waisted Workout Leggings
ODODOS’s high waisted compression leggings are a favorite with customers, as the leggings are available in a variety of colors, with sizes ranging from XS to 3XL.
What’s more, each pair includes an elastic waistband, an adjustable drawstring, and dual side pockets large enough to fit most smartphones.
The leggings also feature four-way stretch, non-see-through fabric to optimize performance, comfort, and style.
There are several factors you’ll want to consider when shopping for compression leggings, including:
- Material type and quality. Be sure to check the type of material, as some offer specific benefits, such as four-way stretch, or are moisture-wicking or odor-resistant.
- Length and fit. As compression leggings are available in a variety of lengths and styles, you’ll want to think about the fit that’s most comfortable for you.
- Extra features. If you prefer keeping small items on hand during your workout, consider leggings with pockets. If style is important, look for products offering a variety of colors and patterns to choose from.
- Customer reviews. Before purchasing a pair, read customer reviews to help determine the fit and feel, its durability, and whether it offers good value for the money.
Compression leggings may enhance exercise performance and speed muscle recovery.
They’re available in a variety of styles, colors, and materials, so it’s important to consider which features are most important for your workout.
The list above is a great starting point when shopping around for your perfect pair.