We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
- Best overall: Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer Pro
- Best products from a top brand: Ninja Foodi 8-in-1 Digital Air Fryer, Ninja Foodi 10-in-1 XL Pro Air Fry Digital Countertop Convection Toaster Oven
- Best countertop convection ovens: Calphalon Performance Air Fry Convection Oven, Nuwave Bravo XL Convection Oven, Cuisinart Convection Toaster Oven Air Fryer
- Best large capacity: Kalorik 26 Quart Digital Maxx Air Fryer Oven
- Best budget: Black and Decker Extra Wide Crisp ‘n Bake Air Fry Toaster Oven
- Best for families: Instant Vortex Plus Air Fryer Oven 7-in-1 with Rotisserie
- Best for one person: Hamilton Beach Sure-Crisp Air Fryer Toaster Oven
- Best high end: Brava
Air fryers are trendy kitchen appliances that cook and crisp a variety of foods with little or no oil — and hence without the extra calories and fat normally associated with fried foods.
A specific type called an air fryer oven typically offers a larger capacity than traditional air fryers while taking up less counter space. These multifunctional appliances offer baking, broiling, toasting, dehydrating, and rotisserie options in addition to air frying.
Healthline rated the best air fryer ovens based on the following criteria:
- Capacity. How much food can it cook?
- Features. Does it have any other functionality besides air frying?
- Accessories. What accessories does it come with?
- Reviews. Does it have high customer ratings?
Here are the 11 best air fryer ovens of 2022.
A note on price
General price ranges with dollar signs ($ to $$$$) are indicated below. One dollar sign means the product is rather affordable, whereas four dollar signs indicate a higher cost.
Generally, prices range from $80–$1,095, though this may vary depending on where you shop.
- $ = under $100
- $$ = $100–$200
- $$$ = $200–$300
- $$$$ = $300-$1,000
- $$$$$ = over $1,000
This air fryer oven from high end kitchen appliance brand Breville is widely recommended in online spaces.
While it’s expensive, reviewers note you get what you pay for as it works well and offers several additional functions, including toast, pizza, proof, cookies, and slow cook.
It also fits a decent amount of food as there’s room for four racks, a 14-pound (6-kg) turkey or a 9 × 13 inch (23 × 33 cm) casserole dish.
Plus, the smart oven features sensors to direct heating and prevent uneven cooking.
Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer Pro at a glance
Capacity: up to 4 levels (can fit 9 slices of bread, a 14-pound (6-kg) turkey, or a 9-inch (23-cm) by 13-inch (33-cm) pan)
Additional functions: toast, bagel, broil, bake, roast, warm, pizza, proof, reheat, cookies, slow cook, dehydrate
- built-in sensors direct heating to prevent uneven cooking
- can hold up to 4 trays at once
- needs plenty of counter space
- one reviewer reported glass busting while in use
Best products from a top brand
Ninja Foodi is a renowned brand of countertop appliances. In addition to air fryers, the company makes pressure cookers, electric grills, and blenders. Ninja Foodi products feature middle-of-the-road prices and a wide variety of features.
Although this air fryer only has space to cook on one rack at a time, it fits a standard-sized baking sheet — giving it generous cooking capacity.
It can also be stored upright to preserve counter space when not in use.
In addition to air frying, this digital appliance can also broil, bake, toast, keep warm, and dehydrate. There’s even a bagel setting to help you make the perfect breakfast sandwich.
Ninja Foodi 8-in-1 Digital Air Fryer at a glance
Capacity: 1 level (fits a 13-inch (33-cm) pizza, 9 slices of toast, or 6 chicken breasts)
Additional functions: air roast, air broil, bake, toast, bagel, dehydrate, keep warm
- can be stored upright to save counter space
- preheats in 60 seconds
- can only fit one rack at a time
- reviewers say the interior is very difficult to clean
If you want an air fryer that can cook a whole roast or chicken along with sides, the Ninja Foodie 10-in-1 is a good option.
In fact, the unit can accommodate full meals and even provides two cooking racks.
Ninja also sells an upgraded version of this oven that contains a built-in thermometer, which tells you when your food is fully cooked to a safe internal temperature.
Ninja Foodi 10-in-1 XL Pro Air Fry Digital Countertop Convection Toaster Oven at a glance
Capacity: 2 levels (can fit a 5-pound (2-kg) chicken and vegetables on a sheet pan, two 12-inch (30-cm) pizzas, or a 12-pound (5-kg) turkey)
Additional functions: air roast, bake, whole roast, broil, toast, bagel, dehydrate, reheat, pizza
- optional built-in thermometer upgrade available
- can cook on two levels at once
- some reviewers note that it’s too loud
- reviewers say that it’s difficult to clean
Best countertop convection ovens
Most air fryer ovens are convection-powered toaster ovens, meaning that fans circulate the heat evenly throughout the cooking chamber. This allows the food to cook more quickly and evenly than it does in a traditional oven.
These straightforward, toaster-oven-style air fryers use convection heat to evenly cook and crisp food on all sides.
Calphalon, a trusted cookware brand, offers a highly rated air fryer convection oven that boasts a “turbo convection” feature for increased air circulation and a faster cooking time.
It also offers 2 levels and can cooks a large whole chicken.
While the reviews are overall positive, some customers complain that the bake option doesn’t work as well as a traditional oven.
Calphalon Performance Air Fry Convection Oven at a glance
Capacity: 2 levels (can fit a 12-inch (30-cm) pizza or a large whole chicken)
Additional functions: bake, toast, broil, roast, bagel, dehydrate, pizza, reheat, keep warm, defrost
- modern, dark stainless steel appearance
- several functions in one appliance
- per reviewers, heat from the oven may damage electronic components
- exterior gets extremely hot to the touch
Although it only has room for one rack at a time, the Nuwave Bravo XL boasts a fairly large capacity.
Plus, the oven comes with a built-in temperature probe to help you ensure that your food is fully cooked.
The Bravo XL also has a variety of functions, including a yogurt-making setting. My colleague, Laura Flynn Endres of Get Fit Done, says that the Nuwave Bravo has earned its counter space in her kitchen because of all the different functions it offers in addition to air frying.
Nuwave Bravo XL Convection Oven at a glance
Capacity: 2 levels (can hold a 13-inch (33-cm) pizza, 10 pounds (4.5 kg) of chicken, or 8 slices of toast)
Additional functions: bake, broil, dehydrate, frozen, grill, pizza, reheat, roast, slow roast, toast, yogurt
- comes with a built-in temperature probe
- grill plate allows the oven to be used as an indoor grill
- one reviewer reports glass shattered during use
- controls are difficult to use
Despite being more compact than others on this list, the Cuisinart Convection Toaster Oven Air Fryer can still cook up to two racks of food at once.
You can also choose between conventional bake and broil or convection-powered bake and broil.
Additionally, it comes with a spray bottle for oil so that you can easily add the small amount you need for air frying.
Just keep in mind that several reviewers note that the oven runs hot, so you’ll want to keep a close eye on your food to keep it from burning.
Cuisinart Convection Toaster Oven Air Fryer
Capacity: 2 levels (can air fry up to 3 pounds (1.4 kg) of food, toast 6 slices of bread, bake a 4-pound (1.8-kg) chicken, or cook a 12-inch (30-cm) pizza)
Additional functions: convection bake, convection broil, bake, broil, warm, toast
- ability to choose convection or conventional baking or broiling
- includes spray bottle for oil
- runs hot and burns food easily, according to several reviewers
- some reviewers report that their unit dies right at 1 year
Best large capacity
If you’re cooking for a larger household, you may need a high capacity air fryer.
This Kalorik air fryer oven boasts an extra-large capacity, fitting up to three racks or a large chicken with sides.
It comes with several accessories and can replace multiple appliances.
As some customers have complained of uneven cooking, you’ll want to keep an eye on your food and consider turning it halfway through.
Kalorik 26 Quart Digital Maxx Air Fryer Oven at a glance
Capacity: up to 3 levels (can fit a whole chicken, a 12-inch (30-cm) pizza, or 9 slices of toast)
Additional functions: bake, grill, toast, rotisserie, pizza, roast, broil, warm, dehydrate
- maximum temperature of 500°F (260°C)
- comes with several accessories and a cookbook
- reviewers say the heat from the unit can melt or burn plastic on the door
- some customers complain of uneven cooking and inaccurate temperature readings
Best budget option
This no-frills air fryer toaster oven costs under $100, yet it boasts a fairly large capacity for its low price.
Although it doesn’t have as many features as others, its affordability and large capacity make it a promising option.
Be sure to read the reviews before you purchase it, as some customers wish that the insulation was better, while others note that the drip pan is too small.
Black and Decker Extra Wide Crisp ‘n Bake Air Fry Toaster Oven at a glance
Capacity: 2 levels (can fit a 9-inch (23-cm) by 13-inch (33-cm) pan, 8 slices of bread, or a 12-inch (30-cm) pizza)
Additional functions: bake, broil, toast, keep warm
- large capacity for the price
- easy-to-use manual knob controls
- some reviews complain about poorly insulated with thin walls
- drip pan is smaller than the fry basket
Best for families
This easy-to-use, easy-to-clean air fryer oven from the makers of the Instant Pot is a great choice for families. You can cook on up to two racks at once or cook a chicken rotisserie-style.
You can also use the rotating rotisserie basket to air fry items like french fries, ensuring that all sides are evenly cooked and crisp.
Unfortunately, this air fryer oven doesn’t seem to be as well constructed as the popular Instant Pot, as several reviewers have reported quality-control issues.
Instant Vortex Plus Air Fryer Oven 7-in-1 with Rotisserie
Capacity: 10 quarts with 2 levels (can fit an 8-inch (20.3-cm) pizza, 2 pounds (0.9 kg) of fries, or 4 pounds (1.8 kg) of chicken)
Additional functions: bake, roast, toast, broil, dehydrate, rotisserie
- compact size with 2 cooking levels
- short preheat time
- smaller capacity than others on this list
- some customers complain that the oven melts and burns plastic components on the rotisserie accessories
Best for one person
If you’re cooking for one, you probably don’t need a huge air fryer oven that takes up valuable counter space.
This inexpensive model from Hamilton Beach is the perfect size for an individual, as it can fit a 9-inch (23-cm) pizza or a 3-pound (1.4-kg) chicken.
It also includes an air fry basket, baking pan, and broil rack, so you’ll have all the accessories you need to start cooking.
Hamilton Beach Sure-Crisp Air Fryer Toaster Oven at a glance
Capacity: 1 level (can fit an 8-inch (20-cm) by 8-inch (20-cm) pan, 4 slices of toast, a 9-inch (23-cm) pizza, or a 3-pound (1.4-kg) chicken)
Additional functions: toast, bake, broil
- doesn’t take up much counter space
- inexpensive and ideal for solo meals
- air-fried foods could be crispier, according to reviewers
- some customers complain about uneven cooking
Best high end
Brava, while pricey, is a high end countertop appliance that can replace an air fryer and several other appliances.
Using light as its heat source, it requires no preheat time and can reach a temperature of 500°F (260°C) in just 1 second, according to the company’s website.
Brava not only cooks twice as fast as convection ovens but also offers several preprogrammed recipes that will cycle through different settings on the machine to ensure that each component of your meal is fully and perfectly cooked.
Brava at a glance
Capacity: 2 levels (can fit 9-inch (23-cm) by 12-inch (33-cm) baking sheets)
Additional functions: cook, sear, bake, toast, reheat, air fry, dehydrate, slow cook, custom
- no preheat time required
- uses 6 high powered lamps for even and consistent cooking
- learning curve to become familiar with presets and custom settings
Choosing the best air fryer oven comes down to three main factors — capacity, price, and additional features.
Those cooking for larger households or who want to cook multiple foods at once should consider one of the larger options, such as the Kalorik oven listed above.
Keep in mind that most air fryer ovens on this list range in price from $100–$300. If you have a low budget, your options may be limited.
Finally, you’ll want to consider additional features. Many products are large enough to cook whole chickens rotisserie-style and come with the accessories to do so. Likewise, many have a temperature setting low enough to use them as a dehydrator.
Air fryer ovens are a great way to get the benefits of an air fryer, often with many extra features and a larger capacity than standard air fryers.
They come in a variety of sizes and offer numerous features, with many usable as a rotisserie, air fryer, and dehydrator all in one.
Check out the list above to find one that works for you.