We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
- Best products from a top brand: Ninja Foodi 8-in-1 Digital Air Fryer, Ninja Foodi 10-in-1 XL Pro Air Fry Digital Countertop Convection Toaster Oven
- Best countertop convection ovens: Calphalon Performance Air Fry Convection Oven, Nuwave Bravo XL Convection Oven, Cuisinart Convection Toaster Oven Air Fryer
- Best extra large: Kalorik 26 Quart Digital Maxx Air Fryer Oven
- Best budget: Black and Decker Extra Wide Crisp ‘n Bake Air Fry Toaster Oven
- Best for families: Instant Vortex Plus Air Fryer Oven 7-in-1 with Rotisserie
- Best high end: Brava
Air fryers are a trendy kitchen appliance that cooks and crisps a variety of foods with little or no oil — and hence without the extra calories and fat normally associated with fried foods.
A specific type called an air fryer oven typically offers a larger capacity than traditional air fryers while taking up less counter space. These multifunctional appliances offer baking, broiling, toasting, dehydrating, and rotisserie options in addition to air frying.
Healthline rated the best air fryer ovens based on the following criteria:
- Capacity. How much food can it cook?
- Features. Does it have any other functionality besides air frying?
- Accessories. What accessories does it come with?
- Reviews. Does it have high customer ratings?
Here are the 9 best air fryer ovens of 2021.
A note on price
General price ranges with dollar signs ($ to $$$$) are indicated below. One dollar sign means the product is rather affordable, whereas four dollar signs indicate a higher cost.
Generally, prices range from $80–$1,095, though this may vary depending on where you shop.
- $ = under $100
- $$ = $100–$200
- $$$ = $200–$300
- $$$$ = over $1,000
Best products from a top brand
Ninja Foodi is a renowned brand of countertop appliances. In addition to air fryers, they make pressure cookers, electric grills, and blenders. Ninja Foodi products feature middle-of-the-road prices and a wide variety of features.
- Capacity: 1 rack, can fit a 13″ × 13″ (33-cm × 33-cm) sheet pan, and air fry up to 4 pounds (1.8 kg) at once
- Features: air fry, bake, roast, broil, toast, dehydrate, and warm
- Accessories included: wire rack, sheet pan, air fry basket
Although this air fryer only has space to cook on one rack at a time, it fits a standard-sized baking sheet — giving it generous cooking capacity. It can also be stored upright to preserve counter space when not in use.
- Capacity: 2 racks, can fit a whole chicken and a side dish, two 12-inch (30-cm) pizzas, or a 12-pound (5.5-kg) turkey
- Features: air fry, air roast, bake, roast, toast, dehydrate, reheat, pizza
- Accessories included: two sheet pans, two wire racks, air fry basket, roasting tray
If you want an air fryer that can cook a whole roast or chicken along with sides, this one may be a good option. It can accommodate full meals and even cook on two racks at once.
You can pay extra for an upgraded version that contains a built-in thermometer, which tells you when your food is fully cooked to a safe internal temperature.
Best countertop convection ovens
Most air fryer ovens are convection-powered toaster ovens, meaning that fans circulate the heat evenly throughout the cooking chamber. This allows the food to cook more quickly and evenly than in a traditional oven.
These straightforward, toaster-oven-style air fryers use convection heat to evenly cook and crisp food on all sides.
- Capacity: 1 rack, 13″ × 13″ (33-cm × 33-cm) baking sheet
- Features: air fry, bake, toast, broil, roast, bagel, dehydrate, pizza, reheat, keep warm, defrost
- Accessories included: air fry basket, baking sheet, wire rack
Calphalon, a trusted cookware brand, offers a highly rated air fryer convection oven that boasts a “turbo convection” feature for increased air circulation and a faster cooking time.
- Capacity: 1 rack, can fit a 13-inch (33-cm) pizza or a 10-pound (4.5-kg) chicken
- Features: air fry, bake, broil, roast, slow roast, toast, grill, dehydrate, reheat, defrost, yogurt
- Accessories included: cooking rack, air fry basket, baking sheet, silicone nonstick mat
Although it only has room for one rack at a time, the Nuwave Bravo XL boasts a fairly large capacity. The oven comes with a built-in temperature probe to help you ensure that your food is fully cooked.
The Bravo XL also has a variety of functions, including a yogurt making setting.
- Capacity: 2 racks, holds 9″ × 9″ (23 cm × 23 cm) pans, can air fry up to 4 pounds (1.8 kg) at once
- Features: air fry, bake, broil, warm, toast
- Accessories included: oven rack, baking pack, air fry basket, spray bottle for oil
This air fryer oven from Cuisinart is slightly more compact than others on this list but can cook up to two racks of food at once. You can also choose between conventional bake and broil or convection-powered bake and broil.
Additionally, it comes with a spray bottle for oil so that you can add the small amount you need for air frying.
Best large size
- Capacity: up to 3 racks at once, 26-quart (24.6-liter) interior, can fit a 12-inch (30-cm) pizza
- Features: bake, toast, roast, grill, rotisserie, braise, sear, dehydrate, broil
- Accessories included: air fry basket, baking pan, air rack, bacon tray, dehydrator tray, rotisserie spit, rack handle, rotisserie handle
If you’re cooking for a larger household, you may need a high-capacity air fryer to cook more food at once.
This Kalorik air fryer oven boasts an extra-large capacity, fitting up to three racks or a large chicken with sides. It comes with several accessories and can replace multiple appliances.
Best budget option
- Capacity: 2 racks, 9″ × 13″ (23 cm × 33 cm) pan, 12-inch (30-cm) pizza
- Features: bake, broil, toast, warm, and air fry
- Accessories included: air fry basket, baking rack, baking sheet
This no-frills air fryer toaster oven costs under $100 but boasts a fairly large capacity for its low price. Although it doesn’t have as many features as others, its affordability and large capacity make it a promising option.
Best for families
- Capacity: 2 racks, 8″ × 10″ (20 cm × 25 cm) baking sheet
- Features: bake, roast, toast, broil, dehydrate, rotisserie, air fry
- Accessories included: rotisserie basket, spit, lift, and forks, drip tray, and two perforated baking pans
This easy-to-use, easy-to-clean air fryer oven from the makers of the Instant Pot is a great choice for families. You can cook on up to two racks at once, or cook a chicken rotisserie-style.
You can also use the rotating rotisserie basket to air fry items like french fries, ensuring that all sides are evenly cooked and crisp.
Best high end
- Capacity: 2 racks, 9″ × 12″ (23 cm × 30 cm) baking sheet
- Features: bake, broil, roast, grill, toast, reheat, air fry, dehydrate, preprogrammed recipe settings
- Accessories included: metal tray, glass tray
Brava, while pricey, is a high-end countertop appliance that can replace an air fryer and several other appliances. Using light as its heat source, it requires no preheat time and can reach a temperature of 500°F (260°C) in just 1 second, according to the company website.
Brava not only cooks twice as fast as convection ovens but also offers several preprogrammed recipes that will cycle through the different settings on the machine to ensure that each component of your meal is fully and perfectly cooked.
Choosing the best air fryer oven comes down to three main factors — capacity, price, and additional features.
Those cooking for larger households or who want to cook multiple foods at once should consider one of the larger options, such as the Kalorik oven listed above.
Keep in mind that most air fryer ovens on this list range in price from $100–$300. If you have a low budget, your options may be limited.
Finally, you’ll want to consider additional features. Many products are large enough to cook whole chickens rotisserie-style and come with the accessories to do so. Likewise, many have a temperature setting low enough to use them as a dehydrator.
Air fryer ovens are a great way to get the benefits of an air fryer, often with many extra features and a larger capacity than standard air fryers.
They come in a variety of sizes and offer numerous features, with many usable as a rotisserie, air fryer, and dehydrator all in one.
Check out the list above to find one that works for you.