As another holiday season approaches, your thoughts might be wandering to winter travels, family reunions, your favorite seasonal flavors, and, of course, gift giving.
But finding the perfect gift for friends and family can be a challenge, especially when you want to give them a thoughtful present from the heart — and buying them another gift card just won’t do!
When it comes to meaningful holiday gifts, health and wellness products can be a good place to start. These gifts can show that you care for their overall well-being, and they might be just what friends and family need to start the new year off right.
Whether you’ve run out of ideas for the person who has everything or you’re just starting your shopping, we’ve pulled together our list of the best budget and splurge wellness gifts for everyone on your “Nice” list this year.
- The best budget wellness gifts:
- Giving the gift of a good night’s sleep: Dr. Teals Lavender Epsom Salt
- Giving the gift of fewer eyestrain headaches: PRIVÉ REVAUX Blue Light Glasses
- Giving the gift of falling asleep faster: Dohm Classic Sound Machine
- Giving the gift of pain relief: HomeTop Premium Classic Rubber Hot Water Bottle
- Giving the gift of calming aromas: RR Round Rich Design Essential Oil Diffuser
- Give the gift of a healthy morning routine: CocoaVia™ Cardio Health
- The best splurge wellness gifts:
- Giving the gift of goal tracking in luxury: Fitbit Luxe
- Giving the gift of nutritious meals in minutes: Cook Unity
- Giving the gift of cleaner air: Core 400S Smart True HEPA Air Purifier
- Giving the gift of feeling tucked in at night: Brooklinen Weighted Comforter
- Giving the gift of cycling on their own schedule: Ativafit Indoor Cycling Folding Bike
When pulling together great gift ideas for this list, we wanted to make sure any person — and any budget — could find a wellness gift that can bring a smile this holiday season. Here’s what we considered when searching for products:
- Price: Our list includes both splurges and budget picks. Our budget gifts are $50 or less and our splurge gifts are $100 or more. We didn’t include shipping rates in these price ranges, but in most cases shipping was free, or the cost of the item would exceed the minimum purchase for free shipping.
- Health and wellness focused: There are a lot of factors that contribute to overall wellness. We included items from across the wellness spectrum, and not just things related to nutrition and exercise. That means you’ll find gifts not only for the runners and cyclists in your life, but also for the busy folks who could benefit from some restorative self-care.
- Everyday use: It can be a blow to your gift-giving self-esteem to give a gift to someone that you never see them use. Did it wind up in the back of their closet? Or worse, was it regifted? We prioritized gifts they will want to use and enjoy on a regular or daily basis.
- Ease of use right of the box: Each item on this list can either be used right away or requires very little prior experience to use. That makes them a good pick for almost anyone — tech-savvy or not.
- $ = under $30
- $$ = $30–$130
- $$$ = $130-$230
- $$$$ = over $230
Giving the gift of a good night’s sleep
- Price: $
- Shipping: free when you spend over $25 on Amazon
For that person in your life who seems to always be moving at top speed, a warm, soothing bath can be a great way to relax. These Dr. Teals Lavender Epsom Salt bags give all the restorative benefits of an Epsom salt bath with the ever-soothing scent of lavender.
This two-pack of 4-pound bags — so 8 pounds total — will give your giftee approximately 16 lavender-scented evenings. All they need to do is add 2 cups of these salts to their bath. A glass of wine and their favorite book not included.
Not sure what skin care ingredients you need? Check out How to Skip the Beauty Buzzwords, Plus 12 Ingredients Derms Swear By.
Giving the gift of fewer eyestrain headaches
- Price: $
- Shipping: free when you spend over $50
We spend a lot of time looking at our screens. We’re not psychic, but we’re willing to bet you’re even looking at a screen right now!
With all of this screen time also comes a lot of blue light exposure. Blue light isn’t hazardous to your health, but it can lead to eyestrain headaches. It can even affect your quality of sleep over time.
If your loved one has a job that revolves around a computer screen, a nice pair of blue light glasses might be the kind of special accessory they need.
PRIVÉ REVAUX offers dozens of styles and sizes that can fit any work style or fashion sense. We love the Chestnut Brown Tort Color Nomad Blue Light Glasses, but there are plenty of others you can look through to find the perfect pair.
Giving the gift of falling asleep faster
- Price: $$
- Shipping: free
Few things can benefit your overall wellness as well as a good night’s sleep. But for some folks, it can be really difficult to fall asleep, even after a busy or exhausting day.
The Dohm Classic Sound Machine is a traditional white noise machine that generates the same consistent sound to help people redirect their thoughts to something more calming and soothing. This fan-based system generates a natural tone with two different speed options, so no more repeating, recorded sounds playing through speakers.
It’s also pretty affordable compared with competing products, and can be a great gift for someone who likes simple, easy-to-use items. In other words, there’s no complicated app to download or monthly membership required — just plug it in and turn it on.
Giving the gift of pain relief
- Price: $
- Shipping: free with the option to pay for faster shipping
Almost all of us have that one person in our family who can flawlessly plan the activities, cook big meals, decorate, and gift wrap their way through the holiday season.
But the truth is, no matter how easy they make it look, it’s a lot of work. They’re probably feeling pretty sore by the time decorations come down.
For that extra hard worker in your life, consider the HomeTop Premium Classic Rubber Hot Water Bottle to soothe aching muscles. Available in eight colors, the water bottle is made of natural rubber and can retain heat for hours. It can be filled with ice water too.
If you want to make this gift stand out even more, you can tuck this water bottle inside a cute bottle cover, like this panda one from HomeTop.
Giving the gift of calming aromas
- Price: $$
- Shipping: free when you spend over $25 on Amazon with the option to pay for faster shipping
Know someone who can’t get enough pumpkin spice everything? One of the most effective ways to fill a home with favorite scents is an essential oil diffuser. Consider the RR Round Rich Design Essential Oil Diffuser — it comes in seven styles to match any bedroom or living room.
With either a ceramic or metal casing around the diffuser, the built-in LED lights provide 15 color options to help set the mood in the room. Among the styles, we love this metal, deer-themed cover, this ceramic pineapple cover, and this ceramic owl cover.
Just remember to pick up your loved one’s favorite essential oils, too, because this diffuser doesn’t include them.
Give the gift of a healthy morning routine
- Price: $$
- Shipping: Free, no minimum
A great way to incorporate healthy habits into your morning routine is by adding dietary supplements to foods and beverages you’re already starting the day with. CocoaVia™ Cardio Health dietary supplement is a health-conscious option to give someone a little heart-healthy boost and kickstart their day.
CocoaVia™ Cardio Health dietary supplement is available in two forms, capsules and powder. The powder supplement has a tasty dark chocolate flavor and delivers flavanols in an easy-to-absorb way. It can serve as a great addition to smoothies, and you can also add it to popular breakfast choices like overnight oats and coffee. For on-the-go, the two-capsule serving form is a convenient option.
Each serving of CocoaVia’s Cardio Health supplement contains 500 mg of cocoa flavanols, which promote heart health.
*Sponsored by CocoaVia™
Giving the gift of goal tracking in luxury
- Price: $$$
- Shipping: free
As the year comes to a close and the holiday festivities start to wind down, you may have a loved one who wants to set a personal goal for the new year.
Perhaps they want to try walking a little more, taking the stairs at the office more often, or getting a more restful night’s sleep as a New Year’s resolution. This is where the Fitbit Luxe comes in: It can help set goals and track daily progress.
Available in four styles, the Fitbit Luxe can pair directly with a smartphone through the Fitbit app. It can track your steps, how well you sleep (and how restless you are overnight!), as well as your heart rate and potential stress levels.
Best of all, it’s swim-proof, so you don’t have to take it off and leave it poolside.
Giving the gift of nutritious meals in minutes
- Price: $$$ for 12 meals a week
- Shipping: approximately $10 per box, but could vary based on location or number of meals
Sometimes, the idea of finding the time to cook a solid dinner is pretty far out of reach, but we can’t live off of delivery or frozen pizzas alone (no matter how much we want to!).
These meals are made fresh and shipped to your giftee each week. Your loved one can also customize their weekly menu and how many meals they want delivered.
Each meal is individually packaged with instructions for how to heat it up. Some meals only need a few minutes in the microwave or under an hour in the oven.
Meals are crafted by chefs and always feature diverse selections and flavors from around the world. Most meals can also be eaten right from the packaging. Goodbye, pile of dirty dishes in the sink!
Giving the gift of cleaner air
- Price: $$$
- Shipping: free through the Levoit website
During the colder months, you’re likely spending a lot more time inside. But while you’re trading in your swimsuit for your winter coat, you might notice your home feeling more stuffy and a lot less fresh.
This is why an air purifier, like the Core 400S Smart True HEPA Air Purifier, is a thoughtful gift to help make the long winter months a little bit easier. This air purifier uses three stages of HEPA filtration to pull pet hair, dust, and even cigarette smoke out of the air thanks to its activated carbon filter stage.
The manufacturer estimates this purifier can clean an 806-square-foot living room in as little as 24 minutes. This smart air purifier can pair with your phone through the VeSync app as well as your voice-enabled Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant devices.
Giving the gift of feeling tucked in at night
- Price: $$$$ for queen size
- Shipping: free through the Brooklinen website with the option to pay for faster shipping
Despite how warm and cozy the holiday season might make us feel inside, there’s no denying just how cold it is outside. That’s why a warm weighted blanket never goes out of style this time of year.
The Brooklinen Weighted Comforter is meant to cover the entire bed. It comes in three sizes: twin/twin XL, full/queen, and king/Cali king. The blanket’s weight comes from glass microbeads that are evenly distributed and have small pockets all across the blanket.
The quilted full/queen weighs 20 pounds, so you know your gift will provide plenty of warmth and light compression all winter long.
Giving the gift of cycling on their own schedule
- Price: $$$
- Shipping: free through Ativafit website with the option to pay for faster shipping
We’ve all seen the ads for the fancy stationary bikes with their big video screens and even bigger monthly subscriptions. But if you know someone who wants to enjoy the benefits of cycling without the regular trainer subscription, this surprisingly portable stationary bike might make for the right gift.
This bike comes equipped with a digital monitor that gives live readings of your speed, time spent on the bike, distance, and even your heart rate. Offering eight levels of magnetic resistance and an adjustable seat and backrest means the user can get everything set up just right — no matter how long they plan to ride.
Best of all, the bike can fold up easily, taking up only 15 inches by 12.5 inches when leaned up against the wall. No need to clear out the furniture to make room for a giant stationary bike!
Some quick shopping tips
- Shipping and estimated arrival dates: Never underestimate the absolute crush of shipping around the holidays. A good number of big-box retailers can get your order to you in under 48 hours, but don’t rely on that timeline closer to the holidays. Most companies even advertise their “last day to buy” to make sure it arrives in time for the festivities.
- Check prices before and after major sales events: We all know about Black Friday and Cyber Monday for great seasonal deals. But in the last few years, more and more companies have been launching their Black Friday deals before Thanksgiving and keeping them up for a week or more.
- Read through some gift guides if you don’t know where to start: You may not know what the best gift is for someone right off the bat. That’s why gift guides are so helpful; they can give you ideas you may not have thought about and save some hours scrolling through customer reviews to see whether it’s a reliable product. Thankfully, the team here at Healthline has been busy pulling together a variety of must-read gift guides to help you find the perfect gift.
As wonderful as the holiday season can be, choosing the right gifts can be a little stressful.
Health and wellness products can be a great idea for gift giving. They can give the receiver a new way to work toward their personal goals, improve their sleep hygiene, spice up their nutrition, or give them an excuse to finally take some time to relax.
Whether you’re looking for the perfect splurge gift to knock their cozy holiday socks off or a fun budget gift to slip into their stocking, the best gift is something that says you’re thinking of their wellness and wishing them a happier and healthier new year.
Ready for a calm and stress-free holiday? Check out Healthline’s Season of Self-Care, your go-to destination for the latest must-have health and wellness gifts for your loved ones – and you!