We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission Here’s our process.
Healthline only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
- sweets, such as ice cream and candy
- dairy, such as cheese and sour cream
- starchy carbohydrates
- fast food, such as Chinese cuisine or pizza
French fries, cookies, and bread, oh my!The majority of cravings I see patients having are for carbohydrates — French fries, cookies, breads. Some mention craving foods they haven’t liked before, such as sushi. From a safety aspect, always make sure that if you consume foods such as meat, fish, or sushi, make sure they are fully cooked and advised to be safe in pregnancy. – Holly Ernst, PA-C