We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
Amazon Prime Day is October 13–14 this year. Here’s what you need to know.
Whether you’re expecting your first baby or are already a parent of three, there’s one thing we can all agree on: The cost of all that baby gear adds up.
That’s why big sales like Amazon Prime Day can be awesome for parents. The annual 48-hour sale event regularly features great discounts on big ticket items and baby essentials alike, from brands you know and love.
This year’s Prime Day is October 13–14. Here’s how you can prepare and what to look out for.
Amazon Prime Day is a 2-day event, exclusively for Prime members. Starting at midnight PST (3 a.m. EST) on Tuesday, October 13, you’ll find thousands of deals on tech, home goods, and yes, even baby gear, on Amazon.com.
If this isn’t your first rodeo, you’re not remembering incorrectly — Amazon Prime Day is usually a July event. But this year, due to COVID-19 and the related surge of online shopping, it was delayed (multiple times) until October.
Yup, you sure do. However, Amazon offers a 30-day free trial of Prime, so you’re currently in the window to enroll, take advantage of Prime Day, and cancel if you so choose.
Amazon also encourages you to “watch” deals through the Amazon app, so you can keep an eye on the items you want most and get notified when it’s time to swoop in. Here’s how to watch deals in the app.
Also, Amazon’s offering several ways to earn a $10 credit to spend on Prime Day. To receive the credit you can:
- Spend $10 at select small businesses.
- Shop at Amazon, IRL. Spend $10 at an AmazonBooks or Amazon Pop Up location until October 14. Spend another $10 at an Amazon 4-Star location to receive a second $10 credit.
- Spend $10 at Whole Foods.
While we won’t know the full extent of the discounts until October 13, we’ve been tipped off about a few! Here are some brands we know will be discounted during Prime Day:
- Mama Bear: save 20% on wipes, diapers, pacifiers, and more
- Echo Dot Kids: 50% off, but won’t ship for a few months
- Love & Care: save 20% on infant formula and pediatric shakes
- Amazing Baby: save 20% on swaddles, sleep sacks, and crib sheets
- Jeep Gemini Stroller by Delta Children: more than 30% off
- Delta Children Revolve Reversible Stroller: 31% off
- Delta Children EZ Open Playard: 32% off
- Simmons Kids Deluxe Gliding Bedside Bassinet: 28% off
- Delta Children Canton 4-in-1 Convertible Crib: 20% off select colors
- Simmons Kids Emma 4-Drawer Dresser with Changing Top: 15% off
- Simmons Kids Paloma 4-Drawer Dresser with Changing Top: 15% off
The following KeaBabies products will be 20% off:
- KeaBabies Wrap Carrier
- KeaBabies Silicone Baby Bibs
- KeaBabies Burp Cloths
- KeaBabies Diaper Bag Backpack
- Lansinoh Manual Breast Pump: 20% off
- Lansinoh Washable Nursing Pads: 20% off
- Lansinoh Lanolin Nipple Cream: 20% off
- Lansinoh Smart Pump 2.0 Double Electric Breast Pump: 20% off
- Lansinoh Silicone Breast Pump: 30% off
- Lansinoh Glass Baby Bottles (4-pack): 30% off
- Lansinoh Breastmilk Storage Bags (75 count): 35% off
In a tumultuous year, folks have turned to online shopping like never before. As a result, Amazon Prime Day 2020 has been rescheduled again and again — but it’s finally happening October 13–14.
To get ahead of the game, start “watching” any items you’re waiting to snag in the Amazon app. And check back here for more updates as we have them!