If you rely on glasses, doing without them can feel like an impossibility. Accidents happen, however, and it’s not uncommon to lose or break eyewear.
For many people, going without their prescription eyewear and not being able to see clearly means not driving, working, or enjoying leisure time. Luckily, you can replace your eyeglass frames or lenses for next-day delivery through Overnight Glasses, an online eyewear retailer.
Read on to learn all about Overnight Glasses and how to use their service.
Overnight Glasses is a California-based company. All their manufacturing and inspections are done domestically. Their manufacturing meets Food & Drug Administration (FDA) and American National Standards (ANSI) approvals.
Overnight Glasses is best known for quick turnaround times on eyeglasses and replacement lenses. If you need a new pair of frames for any reason, you can shop from a large selection of glasses.
Overnight Glasses has a wide range of name-brand and designer frames that can be used for prescription eyewear, prescription sunglasses, and nonprescription sunglasses. They also carry a hefty selection of economy-priced frames.
Some top brands you’ll find on Overnight Glasses include:
- Armani Exchange
- Tory Burch
- Calvin Klein
Single vision prescriptions can be purchased for next-day delivery. More complicated prescriptions, including those with progressive and bifocal lenses, arrive between 3 and 7 days.
Available lens coatings include:
- blue light blocking
Overnight Glasses offers lens replacement for all types of prescriptions and frames of any size or shape. The turnaround time is typically 2 to 4 days after Overnight Glasses receives your frames.
Frames range in price from $40 to around $175 for men’s and women’s style frames. There’s also a large selection of children’s style frames from $40 to around $110.
Prescription lenses range in cost:
- $0 for single prescription lenses
- $70 for bifocals
- $99 for progressives
Lens coatings, such as impact resistance, cost extra.
If you’re buying replacement lenses for your frames, your cost will range from around $70 to $200 per pair. You can’t purchase only one lens.
Does Overnight Glasses take insurance?
Overnight Glasses doesn’t accept insurance. You can use your flexible spending account (FSA) or health savings account (HSA) to buy prescription eyewear.
Overnight Glasses sells eyewear solely through their website.
Ordering new eyeglasses
To purchase new eyeglasses, follow these steps:
- Choose your frames. Overnight Glasses recommends narrowing your search by using their sizing guide and filters for size, style, and color.
- Enter a current prescription (1 year old or less) for both eyes. If you don’t know your prescription, Overnight Glasses will contact your eye care professional to get it for you.
- Add your pupillary distance (PD). Overnight Glasses includes a guide that helps you measure your PD.
- Choose any special features, such as blue-light-blocking or Transitions lenses.
- Select your shipping speed.
- Pay at checkout. You can use a credit card or Apple Pay, Amazon Pay, or PayPal. You can also use your FSA or HSA.
Ordering replacement lenses
To replace lenses in frames you already own, follow these steps:
- Choose your lens thickness and coatings. Overnight Glasses will accommodate any frame shape.
- Enter your prescription if you have it handy. If you don’t know it, they’ll contact your eye care professional for you.
- Choose your shipping speed. Replacement rush service includes two-way UPS next-day air shipping.
- Pay at checkout.
- Use the UPS label provided to ship your eyewear to Overnight Glasses.
Delivery of new eyeglasses is fast. You can choose next-day delivery, or you can opt to get your glasses within 3 to 7 days.
Same-day delivery may be available in some locations. Faster delivery, including same-day options, costs more than standard delivery.
Delivery of replacement lenses is typically within 2 days of Overnight Glasses receiving your current frames. If you wear bifocal or progressive lenses, your wait time will be longer.
There are some customer complaints regarding shipping and delivery. On Trustpilot, customers mention unexpected lag times after paying delivery rush fees. While on the Better Business Bureau (BBB), others mention slower than expected delivery times on standard shipping orders.
Overnight Glasses states that glasses can be returned for a full refund or a replacement of equal value within 7 days of receipt.
Rush shipping fees on returns are only refundable if glasses are delivered damaged or if there’s a manufacturing error.
A 2-year warranty is given for diamond antiglare coatings only.
To initiate a return or exchange, contact the company at 855-830-3339 weekdays from 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. PST. You may get a faster response by messaging Overnight Glasses on Facebook.
On the BBB website, customers give Overnight Glasses an average of 4.69 out of 5 stars and an A- ranking.
The Trustpilot page for Overnight Glasses consists of two poor reviews and hasn’t been claimed by the company.
Most of the online reviews on their Facebook page are highly positive.
Some customer reviews mention long and inconvenient delivery times or receiving broken glasses.