We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission Here’s our process.
Healthline only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
If you rely on glasses, doing without them can feel like an impossibility. Accidents happen, however, and it’s not uncommon to lose or break eyewear.
For many people, going without their prescription eyewear and not being able to see clearly means not driving, working, or enjoying leisure time. Luckily, you can replace your eyeglass frames or lenses for next-day delivery through Overnight Glasses, an online eyewear retailer.
Read on to learn all about Overnight Glasses and how to use their service.
Overnight Glasses is a California-based company. All their manufacturing and inspections are done domestically. Their manufacturing meets Food & Drug Administration (FDA) and American National Standards (ANSI) approvals.
Overnight Glasses is best known for quick turnaround times on eyeglasses and replacement lenses. If you need a new pair of frames for any reason, you can shop from a large selection of glasses.
Overnight Glasses pros
- Next-day rush service is guaranteed for single vision lenses, provided you place your order before midnight the day before.
- In some instances, you may be able to get glasses within 12 to 24 hours.
- They have a large selection of eyewear in men’s, women’s, and children’s styles.
- There’s a virtual mirror on the site that you can use to check out how frames will look.
- Free two-way shipping on your current frames is available if you only need new lenses.
- They offer a best price guarantee on eyewear, based on the total cost of the frames, lenses, tint, and coating.
- Blue-light-blocking lenses and other lens coatings are available.
- A prescription is required for new glasses. If you don’t have yours on hand, they’ll contact your eye care professional for you. They can also copy the prescription from your current lenses.
- Lenses are tested by COLTS Laboratories, a third-party ophthalmic product testing service.
Overnight Glasses has a wide range of name-brand and designer frames that can be used for prescription eyewear, prescription sunglasses, and nonprescription sunglasses. They also carry a hefty selection of economy-priced frames.
Some top brands you’ll find on Overnight Glasses include:
- Armani Exchange
- Tory Burch
- Calvin Klein
Single vision prescriptions can be purchased for next-day delivery. More complicated prescriptions, including those with progressive and bifocal lenses, arrive between 3 and 7 days.
Available lens coatings include:
- blue light blocking
Overnight Glasses offers lens replacement for all types of prescriptions and frames of any size or shape. The turnaround time is typically 2 to 4 days after Overnight Glasses receives your frames.
Frames range in price from $40 to around $175 for men’s and women’s style frames. There’s also a large selection of children’s style frames from $40 to around $110.
Prescription lenses range in cost:
- $0 for single prescription lenses
- $70 for bifocals
- $99 for progressives
Lens coatings, such as impact resistance, cost extra.
If you’re buying replacement lenses for your frames, your cost will range from around $70 to $200 per pair. You can’t purchase only one lens.
Does Overnight Glasses take insurance?
Overnight Glasses doesn’t accept insurance. You can use your flexible spending account (FSA) or health savings account (HSA) to buy prescription eyewear.
Overnight Glasses sells eyewear solely through their website.
Ordering new eyeglasses
To purchase new eyeglasses, follow these steps:
- Choose your frames. Overnight Glasses recommends narrowing your search by using their sizing guide and filters for size, style, and color.
- Enter a current prescription (1 year old or less) for both eyes. If you don’t know your prescription, Overnight Glasses will contact your eye care professional to get it for you.
- Add your pupillary distance (PD). Overnight Glasses includes a guide that helps you measure your PD.
- Choose any special features, such as blue-light-blocking or Transitions lenses.
- Select your shipping speed.
- Pay at checkout. You can use a credit card or Apple Pay, Amazon Pay, or PayPal. You can also use your FSA or HSA.
Ordering replacement lenses
To replace lenses in frames you already own, follow these steps:
- Choose your lens thickness and coatings. Overnight Glasses will accommodate any frame shape.
- Enter your prescription if you have it handy. If you don’t know it, they’ll contact your eye care professional for you.
- Choose your shipping speed. Replacement rush service includes two-way UPS next-day air shipping.
- Pay at checkout.
- Use the UPS label provided to ship your eyewear to Overnight Glasses.
Delivery of new eyeglasses is fast. You can choose next-day delivery, or you can opt to get your glasses within 3 to 7 days.
Same-day delivery may be available in some locations. Faster delivery, including same-day options, costs more than standard delivery.
Delivery of replacement lenses is typically within 2 days of Overnight Glasses receiving your current frames. If you wear bifocal or progressive lenses, your wait time will be longer.
There are some customer complaints regarding shipping and delivery. On Trustpilot, customers mention unexpected lag times after paying delivery rush fees. While on the Better Business Bureau (BBB), others mention slower than expected delivery times on standard shipping orders.
Overnight Glasses states that glasses can be returned for a full refund or a replacement of equal value within 7 days of receipt.
Rush shipping fees on returns are only refundable if glasses are delivered damaged or if there’s a manufacturing error.
A 2-year warranty is given for diamond antiglare coatings only.
To initiate a return or exchange, contact the company at 855-830-3339 weekdays from 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. PST. You may get a faster response by messaging Overnight Glasses on Facebook.
On the BBB website, customers give Overnight Glasses an average of 4.69 out of 5 stars and an A- ranking.
The Trustpilot page for Overnight Glasses consists of two poor reviews and hasn’t been claimed by the company.
Most of the online reviews on their Facebook page are highly positive.
Some customer reviews mention long and inconvenient delivery times or receiving broken glasses.
There may also be brick-and-mortar retailers in your area that can provide fast turnaround times on eyewear. One of these is HeyWear in New York City.
If you work with a local optometrist or ophthalmologist and need glasses in a rush, they may be able to help you. This may also be the perfect time to set up an annual eye health exam with them.
Your eyes should be checked annually by a professional who can gauge if you need a new prescription. This also ensures that you identify any new or underlying conditions that might affect your eyes, such as glaucoma or macular degeneration.
Overnight Glasses are a solid option for getting or replacing eyewear quickly.
Their rush fees may be steep, but they’re worth it if you’re in dire need of new glasses. The frames here are discounted and competitively priced when compared with some other online retailers, so the higher cost may balance itself out.
If you use a single prescription, you may find the company’s service particularly beneficial, since you won’t pay extra for lenses, only frames. You’ll also be able to get the quickest turnaround time on delivery.
Corey Whelan is a freelance writer and reproductive health professional who specializes in health and wellness content. She has spent much of the last two decades educating people about infertility and family building options. Whelan is a science nerd, and her heroes span the gamut from Temple Grandin to her wonderful mom. She shares her life in Brooklyn, NY with her all-grown-up, fascinating children and their wacky shelter dogs. Follow her on Twitter.