Quick, easy, and flavorful. People shy away from greens in their smoothies, but this one will have you feeling otherwise. We also include a few ways you can customize your smoothie to make it your own. — Vanessa Rissetto
3 ways to make it your own
- Substitute chocolate protein powder for vanilla or unflavored collage peptides.
- Swap ground flax seeds for ground chia seeds.
- Replace peanut butter with almond butter or sunflower seed butter.
Make-It-Your-Own Green Smoothie
snack, light meal
Prep Time: 5min
About this recipe:
You can learn to love green in your smoothie with this simple, easy, and delicious recipe and the ability to make it your own.
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup (30 grams) baby spinach, fresh or frozen (wring out moisture if frozen)
- 2 scoops collagen protein powder or vegan protein powder
- 1 tbsp. (7 grams) ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) peanut butter (or nut butter of your choice)
- 1 cup (237 mL) almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- Sliced almonds, for serving
- Add banana, spinach, protein powder, ground flaxseed, peanut butter, and almond milk to a high speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- If smoothie needs more liquid, add more almond milk or water.
- Pour into a cup, top with sliced almonds, and enjoy!