- Anthem is a one of the largest insurance companies in the United States, providing coverage to millions each year.
- Anthem Medicare Advantage plans provide comprehensive healthcare coverage to eligible Medicare beneficiaries in 14 states.
- You can choose from among a few different types of Anthem Medicare Advantage plans to fit your budget and healthcare needs.
Originally founded in Indianapolis in the 1940s, Anthem has been providing health insurance for more than 70 years. In 2004, a merger with WellPoint Health Networks made Anthem one of the largest health insurance providers in the country.
Anthem has a long history of partnerships with other insurance providers, and through their affiliated companies, Anthem provides coverage to 106 million people.
Anthem offers a range of Medicare Advantage plans and other services for people who are eligible for Medicare coverage. These plans are available in 14 states.
Keep reading to learn more about Anthem, coverage offered in these Medicare Advantage plans, and where these plans are available.
In the United States, there are more than 22 million people enrolled in Medicare Advantage plans.
Anthem has several Medicare Advantage plans offering comprehensive healthcare coverage. They include hospital visits, medical costs, and prescription drugs. Most also provide dental and vision coverage as added benefits.
Anthem offers several plan options with premiums as low as $0 per month.
Anthem Medicare Advantage plans provide comprehensive coverage and have high CMS star ratings. CMS is a rating system that shows how well a plan performed in the past year and if beneficiaries were happy with their coverage.
Anthem has several Advantage plans with a 4- or 5-star rating.
Anthem’s Medicare Advantage Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plans are available in several states.
With this plan, you’ll choose an approved in-network doctor as your primary physician. This allows you to receive consistent care, regular exams, and specialist referrals. HMOs also tend to have lower out-of-pocket costs.
Anthem also offers Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plans, which may give you a little more flexibility.
Along with visits to your primary care physician, you can make an appointment with any other in-network doctors or specialists without needing a referral.
Anthem Medicare Advantage plans are available in the following 14 states:
- New Hampshire
- New York
Specific plan availability may also vary by county. To find out what Anthem Medicare Advantage plans are available in your county, visit Anthem’s Medicare Advantage plans page and enter your information.
On Anthem’s Medicare Advantage plans page, you’ll find a list of all the Advantage plans in your area, along with a comprehensive list of benefits, copays, premiums, deductibles, and out-of-pocket maximums for each plan.
You can also find Medicare Advantage plans in your area using Medicare’s plan finder tool. By answering a few questions and entering your ZIP code, you’ll see all the available plans in your area.
Medicare Advantage, also called Medicare Part C, can provide for all your healthcare needs in one package.
Rather than enrolling in several programs, like parts A, B, and D for full coverage, Medicare Advantage plans offer all of this in one policy.
Anthem Medicare Advantage plans include the same benefits as original Medicare parts A and B. This coverage includes:
- doctor’s visits
- diagnostic lab work and imaging tests
- preventative care
- inpatient hospital care
- emergency ambulance services
- home healthcare services
- transportation services
- meal delivery to your home after a hospital stay
- wellness programs, such as those offered by SilverSneakers
Anthem Medicare Advantage plans place a cap on your out-of-pocket healthcare expenses. These caps may differ from plan to plan. After reaching the cap, you won’t pay any out-of-pocket costs for the remainder of the year.
There are two main eligibility requirements to enroll in an Anthem Medicare Advantage plan:
- You must be enrolled in original Medicare (parts A and B) and continue to pay your Part B premiums.
- You must live in an area that is covered by an Anthem Medicare Advantage plan.
To find out more about Anthem’s plan offerings, you can contact Anthem Medicare Advantage customer service. The main office can be reached from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET at 800-331-1476.
You can also lookup your Anthem customer service number by visiting Anthem’s contact page and selecting your state from the drop-down menu. You’ll see phone numbers for your state, including a dedicated Medicare Advantage plan number.
Help is available from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., 7 days a week.
- Anthem offers a range of Medicare Advantage plan options in 14 states.
- The types of plans offered include both HMOs and PPOs, which provides some different choices in how to manage your healthcare coverage.
- Not all plans are available in every state or county, so check Anthem’s website or the Medicare plan finder tool to help you choose the right plan to fit your needs and budget.
The information on this website may assist you in making personal decisions about insurance, but it is not intended to provide advice regarding the purchase or use of any insurance or insurance products. Healthline Media does not transact the business of insurance in any manner and is not licensed as an insurance company or producer in any U.S. jurisdiction. Healthline Media does not recommend or endorse any third parties that may transact the business of insurance.