at a glance
- Allwell Medicare Advantage (Part C) plans are available in many counties in 16 states.
- You can purchase Allwell Part C plans through specified local insurance companies.
- Many Allwell Part C plans offer affordable add-on coverage for extras such as vision, dental, and acupuncture.
- Allwell does not offer stand-alone Part D prescription drug plans.
Allwell is a Medicare Advantage (Part C) product offered through local health insurers in 16 states.
Allwell offers a few different types of Medicare Advantage plans to eligible individuals, including HMOs, PPOs, and Special Needs Plans. To get any Allwell Medicare plan, you must be eligible for and enrolled in original Medicare (Part A and Part B).
Let’s take a closer look at the plans offered by Allwell and how much they may cost.
Several different types of Allwell Medicare Advantage plans may be available in your area.
When deciding which type of plan is best for you, keep in mind that HMO plans limit service to a specific network of providers. With a PPO plan, you can see either in-network or out-of-network providers. However, out-of-network providers will typically have a higher copay.
Allwell HMO plans
Allwell offers several HMO plans that may be available in your area. The names of these plans might differ from state to state.
Overall, these plans range in monthly premium costs, with some premium-free options.
Most of the Allwell Medicare Advantage HMO plans come with Part D prescription drug coverage included. Some plans also include vision and dental coverage. For an added cost, you can also add extra coverage for services like chiropractic care, acupuncture services, and fitness services.
Allwell HMO SNPs
Allwell offers two different types of HMO SNPs:
- Dual Eligible SNP (D-SNPs): for people who are eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid coverage
- Chronic Condition SNP (C-SNP): for people with chronic health conditions such as diabetes or heart failure
These SNPs have low to no monthly premiums and no additional deductible, aside from your Part B deductible. These plans also include prescription (Part D) drug coverage, as well as extras like vision and hearing care. Most of these plans do not cover dental services.
Allwell PPO plans
Allwell PPO plans are available only in certain parts of Indiana. They include prescription (Part D) coverage. Some plans include vision and dental care. These plans have a low to no monthly premium.
Allwell does not offer stand-alone Part D prescription drug plans. However, many of Allwell’s Medicare Advantage plans come with Part D coverage included.
You can get an Allwell Medicare Advantage plan in 16 states, although not every plan is available in each state. In some cases, a plan might be offered only in specific counties or ZIP codes.
States where you may be able to purchase an Allwell Medicare Advantage plan are:
Like all Medicare Part C plans, Allwell’s plans are required to provide at least as much coverage as original Medicare. In general, this means you will receive services like:
- inpatient hospital care
- short-term inpatient nursing home care
- hospice care
- limited skilled nursing facility care
- limited home healthcare
- preventive care, such as flu shots, pneumonia shots, and hepatitis B shots
- medically necessary services, such as annual physicals
- diagnostic imaging tests, such as CT scans, MRIs, X-rays, and PET scans
- emergency ambulance transportation
- durable medical equipment
- mental health treatment
In addition to these services, some Allwell Medicare Advantage plans offer:
Allwell Medicare Advantage plans range in costs and fees. These not only vary from state to state but also by county or ZIP code. Here are some examples of different plan costs in a few of Allwell’s service areas:
|City/plan||Monthly premium||Health deductible, drug deductible||Out-of-pocket max||Primary doctor copay||Specialist copay|
|Mesa, AZ: Allwell Medicare Essentials (HMO)||$0||$0, $0||$3,450||$0||$15|
|Lansdale, PA: Allwell Dual Medicare (HMO D-SNP)||$0||$0, $445||$3,450||$0||$0|
|St. Louis, MO: Allwell Medicare Boost (HMO)||$0||$0, $445||$7,550||$5||$50|
|West Lafayette, IN: Allwell Medicare (PPO)||$19||$0, $200||$5,500||$5||$40|
If you’re eligible for original Medicare, you could purchase a Medicare Advantage (Part C) plan. This is a type of additional insurance you get from private insurers.
Part C plan offerings vary by location. Not every plan is available in every state. You can look for and compare Part C plans, including Allwell Part C plans, by entering your ZIP code here.
Medicare Advantage plans offer at least as many services as original Medicare, plus additional coverage.
This extra coverage differs from plan to plan. It may include prescription drug coverage, vision care, and dental services. Some Part C plans also offer coverage for acupuncture, plus access to gyms and health clubs through a health and fitness program known as SilverSneakers.
- Allwell Medicare Advantage (Part C) plans are sold by private insurers in 16 states. However, not every county or ZIP code in those states has access to every plan.
- Like all Part C plans, Allwell Advantage plans cover at least as much as original Medicare does.
- Many plans also offer extras, such as prescription drug coverage, dental services, and vision care.