We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
We live in a time where most essential needs are accessible online. You might get your groceries delivered through the web, or even do most of your shopping online.
You can now add your healthcare to that virtual to-do list, thanks to telehealth.
Telehealth, also known as telemedicine, provides online healthcare services through the use of communication technologies. This includes services provided by pharmacists and social workers.
Telehealth lets you to access healthcare services from the comfort of your home oftentimes at a lower cost, and even if you don’t have health insurance.
If you have concerns about visiting an office in-person, then keep reading to find out if telehealth is a suitable option for you. There are several options to consider, such as LiveHealth Online.
Remember that telehealth is not for medical emergencies. If you’re having an emergency, please call 911.
LiveHealth Online is an online care solution that allows you to virtually visit a healthcare professional at any time.
LiveHealth Online’s services, which are available 24/7, range from advice and treatment for common health concerns to therapy sessions.
- 24/7 access to diverse care: You can talk with a board-certified doctor, board-certified psychiatrist, licensed psychologist, licensed therapist, or customer support agent at any time
- Apple Health: You can sync your Apple Health information and share it with your doctor during visits
- Easy access: You can access LiveHealth Online with a computer or mobile device that runs Android or iOS
- LGBTQ ally: You can accessselect LiveHealth Online doctors trained to provide a safe and affirming space for LGBTQ+ people
- Notes and slips: Your doctor can provide you with sick slips, school notes, and work notes
- Spanish: You can use Cuidado Médico to access the LiveHealth Online application in Spanish and talk with Spanish-speaking doctors by appointment
- Can’t complete common medical forms: You can’t complete disability requests, DMV forms, FMLA, insurance requests, or service dog requests on LiveHealth Online
- U.S. only: You can only access LiveHealth Online in the United States
- Wait time: You may wait up to 2 weeks to meet with a psychiatrist
If you need immediate access to healthcare at any time of the day or night, LiveHealth Online may be for you.
LiveHealth Online provides 24/7 access to urgent care for common health concerns like allergies, cold, fever, flu, headache, and more. You can also get advice, treatment options, and prescriptions for a child or dependent under 18 years.
In addition to medical care, LiveHealth Online provides psychiatric and psychological care and therapy for select groups. LiveHealth Online doesn’t offer psychiatric care for those under the age of 18. It does offer online psychological therapy for children 10 to 17 years old.
“The number one advantage to telehealth is that it provides better access to therapy, especially for communities who were historically under-resourced,” says Marina Harris, PhD, licensed psychologist and in-house relationship expert for Iris Dating.
“Although most therapists are limited to seeing clients in their state, clients in rural areas can have more access to therapy through telehealth by eliminating the need to travel to be seen in person,” Harris says.
LiveHealth Online services
LiveHealth Online offers a range of care services including allergy, psychiatry, psychology, and medical urgent care. You can also use the LiveHealth Online application in Spanish, and schedule appointments with Spanish-speaking doctors.
An allergy is your body’s natural immune response to a foreign substance called allergens.
According to a 2019 study,
With LiveHealth Online, you can visit a board-certified doctor of adult medicine, emergency medicine, or a family physician for $59 or less depending on your health plan.
You can see a telehealth trained allergy doctor if you have a:
- itchy eyes
- itchy throat
- minor rashes
- nasal congestion
- puffy eyes
- runny nose
- watery eyes
The platform also offers coupons for allergy relief products, an educational guide, and an allergy app to help you keep track of pollen counts in your area.
Anyone with an account can access LiveHealth Online Allergy urgent care.
LiveHealth Online offers psychiatric services for diagnosing and treating behavioral, emotional, and mental health conditions.
LiveHealth Online psychiatrists are board-certified medical doctors who have attended 4 years of medical school, 1 or 2 years of internship training, and more than 3 years of special training as a resident in psychiatry.
Your initial evaluation is $175, and each follow-up visit costs $75. Check to see if LiveHealth Online accepts your insurance — prices may be lower depending on your health plan.
You can talk with a psychiatrist if you’re experiencing symptoms of:
- bipolar disorder
- medication concerns
- obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- panic attacks
- post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
LiveHealth Online psychiatrists can prescribe medication, if necessary. They can also help manage any medication you might be taking.
Adults can access psychiatric care on days, nights, and weekends. It may take up to 14 days to see a psychiatrist.
LiveHealth Online can match you with a licensed psychologist or therapist within a few days. You can talk with a licensed mental health professional about common behavioral health conditions.
Andrea Rosenhaft, LCSW-R, founder of BWellBStrong, shares some key facts about licensed therapists:
- Licensed therapists can be social workers (LCSW’s or licensed clinical social workers) or psychologists (PhD or PsyD).
- Social workers have a master’s degree in social work and psychologists have a doctorate in psychology.
- Only psychologists can perform testing (but not all of them provide this service).
- Neither social workers nor psychologists can prescribe medication.
Whether you see a social worker or a psychologist is a matter of personal preference, Rosenhaft says.
“It’s important to interview several potential therapists, possibly in both disciplines, and learn about their experience and their approach to psychotherapy,” Rosenhaft says. “You can then make a decision about which person you feel the most comfortable with.”
You can see any available therapist for $80 per visit and any psychologist for $95 per visit if you’re experiencing:
- life transitions
- panic attacks
- relationship issues
LiveHealth Online psychologists and therapists don’t prescribe or manage medication. For help with your prescriptions and medication management, talk with psychiatric service professionals.
Psychology services are available to adults and children ages 10 to 17 on days, nights, and weekends.
LiveHealth Online offers urgent care for common health concerns for adults and children. You can meet with a board-certified doctor for $59 or less if you have:
- cold and fever
- minor rashes
- pink eye
- sore throat
- skin infections
- tooth pain
Your child can visit a doctor that treats children under 18 years with LiveHealth Online Medical for Kids. You can access the LiveHealth Online application in Spanish and talk with Spanish-speaking doctors by appointment via Cuidado Médico.
LiveHealth Online doctors don’t manage long-term or chronic conditions. But they can provide you with short-term prescription refills at the discretion of the provider. Your doctor can also prescribe a short-term refill on your existing birth control prescription, if you’re eligible.
Prices range from $0 to $175 per visit depending on the service and your health plan. Please check to see if LiveHealth Online accepts your insurance — some services may cost less.
LiveHealth Online also welcomes those without insurance or a health plan. You can still see a doctor, psychiatrist, psychologist, or therapist for the standard cost.
You can view your bill before you start a visit. Prices are the same day, night, weekend, or holidays. You can pay with Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express debit and credit cards. The price for services are as follows:
- LiveHealthOnline Allergy and LiveHealth Online Medicine: The cost of a video visit is $59 or less per session depending on your health plan.
- LiveHealth Online Psychology: A video visit is $80 for a therapist and $95 for a psychologist, depending on your health plan.
- LiveHealth Online Psychiatry: Video visits are $175 for an initial evaluation and $75 for every follow-up.
LiveHealth Online accepts the following insurance:
- Anthem BCBS Indiana
- Anthem Blue Cross (CA)
- Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Healthcare Solutions
- Anthem Blue Cross Medi Cal
- Anthem Medicaid KY
- Anthem Virginia
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield Georgia
- Blue Medicare Advantage
- BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York
- Clear Health Alliance
- Dell Children’s Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross
- Empire BlueCross BlueShield Health Plan
- HealthLink State of Illinois
- Healthy Blue
- Healthy Blue Northern Carolina
- Medical Mutual of Ohio
- Simply Healthcare Plans FL Healthy Kids
- Simply Healthcare Plans MEDICAID
- Simply Healthcare Plans MEDICARE
You can sign up for LiveHealth Online for free. There are no monthly fees.
To get started with LiveHealth Online, you must provide your legal first name, last name, and date of birth. You’re also required to provide your email address, current state of residency, and gender.
If your insurance is available on the drop-down menu, you can select it.
The insurance and service key fields are optional. You can leave them blank and add them later on your account. A service key is an optional code provided to certain users through their employer offers.
Once you’re ready to find a healthcare professional, select the service that you need. If you need to connect with a doctor urgently, select LiveHealth Online Medical and then click on the green “See Next Provider” button. Then, follow these steps:
- Enter information about who the visit is for (e.g., you or your child) and your phone number.
- Next, you can enter information about your allergies to medication, chronic conditions, whether you’re pregnant. You can also select a pharmacy, and even add an image or video.
- You can view the cost of the visit at the checkout page before the start of the visit, and enter a coupon code.
- You will be matched with a doctor after you complete the payment.
LiveHealth Online doesn’t have a Better Business Bureau profile.
LiveHealth Online has 4.9 out of 5 stars from about 62,000 customer reviews on Apple’s App Store.
One user says it was easy to install the app and set up an account. The user says: “The doctor was extremely kind, helpful, and professional… This will definitely be my go-to option for nonemergency medical care.”
The customer reviews on Trustpilot, on the other hand, tell a different story about canceled appointments, long waits, and poor service. LiveHealth Online’s Trustpilot rating is 1.4 out of 5 stars from 316 customer reviews.
A LiveHealth Online user says on Trustpilot that the service before the pandemic was “pretty awesome,” highlighting the punctuality of the visits and the absence of technical issues. But since the pandemic, the user notes the service is “terrible” with rescheduled appointments without prior notification, long waits, and technical problems.
You can request a refund at any time when you call LiveHealth Online customer service by phone at 1-888-LiveHealth (1-88-548-3432). Customer service is available by phone 24/7.
I spent the better part of 2 hours on the phone with various customer service agents to overview the LiveHealth Online products. I was usually connected within 5 minutes to a helpful, kind representative.
Does LiveHealth Online take insurance?
Yes. LiveHealth Online accepts Amerigroup, Anthem Blue Cross, Healthy Blue, among many others.
Does LiveHealth Online offer discounts?
Yes. LiveHealth Online accepts coupons. You can lower your cost per visit depending on your health plan.
Is LiveHealth Online easy to use?
Yes. You can download the LiveHealth Online application and create an account in minutes.
Is LiveHealth Online free?
You can sign-up for free and there are no monthly charges. The cost of a visit can cost up to $175, depending on your health insurance plan.
Can I use Livehealth Online for any health needs?
No. If you’re experiencing an emergency, please call 911.
Can LiveHealth Online prescribe medication?
Yes. Your LiveHealth Online doctor can prescribe you medication and send prescriptions electronically to the pharmacy you select. There are, however, a number of medications, such as muscle relaxants and weight loss drugs, that LiveHealth Online doctors can’t prescribe.
Can LiveHealth Online refill a birth control prescription?
Yes. Your doctor can prescribe a short-term refill for your existing birth control prescription if you’re eligible.
LiveHealth Online is a telemedicine service that’s available 24/7. It offers healthcare services for your allergy, medical, and mental health needs.
You can easily access care when you need services after hours, or when your primary doctor is not available.
You can use the service whether you’re insured, and apply discounts via coupons.
As with any other telehealth service, LiveHealth Online isn’t for emergencies. If you’re experiencing a health emergency, please call 911. If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health crisis, you can call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.