We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission Here’s our process.
Healthline only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
Humidifiers can add moisture to the air, which may help to treat allergies, ease symptoms of respiratory conditions, and
Levoit offers a popular brand of humidifiers. Read on to learn more about Levoit humidifiers as well as tips for how to use and buy a humidifier.
Levoit, along with brands Etekcity and Cosori, is part of the Vesync company, which was founded in 2012 with a mission to design intelligent devices that enhance quality of life, promote healthy living, and increase connectedness.
Each brand designs and manufactures small home appliances, and each of their smart products connects to the VeSync app, which allows you to control the device and access customer support.
Levoit, in particular, makes a variety of home environment appliances, including humidifiers, air purifiers, and air filters. The company also sells cordless vacuums, essential oil diffusers, and Himalayan salt lamps.
Levoit humidifiers range in price from around $25 to $125. This is similar to products of comparable quality from competing brands.
Levoit products come with a 1-year limited warranty that covers defects or malfunction due to materials or workmanship. You can extend the 1-year warranty for an additional year by registering your product on the company’s website within 14 days of purchase.
Levoit has a collection of humidifiers, including the following:
- Classic 100 Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
- Classic 150 Mini Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
- Classic 200 Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
- Classic 200S Smart Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
- Classic 300S Smart Ultrasonic Top-Fill Cool Mist Humidifier
- Dual 100 Ultrasonic Top-Fill Cool Mist 2-in-1 Humidifier & Diffuser
- LV600HH Hybrid Ultrasonic Humidifier
How Levoit humidifiers work
Levoit ultrasonic humidifiers use high-frequency sound waves to create a cool mist that adds moisture to indoor living spaces. The smallest models are compact, lightweight, and portable. The larger models can accommodate bigger spaces and run for up to 60 hours at a time. Some of the humidifiers are equipped with an essential oil diffuser.
Levoit smart humidifiers connect to the VeSync app, which syncs with Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant to allow for voice control. You can use the VeSync app to control features like timers, schedules, and mist levels.
The popular Levoit LV600HH Hybrid Ultrasonic Humidifier features a 1.5-gallon (6-liter) tank and can run up to 36 hours at a time in large rooms up to 753 square feet (70 square meters).
This humidifier has a rotating nozzle to distribute warm or cool mist evenly around the room. The device features a built-in sensor that automatically adjusts the humidity level. You can also use the touch control panel or remote to set a timer for up to 12 hours or control the humidity and mist levels.
The humidifier comes with an essential oil diffuser and a night-light. It also gives you the option to turn off the LED display light, which might be useful when you want to sleep. The device shuts off automatically when it runs out of water.
In addition, the water tank has a wide opening, which helps with cleaning, and the device comes with a cleaning brush.
A few negative customer reviews report that the Levoit LV600HH humidifier stopped working after a few months. Other customers mention that the water tank is poorly designed and difficult to fill.
Keep in mind that when in use, the humidifier is meant to be placed on a table or shelf a few feet off the ground. This helps prevent mist from collecting on the floor.
Levoit smart humidifiers pair with the VeSync app, which has an App Store rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars and a Google Play rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars. You still can manually control all of Levoit’s smart humidifiers.
Note that the Levoit LV600HH Hybrid Ultrasonic Humidifier is not compatible with the VeSync app.
Customers have mostly positive things to say about the app, remarking that it’s easy to use. Users say they enjoy using the app to control and monitor the various humidifier settings even if they’re not home.
A few complain that the app only works with 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi bandwidth and that there are too many advertisements.
You can purchase Levoit humidifiers on the official Levoit website or from third-party retailers, including:
However, each retailer carries different Levoit humidifiers, which may be a drawback if you want to compare models. To add to the confusion, the retailers sometimes use different names to list the models.
Levoit offers a 30-day return or replacement policy for all products bought directly from them. If you receive a defective or incorrect order, Levoit will replace or exchange the item. Levoit will repair products that are defective due to manufacturer flaws during the warranty period.
To return or replace a product, get in touch with the Levoit customer service team via email or telephone. They will issue you a return shipping label and return material authorization (RMA) number, which will be valid for 15 days. You must return the product in its original packaging and include a copy of the invoice or order confirmation.
Overall, online customer reviews report satisfaction with the quality and effectiveness of Levoit humidifiers. Users report improved air quality and relief from common ailments like bloody noses, dry skin, and sinus congestion.
Among the negative customer reviews, complaints relate to shipping delays, humidifiers that stopped working after a short time, and inaccurate humidity sensors. A few reviews point out that it’s not easy to clean some of the devices. Several customers report that the water tanks leak, chip, and crack.
Levoit has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. Based on eight reviews, Levoit has a Trustpilot rating of 3.2 out of 5 stars, which is considered average.
- high quality, effective products
- competitive range of prices
- sleek, modern designs
- available in a range of sizes
- runs quietly
- some customers say the device stopped working a short time after purchase
- humidity sensors may be inaccurate
- online retailers carry different models, which makes comparing the devices difficult
- humidifiers require frequent cleaning
When buying or using a humidifier, take the following tips into account:
- Consider your needs. Decide which features you prefer and the size of the room you plan to humidify. If noise is a concern, select a model that runs as quietly as possible. Choose a smart humidifier if app connectivity is important to you.
- Choose a trusted brand. Buy a humidifier from a brand that has a good reputation when it comes to product quality, customer service, and return or warranty policies. Look for a company that has a website with product information and customer reviews. Ideally, you will be able to search the reviews for keywords and arrange them by rating.
- Clean it regularly. To prevent the growth of bacteria and mold, follow the manufacturer’s instructions outlining how to care for and clean the humidifier. This may involve disinfecting and removing scale, depositions, or mold. Replace absorbent or aroma pads when necessary.
- Use bottled water. To keep your humidifier clean, use distilled or purified bottled water, which has a lower mineral content than tap water.
- Use caution with warm mist humidifiers. Warm mist humidifiers use boiling water to produce steam. The devices pose a burn risk if they tip or leak, especially for babies and children. Use a cool mist humidifier in children’s rooms. If you use a warm mist humidifier in another area of your home, position the device in a safe place and refrain from using it for longer than the recommended time.
If the air in your house is dry and you want to add moisture, a humidifier is a worthy investment. It can help improve the health and comfort of your home and your sleep quality. Humidifiers might also relieve dry skin, eczema, and irritated sinuses.
Overall, Levoit has a good reputation and provides humidifiers at affordable prices. The Levoit LV600HH Hybrid Ultrasonic Humidifier may be a good choice if you want to humidify a large area and want cool and warm mist options. Levoit also offers several smaller, less expensive humidifiers that are ideal for smaller spaces.