We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
Healthline only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
Mounjaro is a medication that may help with weight loss management. Here’s what you need to know about purchasing it without insurance.
Because some people may lose weight while on Mounjaro, it can be used as a weight management option. However, it’s not approved for use as a weight loss medication, so your insurance company may not cover the costs.
Here’s everything you need to know about how much Mounjaro costs without insurance and where you can get it online.
- Plushcare | Skip to review ($900–$1,400 for a 30-day supply; $129 for the first visit without insurance, plus $14.99 monthly or $99 yearly subscription costs)
- Calibrate | Skip to review ($900–$1,400 for a 30-day supply, $1,750 for the Metabolic Reset program)
- Noom Med | Skip to review ($900–$1,400 for a 30-day supply, plus additional subscription fees)
- Everlywell | Skip to review ($900–$1,400 for a 30-day supply, plus $99 to $139 per month)
- Amazon Pharmacy | Skip to review ($1,057 for a 28-day supply, $3,071 for an 84-day supply)
Mounjaro is the brand name version of tirzepatide, an injectable prescription medication commonly used to help treat type 2 diabetes. The medication may also be prescribed off-label as a weight loss medication for obesity.
When GIP goes up, it stimulates the beta cells in the pancreas to produce more insulin. GLP-1 also triggers insulin secretion and helps
Yes, you can buy Mounjaro without insurance, but you will need a prescription from your doctor for the medication.
It’s important to know that Mounjaro is not for everyone. Before buying or trying it, talk with your healthcare professional to ensure it’s the right option for you.
- Price: $129 for the first visit, plus $14.99 monthly or $99 yearly subscription costs. Mounjaro is billed separately through your pharmacy and can range from $900–$1,400 per month.
- How it works: You will have an initial consultation with a doctor to determine if Mounjaro is right for you. If eligible, your doctor will call in a prescription to the pharmacy of your choice.
PlushCare is a telehealth company that specializes in general healthcare, mental health, and therapy services. If you’re interested in receiving a prescription for Mounjaro, the first step is to book an appointment with a healthcare professional who can determine if it’s right for you.
You’ll start by answering a few questions about your medical history and providing information like your height and weight. If PlushCare determines you’re a candidate for Mounjaro based on these answers, you’ll be prompted to go forward with booking an appointment time.
The cost of this appointment depends on which healthcare professional you choose and where you live. Some states offer cost breaks if you’re paying without insurance.
However, it typically costs $129 for initial visits, then $14.99 per month or $99 per year for a membership to the service. If you’re prescribed Mounjaro, you’ll have to pay separately for the medication. This can cost an additional $900–$1,400 per month.
PlushCare healthcare professionals can call in a prescription for you, but they don’t fill and send the prescriptions directly.
- access to a healthcare team who can monitor you while you’re taking the medication
- may get discounted pricing on the subscription if not covered by insurance
- requires a subscription in addition to monthly prescription costs
- Price: $1,750 for the Metabolic Reset program, plus the cost of medication, which can range from $900–$1,400 for a 30-day supply
- How it works: You meet with a doctor who determines if you’re eligible to receive Mounjaro for weight loss. If you are, you’ll get a prescription that you can fill at the pharmacy of your choice.
Calibrate is a weight loss program that includes access to Mounjaro if deemed eligible by your healthcare team. The program includes a 30-minute video chat with a doctor, one-on-one biweekly video coaching sessions, and a holistic program that offers recommendations around food, sleep, exercise, and mental health.
You can access everything through the company’s app, which has various tracking tools and check-in points.
The Calibrate program costs $1,752 without insurance. This doesn’t include the price of the medication, which typically costs about $900–$1,400 for a 1-month supply.
Calibrate says that many insurance plans cover Mounjaro, and if yours doesn’t, you may be eligible for a total program refund minus the initial $250 assessment fee. Calibrate will also refund the cost of your program if you don’t successfully lose 10% of your body weight.
Calibrate doesn’t send Mounjaro directly to you, but a healthcare professional can give you a prescription that you can take to your preferred pharmacy.
- ongoing weight loss support and monitoring
- comes with a money-back guarantee
- expensive program fee that doesn’t include the cost of medication
- Price: $49 per month, plus the cost of the medication, which typically costs $900–$1,400 per month
- How it works: You’ll meet with a physician or nurse practitioner who will determine if a prescription is right for you. To qualify, you need to have a BMI of 30 or greater, or 27 or greater with an accompanying weight-related condition.
Noom Med is a weight loss program specifically designed for those with a BMI of 30 or higher, or those with a BMI of at least 27 with a weight-related medical condition. The program starts with an evaluation by a board certified physician or nurse practitioner who will dig into your medical history and order comprehensive lab work to design a program for you.
Your personalized program will center around diet and lifestyle changes, but it may also include weight loss medications like Mounjaro.
While your healthcare professional can prescribe the medication for you, Noom Med doesn’t fill prescriptions directly. If your healthcare team determines that medication is a good option for you, they’ll help you fill the prescription and any subsequent refills.
Noom Med costs $49 per month and doesn’t include the cost of the medication, which will add another $900–$1,400 to your monthly bill if not covered by your insurance.
- comprehensive assessment to determine if medication is right for you
- includes a holistic weight loss plan, in addition to medication
- requires a recurring monthly subscription in addition to medication costs
- Price: $900–$1,400 for prescription, plus $99–$139 per month
- How it works: You’ll meet with a healthcare professional to discuss your goals and figure out if you’re a candidate for Mounjaro. This will require additional lab testing that may not be covered by insurance.
Everlywell used to only specialize in at-home testing kits, but the company has since expanded into various telehealth options. Now, they offer Mounjaro as part of their Weight Care+ program.
You can sign up for a 3-month trial option, which costs $139 per month, or a 1-year program, which is $99 per month. These subscription fees cover regular visits with a healthcare professional and an Everlywell test or supplement every quarter. You’ll also get lifestyle support from an Everlywell professional to help with your weight loss journey.
Access to a Mounjaro prescription is included in these subscription costs, but if you get a prescription, you will have to fill it elsewhere and pay for it separately. The company estimates that prescription costs will range from $900–$1,400 per month, depending on where you get it.
Keep in mind that not everyone who signs up for the program gets a prescription for Mounjaro. You’ll work with a doctor who will decide if you’re a candidate. This might include additional lab testing that’s not covered by your insurance.
- monthly subscription fee includes regular one-on-one care with a healthcare professional
- Mounjaro is only prescribed to candidates who qualify via lab testing
- the company doesn’t sell Mounjaro; you have to get a prescription filled at a pharmacy of your choice
- Price: $1,057 for a 28-day supply or $3,071 for an 84-day supply
- How it works: You can order directly through Amazon Pharmacy as long as you have an active prescription that you can transfer over.
Amazon Pharmacy is an online drugstore, not a weight loss program. You can’t make an appointment with a doctor or get a prescription through the company, but if you have an existing prescription, you can use it to order Mounjaro through the site.
There are two options: a 28-day supply or an 84-day supply. Without insurance, the 28-day supply costs $1,057, while the 84-day supply is $3,071. Regardless of which you choose, you’ll get free 2-day delivery if you’re a Prime member. If not, you can expect your package to arrive in about 4–5 days.
- can order directly through the site with a prescription
- Prime members get free 2-day shipping
- unable to talk with a healthcare professional or get a prescription through the site
|PlushCare||$900–$1,400 for prescription, plus $1,750 for a year of the Metabolic Reset program||You will have an initial consultation with a doctor to determine if Mounjaro is right for you; if eligible, your doctor will call in a prescription to the pharmacy of your choice.||determined by physician during consultation|
|Calibrate||$900–$1,400 for prescription, plus $129 for the first visit and $14.99 monthly or $99 yearly subscription costs||If a doctor deems that you’re eligible for Mounjaro for weight loss, you’ll get a prescription that you can fill at the pharmacy of your choice.||determined by physician during consultation|
|Noom Med||$900–$1,400 for prescription, plus $49 per month and $169+ for base subscription||You’ll meet with a physician or nurse practitioner who will determine if a prescription is right for you. |
You must have a BMI of 30 or greater, or 27 or greater with an accompanying weight-related condition to qualify.
|determined by physician during consultation|
|Everlywell||$900–$1,400 for prescription, plus $99–$139 per month||You’ll meet with a healthcare professional to discuss your goals and figure out if you’re a candidate for Mounjaro. This will require additional lab testing that may not be covered by insurance.||determined by physician during consultation|
|Amazon Pharmacy||$1,057 for a 28-day supply or $3,071 for an 84-day supply||You can order directly through Amazon Pharmacy as long as you have an active prescription that you can transfer.||2.5 or 5 milligrams|
The price depends on where you purchase the medication, but you can expect to pay about $900–$1,400 per month for Mounjaro without insurance.
As long as you’re buying Mounjaro from a reputable online pharmacy, it’s safe to purchase online. Before purchasing any medications, make sure the pharmacy is well established and highly rated.
Do not purchase Mounjaro or any other prescription-only medication from an online pharmacy that does not require you to show proof of an active prescription.
The pros and cons of buying Mounjaro online
- Shipments come right to your door without the need for travel.
- You may be able to get some discounts if you purchase through bulk pharmacies, such as Amazon Pharmacy.
- Shipments typically arrive in just a few business days.
- You may have to deal with prescription transfers yourself.
- It requires more research to ensure you’re purchasing from a reputable pharmacy.
There aren’t a lot of ways to save money on Mounjaro if you’re purchasing out of pocket, though you do have some options. Online pharmacies that handle a lot of orders, such as Amazon Pharmacy, may have better pricing, especially if the service requires a subscription, like Amazon Prime.
Some pharmacies may also offer bulk discounts if you’re willing to pay more up front. For example, if you purchase an 84-day supply instead of a 28-day supply through Amazon, you’ll save about $30 per month on the total prescription costs.
Mounjaro is currently only available as the brand-name option, so you can’t purchase a generic version at the moment.
Why is Mounjaro not covered by insurance?
Mounjaro is currently approved by the FDA as a medication for diabetes, not weight loss. Because of this, many insurance companies may not cover it solely for weight loss purposes.
What is the average cost of Mounjaro?
Without insurance, Mounjaro typically costs about $900–$1,400 per month. You may be able to save some money if you purchase in bulk or through Amazon Pharmacy.
What is the cheaper alternative for Mounjaro?
Ozempic and Wegovy are two alternatives that are often used in place of Mounjaro. While they’re not cheap per se, they may be less expensive than Mounjaro depending on where you get them. Ozempic typically costs about $900 per month without insurance, while Wegovy can cost up to $1,300.
Is there a generic for Mounjaro?
There is currently no generic version of Mounjaro. If you want this medication, you’ll have to pay for the name-brand version.
If your insurance doesn’t cover Mounjaro, you’ll pay about $900–$1,400 out of pocket for a monthly supply of the medication.
You can purchase the medication with a prescription through some online pharmacies, or you can sign up for a more comprehensive weight loss program. If you choose the latter, you may also have to pay a monthly or yearly subscription fee for regular access to the service.