We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
Healthline only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
For those looking for firmer options in the mattress department, both Titan mattress models can do more than hold their own. Here’s our full, in-depth review.
Depending on sleeping position, preference, and body weight, the right mattress can vary greatly from person to person. In some cases, having a higher body weight can make even a firm mattress feel soft.
The Titan mattress by Brooklyn Bedding is made for people with more weight. The brand offers two options, including firm and medium firm to suit different sleep styles.
Below, we dive into the pros and cons of both Titan offerings and take an in-depth look at Brooklyn Bedding as a company.
Here’s a look at the pros and cons of the Titan mattresses by Brooklyn Bedding.
- Designed for people with more weight: The extra-firm mattress is made for people weighing over 230 pounds.
- Excellent edge support: The edges, or sides of the bed, hold up like the rest of the mattress. This is great news if you usually sleep close to the edge of your bed, or if you tend to sit on the edges of your bed.
- Motion isolation: The hybrid mattress helps prevent motion transfer from disturbing you or your partner during the night.
- Durability: The thick design of the Titan means that it provides support and durability for people up to 550 pounds (or 1,100 pounds for two people).
- Easy returns: You’ll get to try the mattress for up to 120 nights. If it’s not for you, Brooklyn Bedding will work with you to find a solution — whether that’s a full return or providing you with add-ons to help you sleep more comfortably.
- Not great for side sleepers: For people who sleep on their side, the ultra-firm mattress may create, rather than relieve, pressure points.
- Not for people who want a soft mattress: This is a firm mattress. It won’t satisfy sleepers who prefer a plusher sleep surface.
- Some reviewers complain that the luxe model lacks edge support: They also remark that it doesn’t isolate movement very well.
Despite the thick, durable design, the Titan mattress is an affordable mattress option for those with more body weight. Here’s a breakdown of the different prices for each mattress model and size:
|Titan Plus Luxe Hybrid
|Split California king
|$799 per side
|$974 per side
You can also add a cooling top panel to your mattress for $125.
Brooklyn Bedding frequently offers discounts on their mattress products, including the Titan.
Brooklyn Bedding has a Better Business Bureau (BBB) rating of A+ and is BBB accredited. There are a handful of complaints on the BBB website — mostly to do with shipping issues. A few people note having issues making warranty claims. All appear to have been answered by the company.
There don’t appear to be any recent or pending lawsuits having to do with customer service or product quality issues.
Reviews of the Titan mattress are generally positive. Customers love that the mattress is firm enough to support people with more weight. Many reviewers also say that their sleep improved while using the Titan.
On the flip side, there are a handful of BBB complaints about shipping issues. One customer says that the mattress arrived at the wrong address and without a box.
The Titan mattress should arrive compressed and in a box. The Titan ships free to the contiguous United States via FedEx. However, it might take longer for you to get your hands on your new mattress because of the ongoing pandemic.
There is a shipping fee for mattresses going to Alaska or Hawaii. They also ship the Titan mattress to Canada for a $250 fee.
Most mattresses that contain foam do have a little bit of a chemical smell at first. However, many reviewers say that upon arrival, the Titan’s off-gassing smell was barely noticeable. Some even say that there wasn’t any odor at all.
Brooklyn Bedding return policy
You can try a Titan mattress out for 120 nights. It can take some time to get used to a new mattress, so you have to wait at least 30 days before starting the return or exchange process.
In reviews, customers who returned the mattress say that the experience was hassle-free.
If the Titan isn’t quite what you’re looking for, Brooklyn Bedding also has other mattresses to consider.
- If you’re a side sleeper who wants pressure relief, try the Brooklyn Bedding Bloom Hybrid.
- If you prefer the feel of an all-foam mattress, try the Dreamfoam by Brooklyn Bedding Elements Latex.
- If you want an eco-friendly, flippable mattress, try the Brooklyn Bedding EcoSleep Hybrid.
- If you want a firm, cooling mattress, try the Brooklyn Bedding Aurora Hybrid.
Here’s a quick overview of some other mattresses designed for sleepers with more body weight.
|The Big Fig
– edge support
– 120-night sleep trial
– 20-year warranty
|supports 550 pounds per sleeper
|Saatva HD Mattress
|– organic materials
– natural latex
– 180-night trial
– 20-year warranty
|– not compatible with all bases
– works with the Saatva HD base
|– CertiPUR-US certified
– edge support
– 100-night trial
– 15-year warranty
|supports 500 pounds per sleeper
|The WinkBed Plus
|plus is the firmest option
|– motion isolation
– back support
– 120-night trial
– lifetime warranty
|supports sleepers over 250 pounds
|Purple Hybrid Premier
|starts at $2,999
|medium-soft or soft
|– breathable gel foam
– 100-night trial
– 10-year warranty
|supports up to 600 pounds total
How do I know this is the best mattress for me?
If you’re a heavier sleeper who craves the feel of a firm surface, the Titan Firm Hybrid is a great pick. If you prefer a slightly softer feel, the Titan Luxe offers support and durability with a plush feel.
The firmer surface of the Firm Hybrid offers maximum density, which delivers superior durability for anyone who prefers a firm bed. Back and stomach sleepers specifically may enjoy the support of a firm mattress, regardless of their body weight, while side sleepers may find it too hard and wake up with aches and pains.
When should I invest in a new mattress?
Most mattresses start to reach the end of their lifespan around 8 to 10 years. That’s why most mattress warranties don’t typically go beyond 10 years.
If I lose weight, should I look into another mattress?
That depends. Does your mattress feel uncomfortable now that you have less weight? If you’re a side sleeper, a harder mattress may dig into your hips and shoulders.
But unless you’re noticing a significant dip in sleep quality, you’re not required to make the switch.
Brooklyn Bedding offers something for every type of sleeper. The Titan mattress is one of the only bed-in-a-box mattresses specifically designed for people with more weight.
With reviewers calling it supportive, comfortable, and extremely durable, it’s a solid option for those in the mattress market.
Steph Coelho is a freelance writer with chronic migraine who has a particular interest in health and wellness. When she’s not click-clacking away on her keyboard, she’s probably nose-deep in a good book.