We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
Mattress firmness can vary a lot. It can depend on your sleeping position, personal preference, and body weight. If you have more weight, you might have trouble finding a sleeping surface that feels just right. In some cases, having a higher body weight can make even a firm mattress feel soft.
The Titan mattress by Brooklyn Bedding is made for people with more weight. Below, we dive into the Titan’s pros and cons and take an in-depth look at Brooklyn Bedding as a company.
Here’s a look at the pros and cons of the Titan mattress by Brooklyn Bedding.
- Designed for people with more weight. The extra-firm mattress is made for people weighing over 230 pounds.
- Excellent edge support. The edges, or sides of the bed, hold up like the rest of the mattress. This is great news if you usually sleep close to the edge of your bed, or if you tend to sit on the edges of your bed.
- Motion isolation. The hybrid mattress helps prevent motion transfer from disturbing you or your partner during the night.
- Durability. The thick design of the Titan means that it provides support and durability for people up to 550 pounds (or 1,100 pounds for two people).
- Easy returns. You’ll get to try the mattress for up to 120 nights. If it’s not for you, Brooklyn Bedding will work with you to find a solution — whether that’s a full return or providing you with add-ons to help you sleep more comfortably.
- Not ideal for side sleepers. For people who sleep on their side, the ultra-firm mattress may create, rather than relieve, pressure points.
- Not for people who want a soft mattress. This is a firm mattress. It won’t satisfy sleepers who prefer a plusher sleep surface.
Despite the thick, durable design, the Titan Firm Hybrid mattress is an affordable mattress option for those with more body weight. Here’s a breakdown of the different prices for each mattress size:
|Split California king||$749 per side|
You can also add a cooling top panel to your mattress for $250.
The Titan is a firm hybrid mattress intended for sleepers weighing over 230 pounds. Because it’s so firm, it’s ideal for people who sleep on their stomach or back. Some people may find the mattress too hard for side sleeping.
The foam materials in the Titan mattress are CertiPUR-US certified, meaning they meet safety standards for chemical emissions. The mattress is made in the United States.
Reviewers agree that the Titan is very supportive and doesn’t sag over time like other flimsier models. Some customers who bought the optional cooling top say it really keeps them cool.
Back and stomach sleepers say they love the firmness of the mattress, and people with chronic pain say the Titan helps reduce back pain. Less-than-satisfied reviewers mostly say the mattress is too hard for them, especially if they sleep on their side. If you have your heart set on a soft, plush sleeping surface, the Titan isn’t the model for you.
Brooklyn Bedding frequently offers discounts on their mattress products, including the Titan.
Brooklyn Bedding has a Better Business Bureau (BBB) rating of A+ but is not BBB accredited. There are a handful of complaints on the BBB website — mostly to do with shipping issues. All appear to have been answered by the company.
There don’t appear to be any recent or pending lawsuits having to do with customer service or product quality issues.
Reviews of the Titan mattress are generally positive. Customers love that the mattress is firm enough to support people with more weight. Many reviewers also say that their sleep improved while using the Titan.
On the flip side, there are a handful of BBB complaints about shipping issues. One customer says that the mattress arrived at the wrong address and without a box.
The Titan mattress should arrive compressed and in a box. The Titan ships free to the contiguous United States via FedEx. However, it might take longer for you to get your hands on your new mattress because of the ongoing pandemic.
There is a shipping fee for mattresses going to Alaska or Hawaii. They also ship the Titan mattress to Canada for a $250 fee.
Most mattresses that contain foam do have a little bit of a chemical smell at first. However, many reviewers say that upon arrival, the Titan’s off-gassing smell was barely noticeable. Some even say that there wasn’t any odor at all.
You can try the Titan mattress out for 120 nights. It can take some time to get used to a new mattress, so you have to wait at least 30 days before starting the return or exchange process.
In reviews, customers who returned the mattress say that the experience was hassle-free.
If the Titan isn’t quite what you’re looking for, Brooklyn Bedding also has other mattresses to consider.
- If you’re a side sleeper who wants pressure relief, try the Brooklyn Bedding Bloom Hybrid.
- If you prefer the feel of an all-foam mattress, try the Dreamfoam by Brooklyn Bedding Elements Latex.
- If you want an eco-friendly, flippable mattress, try the Brooklyn Bedding EcoSleep Hybrid.
- If you want a firm, cooling mattress, try the Brooklyn Bedding Aurora Hybrid.
Brooklyn Bedding offers something for everyone. The super firm Titan mattress is one of the only bed-in-a-box mattresses specifically designed for people with more weight. Reviewers say that it’s supportive, comfortable, and extremely durable.
Steph Coelho is a freelance writer with chronic migraine who has a particular interest in health and wellness. When she’s not click-clacking away on her keyboard, she’s probably nose-deep in a good book.