We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission Here’s our process.
Healthline only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
Memory foam mattresses have risen in popularity in recent years. They conform to your body and help reduce pressure in unwanted areas.
Many premium foam mattresses can cost you and arm and a leg, but Saatva’s Loom & Leaf Mattress gives you a premium feel at a lower price.
Made from what Saatva says is eco-friendly foam, it’s designed to provide cooling comfort, and support for a great night’s rest.
Keep reading to learn more about the Loom & Leaf Mattress, so you can decide if it’s the right fit for you.
Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of the Saatva Loom & Leaf Mattress.
- Pressure-point relief. The multiple layers of high density foam contour to your body and offer stable support.
- Cool comfort and back support. The breathable, gel-infused foam is designed for a cool night’s sleep while providing extra support for your lower back.
- Non-toxic materials. The hypoallergenic, antimicrobial, and Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certified organic cotton cover and the CertiPUR-US certified foams mean you’re breathing in fewer harmful chemicals. The flame barrier is also non-toxic.
- Easy returns and warranty. You can try out the Loom & Leaf Mattress for 180 nights. If you decide it’s not the right fit, Saatva will refund your money or help you exchange it for a different mattress. It also comes with a 15-year non-prorated warranty.
- Great for almost any sleeping position. The all-foam composition of the Loom & Leaf Mattress allows for side, back, stomach, and combination sleepers to get a good night’s rest.
- Not for people who prefer soft mattresses. The Loom & Leaf Mattress has a dense memory foam feel, but it only comes in two levels of firmness: relaxed firm and firm. Some reviewers note that even the relaxed firm is too firm for them. If you’re looking for a soft or plush mattress, this might not be for you.
- Doesn’t have the best edge support. According to tests done by Slumber Yard, Healthline’s sister site, the Loom & Leaf doesn’t offer the best edge support. When you roll over to the side, you may notice some compression.
- Shipping and delivery delays. Saatva crafts their mattresses to order. So delivery of the mattress can take longer than expected.
Here’s a breakdown of pricing for each size of the Saatva Loom & Leaf Mattress:
- twin: $899
- twin XL: $1,199
- full: $1,199
- queen: $1,799
- king: $2,099
- split king: $2,398
- California king: $2,099
- split California king: $2,476
For an additional cost, you can also add a mattress pad and hypoallergenic pillows to your purchase.
Crafted in the United States, the Loom & Leaf Mattress has four layers:
- a quilted organic cotton cover
- cooling gel-infused foam
- 5 pounds of memory foam
- a high-density foam base
The foams are all CertiPUR-US certified, meaning they meet safety standards for content, chemical emissions, and durability.
The Loom & Leaf Mattress comes in two levels of firmness: relaxed firm and firm. According to Slumber Yard, the firmer option is best for stomach sleepers and those with higher body weights. The firmness of the foam makes it feel like you’re floating on top of the mattress rather than sinking into it.
The relaxed firm option is the most popular option, however, because it suits all sleeping positions.
Both options feature gel-infused foam, which is designed to provide a cooling night’s rest and lower back support.
Saatva says the Loom & Leaf Mattress is great for any sleeping position, regardless of the firmness level you choose. Reviewers of the Loom & Leaf agree that it provides body support and cooling relief after only a few nights of sleep.
You can buy the Loom & Leaf Mattress through the Saatva website. Saatva doesn’t sell their mattress through third-party retailers.
Saatva offers discounts throughout the year on their mattresses, including the Loom & Leaf. They give a $225 discount to active military, veterans, nurses, and teachers. They also offer occasional discounts through their email newsletter.
Though it can work well for any sleeping position, stomach and back sleepers may like the Loom & Leaf best due to the firmness.
However, some reviewers who bought the firm version of the Loom & Leaf had to exchange their mattress for the relaxed firm version. If you’re looking for a soft or plush mattress, the Loom & Leaf might not be the right choice for you.
In testing, Slumber Yard says the Loom & Leaf passed their motion isolation tests easily. The mattress stops movement, meaning you won’t feel the movement of another person sleeping next to you. It may be a good choice if you sleep with a partner.
Slumber Yard also says that the Loom & Leaf provides a cooler sleep compared to other memory foam beds. This is due to the cooling gel panel on the top layer of the mattress. That means it may be ideal if you sleep hot.
The Saatva Zenhaven Latex Mattress is another option to consider if you like the feel of foam but still want something springy. It’s flippable, with one side feeling plusher and the other side feeling more like a true medium firm.
Saatva has a Better Business Bureau (BBB) rating of A+ and has been accredited since 2011.
Though it has an average of 4.8 out of 5 stars on BBB, there are still some customer complaints. These mostly have to do with shipping and delivery delays. All complaints appear to have been resolved by the company.
Saatva has no recent or pending lawsuits related to consumer safety, nor do they have any recent safety recalls.
Saatva’s website states that their mattresses are composed of GOTS certified organic cotton and CertiPUR-US certified foam, and they say that all of their mattresses are manufactured in the United States.
Most reviews on the Saatva website about the Loom & Leaf Mattress are positive. Most reviewers compliment Saatva for their exceptional customer service.
However, some customers reference shipping and delivery delays. Customers who had problems with their mattress or were not satisfied claim to have had their problems resolved in a timely manner.
Saatva offers free white-glove delivery for the Loom & Leaf Mattress. They’ll set up the mattress in whatever room you choose. They’ll also take your old mattress and foundation away at your request (just select this option at checkout).
The delivery time frame isn’t listed on the Saatva website, but we contacted customer service to find out. They said it takes 3–4 weeks on average.
The day before your delivery date, Saatva will call you with a 4-hour window to ensure you can receive your mattress. There’s no cancellation fee in case you can’t be there. A dispatcher will call you and reschedule your delivery as soon as possible.
If your mattress is damaged or incorrect, you can send it back with the delivery drivers and a new one will be delivered to you.
All Saatva mattresses come with a 180-night sleep trial, giving you plenty of time to see if this is the right mattress for you. If you aren’t satisfied at any point during the 180-night trial, give Saatva a call.
They’ll pick up the mattress from you and refund your money. You’re only responsible for a $99 labor and gas fee.
Saatva also offers a non-prorated 15-year warranty. If any defects come up in the first 2 years, they’ll replace your mattress with a new one at no additional cost to you.
After 2 years, and if your mattress is still within the warranty period, Saatva will repair or replace it for a transportation charge of $99 each way.
The Loom & Leaf Mattress is an affordable luxury memory foam mattress ideal for stomach and back sleepers. It’s best for people who like a firm feel.
Some customers complain that the Loom & Leaf Mattress has shipping and delivery delays, but overall, customers appreciate Saatva’s customer service and the quality of their mattress.