We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission Here’s our process.
Healthline only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
Hybrid mattresses offer a combination of both coils and foam. They’re a good choice for those who prefer the support of coils but want to enjoy the buoyancy and comfort of foam.
The Brooklyn Bedding Bloom Hybrid is a bed-in-a-box hybrid mattress made with natural Talalay latex and individually encased coils. Find out the pros and cons of the Bloom Hybrid as well as information about Brooklyn Bedding below.
Here’s a quick look at the mattress’s pros and cons.
- Supportive firmness. Brooklyn Bedding rates the Bloom Hybrid mattress a medium on their firmness scale. It can work for a variety of sleeping styles.
- Comfortable top. On top of the latex layer is a quilted Joma wool and organic cotton topper. Brooklyn Bedding designed it to keep you cool while wicking moisture.
- Works for many sizes and body types. All Brooklyn Bedding mattresses, including the Bloom Hybrid, are designed to support up to 950 pounds.
- Generous return policy. Brooklyn Bedding’s 120-night risk-free trial includes free shipping and returns.
- Too soft for some. If you prefer a firm mattress with little-to-no responsiveness, the Bloom Hybrid may feel too soft.
- Temperature neutral. While the mattress has a moisture wicking top, it doesn’t have any cooling materials, like gel foam. If you’re looking for a mattress that actively cools you, this might not be the best choice.
Prices for the Bloom Hybrid mattress are pretty typical for a bed-in-a-box hybrid mattress.
|split California king||$1,299 per side|
The Bloom Hybrid mattress is made up of four layers: a wool and organic top, 3 inches of Talalay latex, 8 inches of coils, and 1 inch of high-density foam.
The latex used in the mattress is natural and comes from rubber trees. “Talalay” refers to the method used to process and create the latex.
Brooklyn Bedding says their latex is OEKO-TEX Standard 100 class 1 safe certified, meaning it’s free of hazardous chemicals and safe for babies and children. The mattress is made in the United States.
Rated medium (4–6) on 10-point firmness scale, reviewers of all sleeping styles — side, back, stomach, and combination — say it’s comfortable and supportive.
However, it’s important to note that the feel of a mattress depends largely on your weight and body type. The best way to see if a mattress works for you is to sleep on it. Brooklyn Bedding gives customers a 120-night sleep trial on all mattresses.
According to reviewers, the Bloom Hybrid has adequate edge support (meaning you won’t sink too much when you sit on the edge of the bed, and you won’t roll off while sleeping). It’s a great choice for couples, since the coils help stabilize the mattress and prevent disruption of sleep.
You can purchase the Bloom Hybrid mattress online through Brooklyn Bedding or on Amazon.
Brooklyn Bedding has promotional sales regularly on all products, including the Bloom Hybrid.
If you like a medium-firm mattress and enjoy a middle ground between foam and supportive coils, the Bloom Hybrid mattress might work well for you.
Since it’s a middle-of-the-road pick, it could also be a good place to start if you’re not sure what will work well for you — and Brooklyn Bedding offers a pretty generous trial period.
If you’re looking for a mattress with cooling properties, or if you want something that’s firmer, you might want to look at another style:
- Firmer pick: The Brooklyn Bedding Plank is a super-firm mattress.
- More durable pick: The Brooklyn Bedding Titan Firm Hybrid is designed for people with more weight.
- Cooler pick: The Brooklyn Bedding Aurora Hybrid has cooling gel beads designed to keep you cool.
Brooklyn Bedding is not Better Business Bureau (BBB) accredited, but it has a BBB rating of A-. Brooklyn Bedding answered complaints on the BBB website satisfactorily and in a timely manner.
At this time, there do not appear to be any recent or pending lawsuits against Brooklyn Bedding regarding consumer safety. However, one pending lawsuit alleges that the Brooklyn Bedding website is not accessible for people who use screen readers.
The majority of customer reviews are positive. Complaints about Brooklyn Bedding appear to be addressed in a timely and satisfactory manner. Reviews mention the quality of the product and the ease of set up.
Some customers note a smell while the mattress is expanding, while other customers say there is no detectable odor.
The Bloom Hybrid Mattress is compressed, rolled up, and shipped inside a box. Your order should take 14–20 business days to manufacture and ship via FedEx, although there are delays due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
There is some off-gassing (new mattress smell) from the mattress as it sits after unpacking. You should wait 3–5 hours before lying on it, but the smell might not fully dissipate for up to 24 hours.
Shipping is free in the contiguous United States, but shipping to Alaska and Hawaii requires a $125 fee. Shipping to Canada is currently possible with an additional $250 charge.
The Brooklyn Bedding return policy gives customers 120 nights to try the mattress risk-free. However, there’s a 30-day waiting period before you’re eligible to start a return.
After 30 days, if you feel the mattress is too firm, Brooklyn Bedding will ship you a free mattress topper. If you still don’t like the mattress, you can return it risk-free within the 120 day period.
Brooklyn Bedding mattresses come with a 10-year warranty for defects.
The Brooklyn Bedding Bloom Hybrid is a hybrid mattress in a box. It’s a good choice for those wanting a medium-firm sleeping surface or anyone looking for a mattress made with eco-friendly latex.
Brooklyn Bedding manufactures its products in the United States and offers responsive customer service.