We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission Here’s our process.
Healthline only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
When it comes to building the perfect bed, most of the focus falls on finding the right mattress. But pillow shopping is just as important.
Sleeping with the right pillow can help properly align your head and neck to reduce your chances of waking up with neck pain.
While down and down alternative may be the most traditional types of pillows, there are other options out there, too. From memory foam pillows to pillows for hot sleepers, there’s something for everyone.
A luxury foam pillow, the Bear Pillow is designed to stay cool all night and work with most sleeping styles. Here’s what else you need to know about this popular pillow.
- The Bear Pillow is ideal for most sleeping styles, including side, back, and stomach sleepers.
- This pillow stays cool while you sleep, meaning you don’t have to flip your pillow throughout the night.
- You can choose between a standard pillow (5 pounds and 15.75 W × 25 L × 5.5 H inches) or a king-size pillow (7 pounds and 15.75 W × 35.4 L × 5 H inches).
- Delivery is easy, and Bear offers free shipping.
- This brand is on the pricier side, which could deter those who aren’t comfortable spending over $100 on a pillow.
- The pillow can only be purchased online through the Bear website. It’s not available for in-store testing.
- Those who prefer down pillows might not like the foam material in the Bear Pillow.
- There’s no option to adjust the height of the pillow.
- Returns are at the customer’s expense, which isn’t as customer-friendly as other competitors’ return policies.
A standard size Bear Pillow goes for $125, and a king-size Bear Pillow runs you $145.
However, Bear runs sales from time to time.
The Bear Pillow is made of a hybrid foam material, which Bear says has the benefits of both memory foam and latex. The memory foam contours to your head, while the latex in the pillow provides some bounce.
The standard size pillow is 5.5 inches tall, while the king-size pillow is slightly thinner at 5 inches tall. Both sizes have mesh paneling on the corners for ventilation as you sleep.
According to customer reviews, the pillow isn’t too firm or too soft — it’s just right.
Reviewers say it’s worth the investment if you don’t mind the price point. They also note that it retains its shape as they sleep, and it doesn’t get flat.
Those who purchased it for its cooling properties say the pillow stays cool throughout the night and is cool to the touch as soon as you open the packaging.
To care for the pillow, it can only be spot cleaned. Don’t toss it in the washing machine.
You can purchase the Bear Pillow online through the Bear website.
You won’t find this pillow in stores or at third-party online retailers.
Depending on the amount of support you need, your preferences, and your sleeping style, the Bear Pillow could be right for you.
Although this pillow can work for any sleeping style, back and side sleepers might find it more comfortable than stomach sleepers. Stomach sleepers typically prefer a thinner pillow.
If you sleep hot, you might like that the pillow stays cool to the touch all night.
If you’re willing to spend over $100 on a pillow, the Bear Pillow is described by many reviewers as being high quality. It should last a long time.
The Bear Pillow comes with a 100-night sleep trial. If you’re unsatisfied with the purchase, you can send it back for a full refund. You’re responsible for return shipping costs.
Returns and refunds are not permitted after the 100-day trial.
The Bear Pillow has a 2-year warranty that only covers manufacturing defects.
The Bear Pillow is a luxury foam pillow that works well for all sleeping styles, especially back and side sleepers. It also comes with a cooling cover.
If you prefer a low profile pillow or a soft and squishy pillow, you may be better off with another design.
However, if you’re willing to splurge on a pillow with the right amount of support, or if you’re a hot sleeper, you might benefit from the Bear Pillow.
Giselle Castro is a freelance writer who lives in New York. She’s been published in Shape, Fitness, Women’s Health, and Hip Latina, among other sites. She is an avid runner and ran the New York City Marathon in 2019. She is passionate about wellness and fitness, and hopes to influence others through her writing.