We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
The Awara Organic Luxury Hybrid Mattress is an eco-friendly mattress made with internationally-sourced organic and natural materials. It’s manufactured by Resident, a home goods company that produces several mattress brands and other consumer products.
The Awara Mattress is a relatively new addition to the mattress scene. It’s available online on the Awara website.
In this review, we’ll go into detail about the Awara Mattress and discuss its pros and cons.
Awara gets high marks from some customers, but less-than-stellar reviews from others.
If you’re considering Awara, these pros and cons may help you decide:
- Awara uses materials, including natural Dunlop latex foam, organic cotton, and New Zealand wool.
- The mattress is Rainforest Alliance certified. This means it was produced using methods that support social, economic, and environmental sustainability.
- The materials used to make this mattress have some natural cooling properties. People often mention that they sleep cool and dry on their Awara Mattress.
- Some people note that the Awara Mattress is a good choice for sex, thanks to its bounce.
- It’s competitively priced for an eco-friendly mattress.
- The Awara Mattress comes with a 365-night, risk-free sleep trial and a lifetime guarantee. This sounds like a significant “pro,” but reviewers consistently give Awara low marks for a challenging and frustrating return policy.
- Even though it has built-in fabric handles, this mattress can be heavy and bulky to move.
- Some reviewers mention there is significantly more motion transfer than they expected.
The Awara Mattress falls into the luxury mattress category, but it is less expensive than some other eco-friendly brands.
Keep your eye on the price, as the mattress goes on sale several times a year. Awara also offers discounts to military personnel, first responders, and medical personnel.
|Awara Mattress sizes||Price|
- Price: $1,599 for a queen
- Type: Hybrid
- Height: 13 inches
The Awara Organic Luxury Hybrid Mattress is an eco-friendly, medium-firm hybrid mattress with a bit of bounce.
The company states that they plant 10 fruit trees for every mattress purchase — made through Trees for the Future, a nonprofit organization.
For people who wish to reduce their carbon footprint and have less exposure to toxins in their homes, the Awara Mattress may be a solid choice. The mattress’s latex may emit a slight smell for a day or two, but this will quickly dissipate, according to some customer comments.
According to reviews, the mattress is supportive but doesn’t have much “hug,” which can make it a good choice for back and stomach sleepers — and anyone looking to avoid that “sinking in” feeling. Side sleepers in smaller bodies may find this mattress too firm for their liking.
Couples say it’s a good choice for sex, but they also note it’s a less-than-great option for reducing motion transfer while sleeping.
According to reviewers, the mattress supplies satisfactory edge support, with no rolling-off sensation when laying near the sides of the bed.
Awara Mattress materials
The mattress has four layers, including its base:
- The top layer is designed to be soft and breathable. It’s made from New Zealand wool and cotton.
- The second layer is 4 inches of latex foam. These two top layers are made to provide significant cooling, which reviewers tout as one of the mattress’s main strengths.
- Next is a 9-inch layer with individually wrapped coils for bounce and varied support.
- The bottom layer is a soft base with two cotton-polyester handles on each side.
Awara has a page on the Better Business Bureau website, but they are not accredited or rated.
They have had 78 customer complaints filed throughout the last 3 years, which have all been closed or resolved.
Awara has a 2.8 average rating at TrustPilot. This rating is based on a small number of reviews, which all reference poor customer service.
Awara has not recalled any products or been involved in any lawsuits within the past 3 years.
Your Awara Mattress is rolled, compressed, and delivered in a box to your door. If you prefer, you may purchase white-glove delivery, which includes the removal of your old mattress, for $149.
The mattress will decompress within 24 hours. It does not have an off-gassing smell. Although, you might detect a slight smell from the latex, which typically dissipates within a couple of days.
The Awara Mattress comes with a lifetime warranty and a 1-year, risk-free sleep trial. On multiple websites, reviewers mention that returning an Awara mattress is challenging since the company does not provide a pick-up service.
Those who wish to take advantage of a return are required to donate or discard their mattress, and they must give the company photographic proof or documentation in order to get a refund. Many customers complain about wrangling for their refund or being denied reimbursement in some instances.
Poor customer service is referenced quite often in reviews when discussing issues that warrant a return, such as the mattress being damaged or too soft.
The Awara Mattress is an eco-friendly mattress certified by the Rainforest Alliance.
It is medium firm, and may be a comfortable choice for back and stomach sleepers.
Many reviewers of the Awara Mattress are happy with their purchase, but others find returns difficult and customer service lacking.