A citrus salad in the summer is so divine. The sweet and spicy pecans along with the golden raisins elevate this dish to a whole other level. Enjoy! — Vanessa Rissetto
Start to finish: 30 minutes
Serves: 4 to 6
- 2 red grapefruits
- 2 navel oranges
- 1 tsp. (4.2 grams) sugar or maple syrup
- 1 tsp. (6 grams) salt, divided, plus more for seasoning
- 2 tbsp. (30 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 4 cups (80 grams) arugula
- 1/2 cup (73 grams) golden raisins, divided
- 1/2 cup (55 grams) sweet and spicy pecans, chopped (for example, from Trader Joe’s)
- Using a sharp knife, cut away the peel and white pith from each grapefruit and orange. (You just want the flesh of the fruit.) Then, cut each fruit in half from end to end and slice crosswise into 1/4-inch (0.6-cm) thick pieces.
- Transfer fruit to a bowl and toss with sugar and 1/2 tsp. (3 grams) salt. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- In a colander set over a bowl, drain fruit. Reserve 2 tbsp. (30 mL) of the juice. Transfer fruit to a platter, arranging fruit in an even layer.
- In a medium bowl, whisk reserved juice, olive oil, minced shallot, and mustard. Add arugula, half the raisins (1/4 cup), and half the pecans (1/4 cup) and toss to coat.
- Arrange arugula mixture over fruit, leaving a 1-inch (2.5-cm) border around edges. Sprinkle with remaining raisins and pecans. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.