Meatless Monday is way more exciting with this dish. Of course, it also makes a really great high fiber side. And yes, I get really excited about fiber. — Vanessa Rissetto
Start to finish: 30 minutes
Serves: 8 as a side, 4 as a main
- 2 tbsp. (30 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups (456 grams) cooked or canned chickpeas
- 2 cups (304 grams) grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup (75 grams) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup (3 grams) sliced basil
- 16 kalamata olives, pitted and halved or chopped
- 1/4 cup (25 grams) sliced scallions
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- In a skillet over medium heat, warm oil until shimmering.
- Add onion and garlic, cooking until softened. Remove mixture from heat and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine chickpeas, tomatoes, feta, basil, scallions, olives, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Stir in onion-garlic mixture and toss to coat.
- Dish can be made ahead and chilled. It’s best served at room temperature.