Cardamom-Spiced Peach and Blackberry Crumble
Cook Time: 1h
Prep Time: 15min
About this recipe:
A crumble may be the easiest summer dessert. In this recipe, juicy peaches and blackberries are tossed together and topped with a salty graham cracker crumble. The peaches and blackberries will release a lot of juice as they bake, which we love. If you want the crumble filling to be a little thicker, sprinkle 2 tsp. (5 g) cornstarch into the filling before baking.
- 8 graham crackers, finely crushed
- 1/2 cup (63 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (47 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. (6 grams) kosher salt
- 8 tbsp. (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 lb. (0.9 kg) ripe peaches, halved, pitted, and cut into 1-inch (2.5-cm) wedges
- 1/4 cup (59 mL) honey
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. (30 mL) finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. (0.9 grams) ground cardamom or cinnamon
- 2 pints blackberries (about 2 1/2 cups or 360 grams)
- Softly whipped cream or ice cream, for serving
- Heat oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
- In a food processor, pulse graham cracker crumbs, flour, sugar, and salt until finely ground. Transfer to a medium bowl and use a fork to stir in melted butter until a few large clumps form. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together peaches, honey, lemon juice, lemon zest, and cardamom. Add blackberries, crushing them with your hands as you go. This will release juices and stain the peaches. Give the fruit another toss.
- Pour filling into a large cast iron skillet or a 13 x 9-inch (33 x 23-cm) baking dish. Over the top, scatter reserved graham cracker mixture.
- Bake for about 50 to 60 minutes, until lightly browned and filling is bubbling around the edges. Let cool for a few minutes.
- Serve a scoop of warm crumble in a bowl and top with fresh cream or ice cream.