Shape and firm up those glutes with this move that’s also a great training exercise for running or skiing.
While you should focus on form, if you’re ready to take this to a new stage, you can focus on intensity and burn. (Hey, if you’re up for the challenge and it’s a slow day, try going for 10 minutes.)
Duration: Do 12 to 20 reps per side. Repeat the set 3 times.
1. Get into all fours, with a straight spine, and contract your core muscles.
2. Extend your right leg back and up until your thigh is parallel with the ground. The sole of your right foot should be facing the ceiling.
3. Contract your glute at the top of the move and hold for a beat.
4. Return to your starting position without touching your knee to the ground and repeat.
5. Do 12 to 20 repetitions, then switch sides.
Extra credit: Add weights. Just place them behind your knees and tighten your leg muscles a bit so they stay put — adds some resistance to the lifts!
Tomorrow: Lie on your back and flutter with the strength of your abs.
Kelly Aiglon is a lifestyle journalist and brand strategist with a special focus on health, beauty, and wellness. When she’s not crafting a story, she can usually be found at the dance studio teaching Les Mills BODYJAM or SH’BAM. She and her family live outside of Chicago, and you can find her on Instagram.