We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
- Best overall: Assault Fitness AirRunner Elite
- Best value: SB Fitness Equipment CT400 Self-Generated Curved Treadmill
- Best design: NOHrD Sprintbok Curved Manual Treadmill
- Most customizable: TrueForm Runner Treadmill
Curved treadmills have become increasingly popular among athletes looking to mix up their running routines.
Unlike regular treadmills, curved treadmills feature a concave design and are nonmotorized, meaning that you control your pace by adjusting your speed and stride.
However, finding a high quality curved treadmill that meets your needs can be challenging.
The curved treadmills featured in this article were selected based on the following criteria:
- Training options. They include training programs, such as preset workouts or multiple levels of manual resistance.
- Features. They offer a range of special features, such as Bluetooth connectivity, transport wheels, or built-in touchscreen displays.
- Price. They provide a good value for the price.
Here are 4 of the best curved treadmills of 2022.
- Size: 70 × 31.7 × 64.4 inches (178 × 80.4 × 163.5 cm)
- Warranty: 10-year on frame, 1-year on labor, lifetime on belt
- Weight capacity: 400 pounds (182 kg)
- Special features: Bluetooth and ANT+ connectivity, built-in training programs, sweat-resistant handgrips, transport wheels
Thanks to its durable design and impressive features, the AirRunner from Assault Fitness scores the top slot for the best curved treadmill of 2022.
In addition to its steel frame and corrosion-resistant hardware, it’s lightweight and has built-in transport wheels for easy portability.
The machine also offers a digital console, a variety of heart rate and interval training programs, and Bluetooth and ANT+ connectivity for streaming workout classes on your favorite fitness apps.
- Size: 66 × 31 × 18 inches (168 × 79 × 46 cm)
- Warranty: 10-year on frame, 7-year on parts, 2-year on console, 1-year on labor
- Weight capacity: 375 pounds (170 kg)
- Special features: 3 levels of manual magnetic resistance, transport wheels
If you’re looking for a curved treadmill that won’t break the bank, check out this model from SB Fitness.
This simple treadmill offers three levels of manual magnetic resistance, an easy-to-read digital display, and flexible slats designed to maximize shock absorption.
It also includes transport wheels and a handle, so you can easily move and store it between workouts.
However, it doesn’t provide any preset workout programs, which may be a deal-breaker for some runners.
- Size: 71 × 28 × 55 inches (180 × 70 × 140 cm)
- Warranty: 1-year
- Weight capacity: 353 pounds (160 kg)
- Special features: built-in tablet with app
This curved treadmill features a solid wood frame and 62 movable slats on the running belt, which help absorb shock and reduce strain on your joints.
It’s also equipped with a 17.3-inch (44-cm) tablet, making it easy to track your progress and performance.
Plus, a variety of preprogrammed workouts are available, along with scenic runs, which you can access using the Sprintbok app.
However, it’s relatively expensive and only offers a 1-year warranty, which may not be ideal if you’re on a tight budget.
- Size: 64 × 36 × 63 inches (163 × 91 × 160 cm)
- Warranty: lifetime on frame, 10-year on tread and tread mechanisms, 2-year on display
- Weight capacity: 500 pounds (227 kg)
- Special features: a variety of customization options
The TrueForm Runner Treadmill is one of the few curved treadmills that offers several ways to customize your machine.
In fact, you can pick between three colors and five unique tread options, such as field turf or a running track.
The treadmill also includes an LED digital display and has a shallow curve, which helps control your speed and supports a balanced gait.
With a weight capacity of up to 500 pounds (227 kg), it’s also highly durable and can accommodate runners of various sizes.
Keep in mind that it’s a bit heavier and bulkier than other curved treadmills, which is an important consideration for those with limited space.
There are several factors to keep in mind when purchasing a curved treadmill, including the available training options.
For example, while some only offer basic features, others include multiple levels of resistance or built-in training programs.
Additionally, curved treadmills vary greatly in price.
Be sure to look for a machine that’s within your budget and consider the warranty of the product. You’ll also want to factor in additional fees, such as shipping or assembly.
If you’re running short on space, you may also want to opt for a more compact model, or look for a curved treadmill that also offers transport wheels for easy storage.
Curved treadmills are a great addition to any home gym.
They can not only ease the strain on your joints but also help you burn more calories, save energy, and improve your gait.
By considering factors like the price, size, and available training options, we’re confident that you’ll find the right product for your running needs.