Penis size and function are important for many as these factors contribute to a healthy and enjoyable sex life.
This may lead someone to consider penis enlargement solutions, if they feel lacking in that area, such as pills, lotions, and pumps. However, despite many claims made by manufacturers, most of these solutions have little valid research or data to back them up.
Phallosan Forte, for instance, is a penis enlargement device designed to increase the length and girth of the penis and enhance your erection quality. But some medical experts are unsure of its effectiveness.
If you’re considering using a penis enlargement appliance, continue reading to find out how to use the Phallosan Forte device and if it’s a safe and effective solution.
Phallosan Forte is an extending device made from medical-grade materials. The company behind this device claims it can:
- increase penis size
- correct Peyronie’s disease, a condition where the penis curves or bends
- prevent side effects from urological surgery
- enhance the quality of erections
- improve self-esteem by increasing penis size
They also state that the device can be worn on all penis sizes, is comfortable, can be worn discreetly in public, and can be worn overnight or for up to 12 hours.
Phallosan Forte claims to work by applying tension and pressure to the penis to create cell division. Using a method that’s most commonly intended for skin transplants, the company states that the device temporarily stretches the skin to create more cells, thus lengthening the penis.
Correcting Peyronie’s disease
Peyronie’s disease is a condition that’s characterized by a curvature of the penis. The causes of Peyronie’s disease are largely unknown.
Phallosan Forte says that their device can help correct Peyronie’s disease by putting tension on the penis and breaking down scar tissue. They say that this method can help build new tissue, resulting in a longer and straighter penis.
According to R. Matthew Coward, MD, FACS, a doctor of male reproductive medicine and surgery, penile extenders like Phallosan Forte may help correct Peyronie’s disease. He says that “the best time to offer it to patients is when a penile deformity is noted and Peyronie’s disease has been diagnosed.”
Since penis extenders help remold the scar tissue, the device may improve function and penis length in people with penile shortening or curvature from Peyronie’s disease.
Increasing penis length and enhancing erections
Note that for people without Peyronie’s disease, Phallosan Forte may not be super effective at increasing penis length and enhancing erections.
In general, users say that the device works well and note that they saw results with consistent use within a few weeks. However, most of these reviews didn’t specify if they were using Phallosan Forte for Peyronie’s or erectile dysfunction (ED).
With that being said, the results are largely anecdotal. Coward does note that “men with organic ED may already be lacking good blood flow, and trying to use a traction device could induce trauma to the tissue.” This could actually create a curvature or deformity or contribute to the development of Peyronie’s disease.
According to customer reviews, Phallosan Forte does work. However, Coward says that penile extenders probably aren’t too effective.
“It does appear that penile extenders improve erectile and sexual function with ED secondary to Peyronie’s disease,” he says. “This appears to be the only true subset of men with an organic type of ED that might benefit from PTT [penile traction therapy].”
Although people with penises who have Peyronie’s disease may benefit from using Phallosan Forte, Coward also says that “the majority of men with ED would not routinely benefit from PTT.”
This is especially true for people who have ED from a common cause like metabolic syndrome, diabetes, or vascular disease, as penile extenders may create a new or worsening problem.
“I would strongly discourage men with ED from trying PTT without the explicit recommendations from a urologist specialized in the treatment of ED and Peyronie’s disease,” Coward says.
Before using Phallosan Forte, be sure to consult with a doctor. Here’s how to use the device:
- Measure your penis size with the kit’s measuring template.
- Select the proper bell and condom sleeve size. The initial assembly has a medium-sized bell and condom, but there are options for smaller or larger sizes. If you need to change the size, move the tension clip of the device to a 90-degree position and remove it, along with the bell and condom. Next, attach the appropriate-sized bell and condom, line up the switch on the suction ball with the arrow on the bell, and snap it into place. Reattach the tension clip.
- Roll the condom up to the edge of the bell and then carefully stretch it up and over the head of the bell.
- Use your thumbs and index fingers to pull apart the protector cap and place it over the head of the penis. The cap is stretchy and should fit snugly with as little air as possible at the tip of the glans. Use lube if it helps. After several weeks of using the device, your glans adapts to the pressure, and you won’t need the protective cap.
- Place your capped penis into the glass suction bell of the device.
- Move the condom down over your penis until it’s completely unrolled.
- Rotate the green valve until it reaches the pump symbol. This activates the suction pump, which draws the head of the penis further into the bell. The sleeve condom also molds itself to the shaft of the penis for comfort.
- Take the belt and put the foam ring over the suction bell. Slide it down until it reaches the base of the penis.
- Pass the other end of the belt around your hips to connect with the closure. Tighten as required.
The company also sells the Phallosan Plus+, an extension device that attaches to the Phallosan Forte and strengthens and lengthens the penis. Phallosan Plus+ thickens and extends the penis by allowing the user to apply up to 10.5 pounds of pulling power. In other words, you can apply additional suction power to extend your penis.
If you’re using the device for penis lengthening, the company claims that you should wear it for 8 to 10 hours a day, 6 days a week. For ED, it should be used 5 hours a day, 3 days a week. To correct penile curvature, it should be worn 4 days a week.
There’s limited safety data on Phallosan Forte, so it’s hard to say how safe the device is. Coward states that he wouldn’t use it himself, nor would he recommend a patient use it. However, PTT is considered to be safe by many medical experts.
If you decide to use Phallosan Forte, Coward says to:
- avoid using the device overnight to prevent any issues while sleeping
- periodically remove the device to make sure there’s no numbness, blistering, or bruising, if you’re using it for the 6 hours recommended by the Phallosan Forte website
- use the device in the privacy of your own home, despite claims on the Phallosan Forte website that it can be worn in public
Phallosan Forte costs $379. It comes with:
- an elastic belt
- suction bells in sizes small, medium, and large, with matching sized condoms
- two protector caps
- a tension clip
- a suction bell with a three-way valve
- a measuring template
- a travel bag
You can also purchase spare parts that start at $20, including:
- protector clamps
- vacuum pump
- tension clips
The brand also sells the Phallosan Plus+, an extension device that attaches to Phallosan Forte. It costs $120, or you can buy it together with the Phallosan Forte for $499.
According to the website, Phallosan Forte is “completely painless to use” and “is perfectly safe,” provided it’s used with care.
Some side effects that may occur include:
- reddening of the skin
- small blisters
- sight swelling
The company instructs users to avoid using a strong pull during the first week of use. They explain that the tissue may gradually become accustomed to the sensation, but you should still set the belt to minimal tension at first.
Swiss Sana, the manufacturer behind Phallosan Forte, claims that the device is approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). However, this information doesn’t appear easy to locate on the FDA website.
There are no existing lawsuits against the company, nor have there been any recalls.
The company isn’t accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) but does appear on Trustpilot with a score of 2.2 out of 5. The reviews on Trustpilot are generally negative, with some calling out poor quality products and bad customer service.
On the Phallosan Forte website, the device has largely positive reviews from users. Some describe it as “the best extender” they’ve ever used, noting that they’ve seen results within a month of use.
Other users wrote that they wear the extender at night. Some note that it’s not the most comfortable, but it’s wearable, especially if you’re committed to seeing results. Many say that consistency is the most important factor in using this device.
Overall, finding independent reviews for the company and the device is challenging.
Generally, more research is needed to confirm the effectiveness of penis extenders. Many find them to be uncomfortable to use.
Other common devices include vacuum pumps (also known as penis pumps), which may temporarily make the penis larger but may cause tissue damage if not used safely.
Clamps and rings can also stretch and elongate the penis, but wearing one for more than 30 minutes may cut off blood flow and cause damage to the penile tissue.
Vacuum pumps are also often used in conjunction with PDE5i medications, or medications commonly used to treat ED.
Male enhancement pills
There are many male enhancement pills on the market. They’re typically labeled as dietary supplements that may include some of the following natural ingredients:
- Ashwagandha: a shrub used in Ayurvedic medicine. Current findings have concluded that ashwagandha may help reduce inflammation, reduce pain, and boost energy, but more research is needed.
- Maca root: a Peruvian plant. Maca root has been used for centuries to enhance fertility and sex drive.
- Yohimbe extract: a western African herbal supplement. Yohimbe has been found to alleviate symptoms of ED, but more research is needed.
However, many male enhancement pills aren’t approved by the FDA. Generally, there’s a lack of evidence to support claims made by the manufacturers of male enhancement pills.
If you’re thinking about using male enhancement pills, talk with a doctor before introducing any new supplements into your diet.
Jelqing is an exercise that some people use to naturally increase the size of their penis. It involves using a hand-over-hand rolling motion to move blood to the head of the penis and stretch it.
Although it’s an organic way to potentially relieve symptoms of ED, there’s limited research that supports its effectiveness. Results are primarily anecdotal, but it may:
- increase the girth of the penis when it’s flaccid or erect
- increase the length of the penis when it’s flaccid or erect
- make erections last longer
If you decide to try it out, it’s recommended to:
- lube your penis so you don’t create too much friction or chafing
- avoid getting too hard, so you’re still able to gently massage and move blood through the tissues — instead, try to get about two-thirds of the way there
Stop if the exercise feels uncomfortable or painful, and avoid doing it more than twice a day.
Some evidence suggests that lifestyle changes may help you get better erections. These include:
- Eating more fruits, vegetables, whole foods, and legumes. The nutrients found in these foods improve blood flow throughout the body, including the penis. Additionally, eating a diet that’s high in fatty, fried, or processed foods may increase your risk of conditions that can affect your sexual well-being, such as heart disease, high blood pressure, and diabetes.
- Cutting back on your alcohol intake. Heavy alcohol consumption is
associatedwith a higher risk of sexual dysfunction. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)advises limiting alcohol intake to one to two drinks per day.
- Doing at least 20 minutes of moderate exercise every day.
Research from 2013suggests that physical activity can improve erectile function. But be mindful of cycling and how much you do this activity, as putting pressure on the blood vessels and nerves can lead to ED.
- Getting 6 to 8 hours of sleep every night. Poor sleep and sleeping disorders
are associatedwith ED, so getting enough sleep may help. It’s also critical for your overall wellness.
You can also talk with your partner to open up communication about how you’re feeling, both emotionally and physically. If you’re both willing, you can also try new things in the bedroom like:
- new positions
- sex toys
- other forms of sexual contact
- different entry points
While these aren’t necessarily solutions to ED, they can help emphasize pleasure for all parties.
If you’re considering buying Phallosan Forte, it’s a good idea to make an appointment with your doctor first.
Sometimes medical conditions can contribute to sexual problems, so having a health checkup can help rule out any underlying problems. It’s also an opportunity to discuss over-the-counter medications or natural supplements with a healthcare professional. They may prescribe ED medications like Cialis to help ease symptoms or suggest other options.
Finally, you can talk with your doctor about the safety of penis pumping, extending, and stretching, and they may have some advice or recommendations.
When should I talk with a doctor about erectile function issues?
Talk with your doctor if you have erectile function concerns, such as:
- the firmness of your erections
- ability to maintain an erection
- your sexual performance
Your doctor can evaluate your overall health and help determine if you have any underlying health conditions that may be causing or contributing to your symptoms. They may also suggest lifestyle changes that may help improve your erections.
In some cases, medications or other treatments may be necessary to improve your erectile function. Your doctor can discuss the various options that are available, both medical and nonmedical.
If you’re taking medication for another health condition, your doctor may be able to adjust your dosage or switch you to a different medication to see if it improves your symptoms.
Is there a cure for ED?
There isn’t a singular cure for ED, but rather a combination of different approaches that may improve symptoms. Common treatments include:
- medication, including sildenafil (Viagra), tadalafil (Cialis), and avanafil (Stendra)
- testosterone therapy, or TRT, if you have low testosterone levels
- talk therapy, since psychological factors such as stress, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and depression can affect erectile function, counseling may help
Does Phallosan Forte also increase the girth of my penis?
According to the manufacturers, yes, it can increase both penile length and girth. Penis extenders like the Phallosan Forte create a proportional increase in the penis because they stimulate the growth of new cells throughout the penile tissue.
However, there’s little scientific evidence to support the manufacturer’s claim of girth increase.
Can I use Phallosan Forte while sleeping?
According to the manufacturer, yes. Also, various users report that you can wear the device comfortably during sleep.
Traditional penile extenders typically fall off while the wearer is sleeping due to movement and spontaneous erections. But, the manufacturers considered these problems when designing the Phallosan Forte, and its unique design means that most people can wear it at night, according to the company.
The device draws the penis to the side and allows for movement. It also expands with the penis should you have an erection.
However, wearing the device while you sleep may be risky, so to stay on the safe side, consider wearing the device only when you’re awake.
Phallosan Forte is an FDA-approved penis extender that may help with ED, penile curvature, and lengthening of the penis. When used according to the company’s instructions, it may provide steady results, although they’re not permanent.
If you decide to use Phallosan Forte, do so safely. Stop using the device immediately if you experience any pain, discomfort, or blistering.
Melissa Lee is a market wellness editor at Healthline. She’s based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. When she’s not trying out new skin care or researching wellness product trends, she can be found buying books to add to her TBR pile. Follow her on Instagram.