This tangy, fresh salad is delicious in a sandwich, scooped into a wedged tomato, or served with crackers. For perfect grated lemon rind, use a microplane zester.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 3 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 (6-ounce) cans boneless, skinless pink salmon, drained
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup matchstick carrots, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Combine onion and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Let stand 5 minutes. Add salmon and remaining ingredients, stirring to combine.
Per serving: Calories: 234; Carbohydrate: 3g; Fat: 17.2g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 57mg; Protein: 18g; Fiber: 1g; Sodium: 508mg; Calcium: 8mg.