Serve this kid-friendly recipe alongside crispy thick-cut bacon for a sweet and savory start.
Makes 2 servings
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
- 4 challah (egg bread) or potato bread slices
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup reduced fat (2%) milk or almond milk or soymilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- ¼ cup grape jelly
Spread peanut butter evenly over 2 slices of bread; top with remaining bread slices.
Whisk together eggs and next 4 ingredients in a shallow bowl. Dip peanut butter sandwiches in egg mixture, turning to coat both sides well.
Melt butter or margarine in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat; Place sandwiches in pan, and cook 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Place jelly in a microwave-safe glass bowl. Microwave on high 1 minute or until melted, stirring until smooth. Drizzle melted jelly evenly over sandwiches; serve immediately.
Per serving: Calories: 584; Carbohydrate: 62g; Fat: 29.4g; Saturated Fat: 9.6g; Cholesterol: 235mg; Protein: 20g; Fiber: 3.3g; Sodium: 557mg; Calcium: 167mg.