Use almond milk or soymilk in this recipe if you don’t buy cow’s milk.
Makes 8 servings
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose unbleached flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup reduced fat (2%) milk or almond milk or soymilk
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir together egg and next 3 ingredients; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
Spoon batter into muffin pans coated with cooking spray, filling two-thirds full.
Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Stir together butter and marmalade. Serve with warm muffins.
Per serving (muffin with butter): Calories: 283; Carbohydrate: 30g; Fat: 17.7g; Saturated Fat: 11g; Cholesterol: 68mg; Protein: 3.4g; Fiber: <1g; Sodium: 393mg; Calcium: 42mg.