Serve with Simple Herb Roasted Chicken or Peach-Glazed Chicken Thighs (See recipes)
Makes 6 servings
- 3 pounds red potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 11/2 cups reduced-fat milk or unsweetened, plain almond or soymilk
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind (rind of 1 large lemon)
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Cook potatoes in boiling salted water for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain. Return potatoes to pan. Add milk and remaining ingredients, stirring to combine. Mash, using a potato masher, until creamy or to desired consistency.
Per serving: Calories: 267; Carbohydrate: 42g; Fat: 9g; Saturated Fat: 5.6g; Cholesterol: 25mg; Protein: 5.7g; Fiber: 4.2g; Sodium: 327mg; Calcium: 84mg.