Look for chipotle peppers in adobo sauce in the Latin food section of your supermarket or in Mexican markets. They’re a little spicy but pack a punch of smoky flavor. Spread hummus in a turkey sandwich, serve with raw or steamed veggies, or pair with fruit and crackers.
Makes about 12 servings
- 1 (19-ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind (rind of 1 lime)
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice (2 large limes)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons water
Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
Per serving: Calories: 73; Carbohydrate: 10g; Fat: 3g; Saturated Fat: 0.5g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Protein: 2.6g; Fiber: 1.9g; Sodium: 214mg; Calcium: 15mg.