While claims that coconut oil will give you thicker and fuller brows are exaggerated, using coconut oil for eyebrows may have some benefits.
Coconut oil offers a number of proven health benefits. It’s rich in fatty acids and antioxidants, which have an impressive number of health benefits. It also has antimicrobial properties and nutrients that are good for your skin and hair.
Read on to learn how coconut oil can be good for your eyebrows and how to use it.
Coconut oil can be good for your eyebrows given its ability to moisturize, nourish, and protect skin and hair. It’s also safe for use around the eyes and offers a natural alternative to commercially available eyebrow serums that may contain chemicals.
Protection against breakage
Coconut oil is known for its ability to
Coconut oil is a natural moisturizer that appears to be superior to other oils when it comes to hair. There’s
Your skin is home to a collection of
There are a few ways to use coconut oil for your eyebrows. The method you choose comes down to personal preference.
A number of commercially available eyebrow serums contain coconut oil. Most also contain other nourishing oils.
Eyebrow serums often include an applicator or brush that makes them convenient and easy to apply. If using an all-natural product is important to you, be sure to check the ingredients before you buy, as some serums contain perfumes and other additives.
Organic coconut oil is inexpensive and available in most grocery stores. It’s also easy to apply using a clean finger or a cotton swab.
Here’s how to apply coconut oil to your eyebrows:
- Dip a clean finger or a cotton swab in the oil, taking enough to cover the eyebrow.
- Gently spread the oil over your eyebrow in the direction of the hair growth, making sure to also get the skin immediately above and below the brow.
- Repeat on your other eyebrow.
- Leave on overnight and gently wipe off any excess in the morning before washing your face.
Virgin coconut oil has been shown to be safe for use on skin, including around the eyes. Allergies to coconut and coconut oil are very rare, but possible. If you’re concerned about a reaction, test some coconut oil on a small area of skin on your inner wrist before applying to the eyebrows.
Even though it’s generally safe, you should still be careful not to get coconut oil in your eyes. A clean, damp cloth can be used to remove any excess oil from your eyes. If you do get some in your eyes, flush your eyes with water if you feel any irritation.
Coconut oil is an inexpensive and readily available remedy that may help you grow fuller brows, but there are alternative remedies that may also be worth a try.
The following may also help you get fuller brows:
- Let them grow. Avoiding tweezing, waxing, and other methods of hair removal can give your brows a chance to fill in. Taking a break from hair removal also reduces damage to the skin and hair follicles on your brow line.
- Castor oil. Castor oil contains ricinoleic acid, which may promote hair growth, according to a study. It’s also an effective and inexpensive moisturizer.
- Petroleum jelly. Applying petroleum jelly to your brows is an inexpensive way to moisturize your brows and protect them from breakage. It can also be used to help you tame your brows and keep them looking tidy while growing them in.
- Aloe vera gel. Aloe vera offers a number of health benefits that may extend to your eyebrows, including antibacterial and antifungal properties that can protect eyebrow hair and skin. There’s also
evidencethat it increases blood circulation, which may help with hair growth.
- Eat a healthy diet. Not getting enough of certain nutrients and protein can cause hair loss. Aim for foods that are rich in protein, iron, and B vitamins, including biotin, to promote hair growth and prevent hair loss.
- Bimatoprost (Latisse). Latisse is a topical drug approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for eyelash growth. It hasn’t been approved for use on the eyebrows yet, but there’s
evidencethat bimatoprost 0.03% solution can help regrow eyebrows when applied once or twice daily.
Scientific proof of the benefits of coconut oil for eyebrows specifically may be limited. However, there are plenty of other proven benefits of coconut oil to make it worth a try.
Coconut oil is a generally safe and inexpensive remedy that may help you grow fuller brows.