We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
It’s common for libido and sexual performance to change as you get older. So, naturally, many people turn to supplements to help boost their libido and help with ED.
Androzene is a popular supplement containing ingredients that reportedly enhance sexual performance, but, overall, the product has mixed results.
Here’s what you need to know if you want to try this supplement.
- The non-prescription supplement is available over the counter.
- It claims to increase sexual performance.
- It claims to improve stamina.
- It may boost self-confidence.
- It may increase energy (guarana has caffeine content).
- It claims to help you be ready at any time.
- The supplement doesn’t replace treatment for underlying health issues.
- Any benefits may only be temporary.
- You may experience side effects, such as irregular heartbeat, nausea, dizziness, and constipation.
- It can’t be used with some underlying health conditions and medications.
- There are mixed reviews on the results.
Androzene is a male enhancement supplement designed to increase energy, stamina, and performance.
The supplement is produced by CloiXonne, and the company claims Androzene is an herbal alternative to Viagra.
The product has what they call an “AndroPhase” delivery system that releases the ingredients slowly over time to improve absorption and maintain steady levels in your body throughout the day.
Androzene’s blend of ingredients are purported to help energy, stamina, and performance — or have some effect in libido.
- Guarana seed extract. This is used as a
stimulantand thought to be an aphrodisiac. It’s popular in dietary supplements because of its caffeine content.
- Yohimbine. This is extracted from the bark of African plants. There are mixed results in research about the benefits of yohimbine for ED.
One studyfound it was more effective than a placebo in treating ED, while other studies have found no improvements with the use of yohimbine.
- Xanthoparmelia scabrosa extract. This comes from a lichen, is used to help with male sexual performance, and is thought to be an aphrodisiac. However, there isn’t enough research to fully understand xanthroparmelia’s effects.
- Eleuthero root extract. This is used for athletic performance, memory, and fighting off common colds. There’s some evidence to
suggestimproved mental and social functioning, but more research is needed to understand its effects on male performance.
- Nettle root extract. This has been studied for its benefits on prostate health. It works by reducing inflammation in the prostate. The prostate is important for male sexual health.
- Saw palmetto berry extract. This is another ingredient used to help the prostate, but there isn’t enough research to understand its long-term effects.
- Tribulus terrestris. This may help boost testosterone levels naturally. Animal
researchdemonstrated an increase in testosterone levels using this supplement, but the results have yet to be replicated in people.
It’s important to note that, while both neetle root extract and saw palmetto berry extract are used for prostate enlargement, their researched effects have little to nothing to do with sexual performance. Instead, they’re known to treat urinary complaints.
This supplement is designed to help naturally increase male libido and sexual performance.
The company also claims that Androzene boosts the experience to help reignite passion between partners.
The manufacturer has provided limited information about potential side effects. Some ingredients in Androzene may cause side effects.
Reported side effects include:
- changes in heart rate
- anxiety and shakiness
- trouble sleeping
- high blood pressure
- frequent urination
- nausea and vomiting
- bloating, constipation, and diarrhea
As with any supplement, it’s best to talk with a doctor before taking Androzene — especially if you have underlying health conditions, or if you’re taking other medications.
Since it’s not regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, there’s a risk of medication interaction.
The product description recommends taking 1 to 3 tablets on an empty stomach once daily.
The company suggests taking the supplement 30 minutes before being intimate or before going to sleep.
While the product is still available for sale through third-party sellers, like Amazon and Bonanza, the company’s website is no longer available.
The company appears to no longer directly sell Androzene.
In 2018, the National Advertising Division recommended several health claims be removed from the marketing for Androzene.
According to the press release, the company failed to provide any product testing to support its claims. The company complied with removing these.
The reviews on Androzene are mixed. It has an overall rating of 3.2 stars on Amazon. For some customers, the product works as claimed, and they report improved libido and sexual performance.
But, for many customers, the product doesn’t produce any of the claimed benefits.
There haven’t been any research studies completed to evaluate the effectiveness of Androzene.
If you’re unsure if you should give Androzene a try, here are other options from companies with better reputation and business ratings.
Other male enhancement supplement options
- Hims offers Viagra, Cialis, generic tadalafil, and generic sildenafil. Hims is Better Business Bureau (BBB) accredited and has an A+ rating.
- Roman sells Viagra, Cialis, and generic sildenafil. Roman is a BBB accredited business with an A rating.
- Lemonaid sells generic sildenafil and tadalafil. The company has an A+ BBB rating.
Can I take Androzene with other medications or health conditions?
Talk with your doctor before starting any dietary supplements if you have a medical condition or if you’re taking medications.
How long does it take for Androzene to work?
Results seem to vary for each customer. It could start working after a couple of days, or it could take longer.
Many customers report that the product never worked at all.
Does Androzene actually work?
The effectiveness of Androzene supplements is unclear.
Based on customer reviews, it works for some customers but is ineffective for others. Scientific research is needed to evaluate the effectiveness of Androzene.
Androzene is a natural male enhancement supplement that claims to increase stamina, sex drive, performance, energy levels, and confidence.
It’s formulated with active ingredients thought to be aphrodisiacs. Some ingredients have been researched for their benefits to the prostate, but there’s inconclusive evidence for their effects.
Customers report side effects, like headaches, digestive issues, and increased heart rate.
If you are considering adding Androzene to your daily routine, talk with your health care professional first, especially if you have a health condition or if you’re taking any medications.
You might also want to opt for a product with more research behind it.
Ashley Braun, MPH, RD, is a health and wellness writer based in Michigan. Her work helps people understand what affects their health, so they can make informed choices to take back the control in their health and wellness journey.