This classic Spanish sauce can be served over pasta, grilled meats and fish or used as a dipping sauce for vegetables.
- 2 large roasted red bell peppers
- 2 slices toasted whole wheat bread
- ½ cup roasted almonds
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons ancho chili powder
- ½ cup chicken broth or water
- 3 tablespoons sherry or red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Combine first 10 ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until coarsely chopped. With motor running, slowly drizzle in olive oil. Adjust thickness with additional water or vinegar.
|Serving Size||Approx. 1/2 cup|
|Total Fat||7.4 g|
|Sat Fat||0.9 g|