Kerri over at SixUntilMe has initiated the Top Five Lists Game to get her readers talking and sharing. What comes to mind for me at the moment are the Top 5 Quotes That Pertain to My Life These Days:
- "Diabetes is like being expected to play the piano with onehand while juggling items with another hand, all while balancing withdeftness and dexterity on a tightrope" - Marlene Less, via Scott's Diabetes Journal
- "Every day that passes brings you closer to 'living with' instead of 'suffering from' " - Kerri of SixUntilMe, commenting here
- "Warm mommies get cold pancakes" - Dear Abby
- "Housework is a treadmill from futility to oblivion with stop-offs at tedium and counter-productivity" - Erma Bombeck
- "Humor is mankind's greatest blessing" - Mark Twain
Ask me again next week. I'm sure they'll be some memorable saying about juggling work and parenthood. It's just that I'm a busy diabetic working mommy, see?, so didn't have time to track down too much custom content just now... :)
Dealing with insurance coverage is of course one of the biggest headaches of living with a chronic illness like diabetes. These days, it's even more nerve-wracking with all the political back-and-forth about healthcare policy, leaving folks with "...
Today, we're turning the 'Mine mic over to Rachel Zinman, a longtime type 1 who's originally from the United States but has lived in southeastern Australia in the state of New South Wales for about three decades now. Rachel was diagnosed with the...
We have reached the final interview in our lineup of the 10 winners of our 2017 DiabetesMine Patient Voices Scholarship Contest, announced this past summer. They're the folks who will be joining us on scholarship for our annual DiabetesMine Innova...
The fifth Diabetes UnConference took place in Alexandria, VA, very recently in early October. This was my third time attending this unique, "unscripted" gathering of adults with diabetes, where every participant is considered an expert and can as...
Hey, All -- if you've got questions about life with diabetes, then you've come to the right place! That would be our weekly diabetes advice column, Ask D'Mine, hosted by veteran type 1 and diabetes author Wil Dubois.Today, Wil is digging into a...