Greg Nickleski isn’t the biggest fan of needles and pricks — so he discusses why he uses the new, slimmer OmniPod insulin pump.
REVIEWER’S BREAKDOWN –
- tubeless and wireless — no need for long plastic tubing
- patch-style attachment allows discreet wearing (can hide the pump)
- PDM (controller unit) has a built-in fingerstick meter, so it cuts down on the diabetes devices the user needs to carry around
- the Pod (insulin unit) is waterproof up to 25 feet, so even good for snorkelers or scuba divers
- PDM provides precise doses down to .25 units
- Pod only holds a max of 200 units of insulin
- once removed, the Pods must be discarded and replaced
Tell us what you think!
RELATED COMMUNITY LINKS: