No new specific diet or diabetes decrees over here. I gave that up a long time ago. The notion that I'm going to suddenly shed all my bad habits and "start over" being perfect is just a recipe for frustration. Instead, I like to think in general about how I'm going to approach life in the coming year. Enjoy. Joy. Less stress. Less unnecessary worry. More joy. I try to resolve to keep all that in mind.
A few great links to kick off your new year:
* Coffee lovers (that's me): Check out Starbuck's new "Skinny" Mochas and Lattes. Only 90 calories... carb-count TBD.
* Inspirational types: Enter Prevention Magazine's Picture of Health contest. Tell 'em how you changed your life, in video and/or photos.
* Follow what the politicians are going to do about healthcare, at Health08.org.
* Check out the Top 10 health trends for 2008 from the Times UK online. Note that #10 is all about beautifying your teeth... a point which the Simpson's hammer home so nicely in their "Dental Health for Mental Health" video on YouTube. Ha!
* Keep your eyes peeled for Google's new online Health Platform, coming in early 2008.
Happy New Year 2008, Everyone!
Ever since I was little, music has been a part of shaping my life with diabetes.Diagnosed with T1D at age five, I have vivid memories growing up singing and changing up lyrics to tunes like Foreigner's Juke Box Hero and Pour Some Sugar On Me by D...
Hey Thanksgiving turkeys, we've got some news for you... Thanks to our regular contributor Jerry King, an accomplished cartoonist who creates more than 200 illustrations each month for websites, magazines, newspapers, greeting cards, etc., worl...
We hope you're also taking it easy and enjoying some time off with friends and family over this Thanksgiving break. And if you're into Black Friday shopping, may the best of holiday bargains be with you! Of course, our diabetes never takes a holi...
This winter, DiabetesMine will be turning 13. So you might say we're getting a little old for Trick-or-Treating. But like death and taxes, Halloween just keeps coming around, nonetheless.Actually it's a favorite time of year at my house, because i...
And now, a break from our regularly scheduled weekly diabetes advice column, Ask D'Mine, hosted by longtime type 1 PWD and diabetes author Wil Dubois. This week, Wil's regaling us with a special Halloween tale... Gather in close around the fire...