Hey, have you heard the one about cinnamon and blood sugars?
Yes, so have we.
Welcome to 2018, Friends.
In many ways it can't be worse than last year... And diabetes-wise? Well, one can always hope for miracles -- while trying to keep it real on redoubling our efforts for better BG control.
And despite the start of a fresh year, we expect to see many cliche diabetes tips bantered about as always. You know, references to tree bark tea and magic supplements that can level off our blood sugars.
So today, while truly wishing you all a Happy New Year, we can't help sharing our list of top eight silly diabetes resolutions we're drawn to (NOT) for 2018.
D-Resolutions We Won't Be Keeping
- Buy more diabetes products -- like $40 shampoo, $38 vitamins, and specialized sunglasses.
- Socialize our diabetes away. Because the more friends we have, the less diabetes. So says the UK's Daily Express.
- Get water-logged to induce a cure. (Gulp)
- Invest in insulin chewing gum. Because that breakthrough is definitely going to happen.
- Enjoy teaching doctors who are "diabetes dumb." Wait, nevermind -- too much work!
- Write a list of "best diabetes apps" that no one's ever heard of... some even created by a company called UglyApps.
- Go on a strict Kale Diet. Because... SUPERFOODS!
- Be more "compliant." Or maybe not. Because it feels so good to be "bad."
What about you, Diabetes Community?
Any resolutions you'll be sticking to, or not, in the weeks and year ahead? Please share!