Based on Chapter 11 from The Beginners Guide to Natural Living by Larry Cook, host Zoe Simpson explains the extreme toxicity of mercury in amalgam fillings and therefore why holistic dentists don’t use it. Distributed by Tubemogul.
Read the full transcript »

The use of mercury in conventional dentistry is highly controversial and is probably the main reason to choose a holistic dentist. Since, holistic dentist do not use it. Mercury amalgam filling, also called silver fillings contain about 50% mercury. Mercury is 500 times more toxic than lead. And, the second most toxic substance to man next to plutonium. Traditional dental authorities alleged that elemental mercury is rendered harmless in fillings, because it is chemically bound to the silver. However, studies have shown that mercury vapor does escape from fillings and is then, absorbed by the rest of the body, including organs. Absorption increases when eating hot foods or liquids, and when chewing. This low level that constant mercury exposure can contribute to a variety of health problems, especially if the immune system is weak. And, that is why we should avoid mercury amalgam fillings. If you like to learn more about holistic dentistry and the natural living lifestyle, you can read this informative book, “The Beginners Guide to Natural Living.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement