Learn how to Handle Food Allergies - What are some other food allergens?
Read the full transcript »
Host: What are the some other food allergies? Bob B. Greavani: Well it turns out that, we know the big eight cause 90% of food allergic reactions, but there's hundreds and hundreds of compounds or foods, that cause the other 10% of those food allergic reactions and they vary in different parts of the world, things like poppy seeds, sesame seeds, cotton seeds those kinds of things are also food allergens. Molluscan shellfish cause some issues in certain people as well. So, there are hundreds and hundreds of foods that fill in that small 10% of food allergic reactions.
Copyright © 2005 - 2015 Healthline Networks, Inc. All rights reserved for Healthline.