Thursday, April 17, 2014
Licensed from

Medical Specialist: Neurotology

Neurotology is a subspecialty of otolaryngology. Otolaryngologists are also called Ear, Nose and Throat—or ENT—specialists. They are doctors who have five years additional training in both medicine and surgery of the ears, nose and throat, as well as related structures of the head and neck. They are also experts in managing the care of sinusitis; allergies; problems of the face, neck and ears; dizziness; balance problems and swallowing problems. A neurotologist is sometimes called an otologist, and is an expert in the medical and surgical care of adults and children with neurological problems of the ear, including:

Associated Diseases


American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, 2008.

Next Steps:
Find a Otologist & Neurotologist
Enter your zip code
Written by: JC Jones MA, RN
Last Updated: February 20, 2008
Published By: Healthline Networks Inc.
Healthline Tools
3D Body Maps
Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Healthline Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.
Healthline is for informational purposes and should not be considered medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. more details