Health Tip: Your Doctor Has Prescribed Cardiac Rehabilitation
Here's how it can help
(HealthDay News) -- Cardiac rehabilitation may be just what the doctor ordered if you have heart problems and need to improve your health and well-being.
The U.S. National Heart Lung and Blood Institute says cardiac rehab may help by:
- Reducing the risk of another heart attack or stroke.
- Reducing the risk of a subsequent heart-related hospital stay.
- Helping manage risk factors for heart disease, including high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and diabetes.
- Promoting healthier lifestyle changes, such as getting regular exercise and eating a healthier diet.
- Helping improve overall health and quality of life.